Not open for further replies.
7yry8y5e.jpg

The range is open at AMarts house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

#doworkson

7yry8y5e.jpg

The range is open at AMarts house.

Apparently it's an exclusive range......

------

Love seeing my Albatross boys working their tails off on their games and sharing thoughts in here. Absolutely LOVE it.

Apparently it's an exclusive range......

------

Love seeing my Albatross boys working their tails off on their games and sharing thoughts in here. Absolutely LOVE it.

Haha you know you have an open invitation anytime. I'll text you the garage code ;)

Productive morning. I hit the suspension trainer for 40 minutes first to get that out of the way. Then after getting the house cleaned I hit the garage for an hour of practice and testing. Progress. It's slow, but it's coming with every session. After the drills were done I took a lot of full swings for some reviews and was pretty happy with what I was seeing. Swing thoughts were turning into the right instep, a strong push off the right foot, and the feeling that I was hitting down into the ground. Finished strong and quit so I have a good memory in the head for tomorrow.

Great follow up range session to begin working on my new swing path. I worked on it all morning prior to the range, making sure I have the shaft pointing down my target line left shoulder back arms and hands nor parallel at the top, and finally dropping my arms down with a more right swing path. Felt great right?!?!

So I proceeded to the range and right away found myself going back to my in to over the top swing. So I backed up...took a few breaths and cleared my thoughts. Step back up and BOOM it just clicked. I started working with wedges in order to not get carried away with over swings. My ball flight was exactly what I was looking for. Accuracy??? Dead on. I can't tell you how many flagsticks I hit. Finished up working on a few 8i prior to leaving and they all felt good.

Talk about sore...yep different muscles being used.

The range finally opened up so I was able to get a session in. Hitting to targets with the scoring irons, then wanted to figure out which clubs I want at the top of the bag. Hit my long irons, a driving iron I just picked up, my X Hot and my Optiforce. I liked how I was hitting everything, but will need more time to figure out gapping. My main miss with the long irons was getting under plane and hitting it fat, so just had to remember to create width in the backswing.

Then I put in some serious time with the SLDR. It was my first time outside with it, so I tinkered with the lateral weight and loft. First off, I didn't see any of the the weird misses I was getting in the sim. Also, I finally settled on 12* with the lateral weight one notch towards the heel of normal and wow, the ball just launched. It reminded me of the SpeedBlades, just real strong ball flight. At any rate, practiced with it for a while and am finally getting comfortable.

I like how things look right now, but lots more work to do. I think I can improve on my longer range shots just below driver, including figuring out which clubs to put in those slots, which I'd like to figure out relatively soon.

Generally though, I'm ready for the season to start. This time last year, my irons were a pretty big weakness for me. The last 6 months I've really worked on improving and fixed a couple major swing flaws. It's helped dramatically and I've seen better ball striking and more consistency with all my clubs. Of course, this is all on the perfect lie of a hitting mat, so I'm itching to get out on the course and work on putting this swing into some game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My back yard is a swamp but I went out for about 45 mins with my 54* and tried various shots. This was my last batch, from about 20 yards out. The ones before this were WAY worse as far as dispertion. But it was nice to hit outside.

apa5ypum.jpg

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Nice job getting out there for some Saturday work people.

Had my weekly lesson today. It's been a while since my last, but have been tying to keep swinging indoors trying to engrain the swing changes.

Posture was better, lower body was quieter, but still to much hand movement with the takeaway. Saw my first lesson and today side by side and it was night and day.

I got some drills to work on to quiet the hands & will be hard at work trying to get that to translate throughout the bag.

Had a range session this afternoon, but mostly I was there for a PING fitting, which was pretty cool. PING reps were there to do the fittings, but they didn't have a van and just used the cart that the course had on hand. That meant some limited selection in what we were able to try, but I was able to try enough stuff to know I really, really like the s55 and i25 irons. I think I'll probably end up pulling the trigger on some i25s in the near future, but still need to do some work figuring out which shaft is best and whether I go blue or yellow dot. All in all, a great time at the range, though.

Worked on nothing but bunker play today before my 9 holes. 36 balls (small bucket) all out of the bunker. Felt good and it led to me getting up and down today.

Worked on nothing but bunker play today before my 9 holes. 36 balls (small bucket) all out of the bunker. Felt good and it led to me getting up and down today.

What do you work on? Just curious because I've never really practiced my bunker game so I wouldn't know what to do if I tried

On the docket for HH or Cali the following week? Green side or fairway type shots?

I've been working a bit on shortening my backswing. Not a ton, just trying to limit it to be less than the crazy length I take it right now, especially with my irons.

I think it will lead to a bit less spin and a bit more accuracy.

Another bucket to work on tempo! right arm and getting away from ott. Also various B&R with various irons. Good day with everything and a good sign when my 4I is pin seeking. Holding a landing on fake grass is good from 210.

Range time with Canadan is paying big dividens. Since last weekend I'd been working on my grip and "taking a divot". Today was fixing my take away and slowing working in some shaft loading. The changes feel weird until you pure an 8i that flies straight and high after an hour and a half at the range. This game is addicting and as I improve and learn I want to play more and more.

Range time with Canadan is paying big dividens. Since last weekend I'd been working on my grip and "taking a divot". Today was fixing my take away and slowing working in some shaft loading. The changes feel weird until you pure an 8i that flies straight and high after an hour and a half at the range. This game is addicting and as I improve and learn I want to play more and more.

Man, I cannot wait to see you get your hands on some lesson time with a pro. I think the room you have for improvement is massive, and very VERY much within reach before July!!

Cannot wait to see where you take your game this summer. I'll be supporting it however i can.

Man, I cannot wait to see you get your hands on some lesson time with a pro. I think the room you have for improvement is massive, and very VERY much within reach before July!!

Cannot wait to see where you take your game this summer. I'll be supporting it however i can.

Gonna need to spend some JB time in the bunker soon after the course tour today!

Gonna need to spend some JB time in the bunker soon after the course tour today!

Yeah buddy, and it's all about practicing with a purpose. I can't wait for some big bunker sessions.

Bi-monthly trip down south today. Time to see some balls fly.

Hitting the range and then playing 18. Really going to commit myself again this year. I made big strides in my game last year, so I am hoping to continue down that road this year. Meaningful practice and focused rounds

Meh. Shoulda just stayed home and I knew it before I even put pants on this morning. Tired, sore, and in need of an off-day. Hit the ball fine, but I wasn't in to it.

Just hit the range for more target practice and time with the driver. It was windy, so took notice of the distances I was hitting with that kind of wind. Of course it calmed down when I had a few balls left.

After two days in a row and large buckets each time, definitely saw some fatigue and started getting a little frustrated. It's a mental thing, but I get pissed when I'm not hitting clubs like I have been and start seeing misses I'm not used to seeing. I just focused on settling down and a nice on plane take away. The whole not getting frustrated, staying calm and focused is just as important to me as lowering my handicap, so gonna take those times when things aren't going perfect to work on it.

Taps away

Snow on the ground, so myself and 4 other THPers (Maddog, Six4three5, Golds and Shankosaurus) checked out a new indoor range. We rented two bays for an hour and were able to get some full swings as well as work on our chipping.

I love that this place is just 5 minutes from my house and will be extremely useful next winter.

uploadfromtaptalk1394400920647.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394400943907.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394400968089.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I went to the range this morning to see ball flight outside for the first time since November. Over all it was a good session with me seeing some great ball flights with my miss being an over drawn ball.

I took it to the course afterward and saw similar results there.

Today was a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back