Cobra Bio Cell Hybrid Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review Hawk! Love the ability to customize to whatever loft you prefer in that range.

Great write up. Huge fan of cobra hybrids since my purchase of the baffler line last year. I will have some of the bio's because of the adjustability. Being able to dial in the hybrids for distant gaps will be very beneficial.

Some great information there Hawk. Having just hit the Adams Pro this past weekend I am eager to put this one up against it. THe 3W & 5W have left my bag for hybrids & definately will give this one a spin. THanks again!

Seems like it performed as expected but no wow factor for you Hawk. What do you think was missing? Was it a sound/feel thing?

Well written Hawk!

I agree on all of it, the sound is def more tinny than some of the other options but the launch angle and distance overall is a pleasant surprise. Not the longest, but not shorter either compared to others out there, plus the angles (launch and descent) have made it a lot of fun to hit into greens for me personally.

Another great review my friend.

Appreciate it guys :)

Seems like it performed as expected but no wow factor for you Hawk. What do you think was missing? Was it a sound/feel thing?

To be fair, I'm so picky with hybrids and I don't doubt that it will be loved by many. When things settle down a little I'm going to do a shootout for my 2014 hybrid and this one is undoubtedly going to be in the mix. The fact that I was able to keep it straight in testing was huge, and then add in that it's an easier club to hit off the turf than my current hybrid, so it has to be considered.

The feel off the face does lag behind the X2Hot and the ball flight just didn't seem as strong out in the open air, BUT it did seem straighter for me. That's a big but, and with a hybrid I really consider that equally with distance.

Will definitely update as I pick among the options.

Appreciate the review here Hawk. I absolutely love the look of this with the bio cell pattern.

You had me a bit concerned with the sound of off center hits but I was glad to further read that the performance of those strokes was still satisfactory. Also was happy to see that with loft adjustments the smart sole delivered as intended with keeping a neutral/square look at address.

Appreciate the review here Hawk. I absolutely love the look of this with the bio cell pattern.

You had me a bit concerned with the sound of off center hits but I was glad to further read that the performance of those strokes was still satisfactory. Also was happy to see that with loft adjustments the smart sole delivered as intended with keeping a neutral/square look at address.

Why did you not hit mine this weekend?

Why did you not hit mine this weekend?

Because I was having too much fun with the new driver and other new hybrid.

My bad....I know.

Great review as usual Hawk. I love the looks of this hybrid. Cant wait to get my hands on one and give it a go

Great thoughts Hawk. Sounds like Cobra took a already great hybrid and just made some minor improvements. Love the steep descent talk though. Makes this a second shot beast.

Well done Ryan, looks like Cobra has a winner on their hands!

Nicely written Hawk. Sounds like it gives good audible feedback on misses but still performs admirably.I thought the sound of the AMP cell was kind of metallic as well.

Great review as usual Hawk. I really am liking the full spectrum adjustability of these. Cobra is really catching my eye recently, particularly thanks to fellow THPers views on them and reviews like this. Plus, it has awesome colors, so who doesn't love that?

Well written review Hawk. I really like that blue hybrid.

I am so accustomed to the feel of my Adams, I am not sure how I would react to the tinny sound. Still, I have to replace the thing, as it has a few scratches and the ferrule is broken.

I really liked this write up a lot. There seems to be tons of functionality with the multiple loft settings and the most appealing thing to me is the swingweight, D2 all day long for this kid, this may just be the first hybrid to stay in my bag if I can get the right shaft in it and keep the swingweight.

Nice review hawk! I thought about your comments on the sound today as I was hitting a few balls at the shop today. You can definitely hear the difference on shots off the toe vs center. I still love the feeling of the sweet spot and the looks of this club are just fantastic!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Great review I am glad to see them reducing the offset on hybrids first Callaway now Cobra

Hawk, I know you said you saw a fairly straight ball out of this one but did you have any worry of the typical hybrid lefts?

Also, curious what kinda differences you saw out of it compared to any irons you had of similar loft, especially in that 25 degree range?

Solid review, some great info to digest.

Hawk, I know you said you saw a fairly straight ball out of this one but did you have any worry of the typical hybrid lefts?

Also, curious what kinda differences you saw out of it compared to any irons you had of similar loft, especially in that 25 degree range?

To me, it was better on the lefties than most. Trying to think, that's about a 5 iron for me . A little longer than that, a little higher flying I guess.

Great review I am glad to see them reducing the offset on hybrids first Callaway now Cobra

Me too, that's one thing about them that always bothered me, These look fantastic!

Me too, that's one thing about them that always bothered me, These look fantastic!

Reminded me a bit of my Covert Tour in that regard. Face sort of appears onset in some ways.

Back