#TylersTroops say Happy Birthday to Tyler

TeedUpThoughts

#TeamNE
Reaction score
Handicap
< Last Yr!
I was sitting in ridiculous traffic this morning and there were 3 helicopters circling overhead (which is VERY rare for RI). I was about 30 minutes late for work and turned to my trusty news source (Facebook) to figure out what was going on. Turns out, there is a very special event going on today in RI for a boy with Leukemia named Tyler. He's going to be 7 today, is really into firetrucks, and is about to get the surprise of his life!

A little while back, his mother turned to twitter and Facebook to ask local fire departments to sign and send a birthday card for Tyler. The firefighters have taken this and ran with it and now have well over 300 fire trucks, 300+ police vehicles, 3 helicopters, and thousands of people going to parade by Tyler's house and personally drop off thousands of signed cards for his birthday.
3358690_G.jpg

I'd say that's a pretty cool reason to hold up traffic! So, Happy Birthday Tyler!!

Check out the story here:

http://wpri.com/2014/03/06/young-cancer-patients-birthday-celebration-underway/

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24...ith-cancer-an-unforgettable-birthday-surprise

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this.

Oh man. That's a heart wrencher right there. What a great thing to do.

man that is a good story.

This isn't limited to Rhode Island and isn't limited to firefighters as well. From my Twitter feed:

Awesome gesture!

This isn't limited to Rhode Island and isn't limited to firefighters as well.

Theres at least 2 boston based news helicopters flying around and I've seen quite a bit about the MA group meeting in Quincy and heading down. It's turning into a sizable event

Great story...thanks for sharing.

Great story!! Thanks for sharing this with us!!

My God this is fantastic, just the thought of them doing this makes my dang eyes water. There are still heroes out there.

Latest update is over 1500 police cars and 150+ fire trucks... and they're not all there yet

Thats great. I appreciate you sharing this as I would have missed

What an amazing story! Thanks for sharing.

Wow that is absolutely incredible. I'll be following along closely. Also, he has a great name. :alien2:

I love reading this. Such an awesome story.

Stories like this just give me goosebumps. Love that there's so much response to this and Tyler's about to get blown away by this surprise.

That is VERY cool, thanks for sharing this.

support is pouring in from all over the country, this is crazy!

Pretty cool. Great gesture for that little boy.

Wow what a touching story. Thanks for posting. I think someone left an onion out in here..

Cool stuff.

Loved watching the followup on the news this morning. My living room was awfully dusty for a minute or so, my wife and I both agreed.

Back