Android Phone Thread

Thanks for the replies, the samsung s5 looks awesome but will probably be rather expensive only being out a month when I become eligible for my upgrade.

Thanks for the replies, the samsung s5 looks awesome but will probably be rather expensive only being out a month when I become eligible for my upgrade.
Doubtful. Probably either $199 or $299 depending on which one you go with.

That's not bad. If I get one I'll have to do some research on what all it's capable of and what apps are the most useful. Thanks again for the advice and expect some more questions if I make the switch.

That's not bad. If I get one I'll have to do some research on what all it's capable of and what apps are the most useful. Thanks again for the advice and expect some more questions if I make the switch.
Bring on the questions. I might be a bit of a nerd.

I went S4. The removable battery and SD slot sealed the deal for me. Not ready to give those two things up, but it came at the expense of that excitement you get with a new phone. I just feel like I got the same thing I had, but whatever. It works.

I went S4. The removable battery and SD slot sealed the deal for me. Not ready to give those two things up, but it came at the expense of that excitement you get with a new phone. I just feel like I got the same thing I had, but whatever. It works.
It is quite the upgrade, even though it "looks" the same.

More firepower, better screen, more everything.

You're right. I just need to get into it so I can see what it's able to do. I think it's just the same look that makes it boring. Camera is nice though.

You're right. I just need to get into it so I can see what it's able to do. I think it's just the same look that makes it boring. Camera is nice though.

Camera is awesome.

Those are the same feelings I had when I got mine.

Verizon gave me a 50% rebate on the Edge plan, so I'm in good shape. Half price on the phone.

It's just hard to think of what companies can add to phones next t to set them apart. I only see performance upgrades and the occasional gimmicks in the near future.

Can't think of one thing my LG G2 doesn't have that I wish it did.

It's just hard to think of what companies can add to phones next t to set them apart. I only see performance upgrades and the occasional gimmicks in the near future.

Expandable memory for the G2

That's why I passed on it. Otherwise it was awesome.

Expandable memory for the G2

If it didn't come stock with 32gb I would completely agree. I'm starting to think that while expandable memory is great, it's not a necessary anymore.

If it didn't come stock with 32gb I would completely agree. I'm starting to think that while expandable memory is great, it's not a necessary anymore.

Tell my wife that.

It does? That moron at the store told me 16g.

Replaceable battery.
Expandable memory.

For me it is.

Anything less than 64gb is too small.

It does? That moron at the store told me 16g.

Yup. You can't go wrong with either. We use the g2 at work. Real good device. It's fast and doesn't seem to ever lag which is nice. I was in the same boat, I went s4. Sometimes I wish I went the other direction, but whatever the s4 is good and works fine.

Replaceable battery.
Expandable memory.

I do like a replaceable battery. Even though I have not used one for either the s3 or s4. But that's an option I really enjoy.

I do like a replaceable battery. Even though I have not used one for either the s3 or s4. But that's an option I really enjoy.
I rarely used it either. However, having the option when traveling to throw in a fresh battery vs charge it up is quite nice.

My wife was due for an upgrade and was completely out of memory on her iPhone. She hated the S4 for whatever reason and wanted the G2 but needed the extra memory. So she finally settled and just wanted the S4. I went to the store and bought her a Note 3. I told if she doesnt want it after a few weeks and thinks its too big we can just swap phones. Sadly she loves the Note 3. I really wish that I bought the Note at the time I got the S4. They are both solid devices. I never thought I would like the bigger phone like that but I really like it.

Back