Cobra Bio Cell+ Driver - Review Thread

We had another THPer buy one of these today. Based on his numbers I saw, next time we tee it up with him be afraid, be very afraid!

We had another THPer buy one of these today. Based on his numbers I saw, next time we tee it up with him be afraid, be very afraid!

Hahahahaha!! BIGTIME!

So on Wednesday I watched as one of my buddies from Men's League got over 171 mph ball speed with his new Bio Cell +! The thing carried over 300 yards!!!!

Here's some youtube links to two swings on the range this weekend.

First is the slo mo swing, second is full speed. I don't find the sound loud by any means. Both of these were pretty well struck shots.

The first time I hit this club I thought it was loud. But that was the only time, which leads me to believe it had something to do with the acoustics of the bay I was hitting it in not the club. I have hit it indoors in another location, and watched others hit it indoors and outdoors and it sounds really good.

I spent some more time with this club in stock form today. I like it a lot more than I did at first. I'm working on some swing changes and they seem to really agree with the red tie. The sound is a bit funky to my ear (coming from the amp cell), but not so distracting that I'll have any problem getting used to it. The lower spin rates definitely seem to work better for me at 10.5 than 9.5 which is what my amp cell is set at. Interestingly, I like the draw setting on the amp cell, but with the bio cell + I like the neutral better. The forgiveness is definitely there, too. I was checking after every shot, and while you do know when you hit it off center the ball isn't punished terribly. When you do hit the center of the face... wheeee doggies

edit: I also let our club champion hit it today. I don't think he wanted to admit it, but I think he liked it better than his SLDR :D

Played this today w/ the Red Tie. Went 10 of 14 in fairways on a tight course. I'm hitting bombs with this but it's a lower flight than I want. It's set at 10.5 but gonna go to the full 11 to see. If it stays low I guess I'm going to get the Oban black tipped and give that a run through.

Driver feels great. Much further than my other drivers. Just need to get my flight up a bit!

Played this today w/ the Red Tie. Went 10 of 14 in fairways on a tight course. I'm hitting bombs with this but it's a lower flight than I want. It's set at 10.5 but gonna go to the full 11 to see. If it stays low I guess I'm going to get the Oban black tipped and give that a run through.

Driver feels great. Much further than my other drivers. Just need to get my flight up a bit!

Graffaloy Boost to the rescue.

Hit the Bio Cell+ tonight, and was really impressed with the improvements made from the amp cell.

Even with the red tie (which is often too much spin for me) I found some really strong numbers. Sims are what they are so it's hard to put a ton of stock in it, but the dispersion and consistency was very solid. While I was originally feeling a bit pessimistic about the white frame on the outside, I found it to set up very nicely to the ball. It had the black finish as opposed to some colour, and while I think I would be inclined to go with blue or red, I thought it looked subtle enough in black to appease a number of audiences.

Where I found the amp cell to launch too high, I felt like I could actually add some height and be fine with this. Distance wise as compared to a number of the other major brands, the Bio Cell+ really performed and was the longest carry of the bunch.

Really enjoying the +. Did another compare against the Bio Cell, and the + is consistently 500+ RPMS less, on average. For some reason, I just feel more comfortable/confident looking down at the +, so perhaps I am putting better swings on it. I guess the shaft could also be playing a part, too, so I'm going to try another shaft, just to be sure.

Really enjoying the +. Did another compare against the Bio Cell, and the + is consistently 500+ RPMS less, on average. For some reason, I just feel more comfortable/confident looking down at the +, so perhaps I am putting better swings on it. I guess the shaft could also be playing a part, too, so I'm going to try another shaft, just to be sure.

The + is DEFINITELY lower spin than the regular, little lower launching as well.

The + is DEFINITELY lower spin than the regular, little lower launching as well.

Thanks, JMan. I guess I need to think about just running with the +, and selling the regular. Sure wish they had one of those green + versions; it'll hurt to put the green Bio Cell up for sale; such a great looking club.

Thanks, JMan. I guess I need to think about just running with the +, and selling the regular. Sure wish they had one of those green + versions; it'll hurt to put the green Bio Cell up for sale; such a great looking club.

Loving black + but make that green and I would be forced to make the switch.

The plus was less spinning for me than it's little brother. I've cut about 1,000 rpm's from my previous driver.

Pumped it up to 11 degrees and getting some better height on the ball. Very encouraging.

Finally got a chance to see these in person yesterday and I must say I am impressed. They look great at address and will be looking to taking a few swings with it.

Finally got a chance to see these in person yesterday and I must say I am impressed. They look great at address and will be looking to taking a few swings with it.

Its a really really solid offering, Cobra is on the right track, and this was without TO in on the design.

Definitely lower spinning than the Bio as it is designed to be so, its the lowest spinning driver of their line and also has the lowest CG of any driver Cobra has ever put out, add to it that the face retains ballspeeds extremely well on misses and it could be a weapon for many this year.

Its a really really solid offering, Cobra is on the right track, and this was without TO in on the design.

Definitely lower spinning than the Bio as it is designed to be so, its the lowest spinning driver of their line and also has the lowest CG of any driver Cobra has ever put out, add to it that the face retains ballspeeds extremely well on misses and it could be a weapon for many this year.

All things I love to hear. I was very interested by the AMP Cell but just never got around to hitting one but now that I have had them in hand, I really think I need to get it on a LM and see what I see.

All things I love to hear. I was very interested by the AMP Cell but just never got around to hitting one but now that I have had them in hand, I really think I need to get it on a LM and see what I see.

That's where it all started for me. Just couldn't ignore the numbers that were being posted.

If you're hitting the BB Alpha well, then with the right shaft, I'll bet you could make the + sing.

Such different beasts than the AC was last year, I know sometimes we see new generations that seemingly don't change much, but there was a major focused effort to achieve some big changes in the Bio line and having hit them both now I'm comfortable saying they definitely achieved what they wanted.

If you're hitting the BB Alpha well, then with the right shaft, I'll bet you could make the + sing.

It's tough to say. On the LM I am getting close to 265+ carry with Alpha and the one time I have had it outside I am really liking the ball flight.

But I think you are right, I could get the Bio+ to work for me but it's just a question if it would be significantly better than the Alpha. Time will tell I guess.

Such different beasts than the AC was last year, I know sometimes we see new generations that seemingly don't change much, but there was a major focused effort to achieve some big changes in the Bio line and having hit them both now I'm comfortable saying they definitely achieved what they wanted.

Pardon my ignorance but they have the same face in them right? Maybe tweaked just a bit for the new design?

Back