Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

One day closer! I can already smell the fresh ocean air. Can't wait to see how the course is set up!

It's not hard to spot me. I'm the same height as Ward, just twice as wide. Add in that I like bright colors, put me in orange and I look like one of those traffic barrels.

Just about to start day two of three work days. Weekend will be here before we know it.

Just about to start day two of three work days. Weekend will be here before we know it.

Can't get here fast enough, dude. I'm ready to be in Hilton Head.

I'll be heading out about this time in 2 days, first trip ever for me to HHI and it will be with some of the greatest folks on the planet. I am a blessed old man, see y'all there.

I'm trying to work out a deal to get out of work 1/2 day on Friday so I can come hang out Friday night. The problem is that there's only one guy who's certified to teach this class besides me and he's involved in an exercise that may or may not finish on Thursday.

The problem is that I probably won't know until Thursday night and then it's a crap shoot for a hotel room.

I should be easy to spot. Not many people sport an Oklahoma golf bag in this neck of the woods. Can't wait to put faces to these names!

It's not hard to spot me. I'm the same height as Ward, just twice as wide. Add in that I like bright colors, put me in orange and I look like one of those traffic barrels.

I got this at one event. And, sadly, it's a pretty fair representation.
889942-mike1_zpsfabd1647.jpg

I will be the guy with a bag full of SeeMores. I will be breaking out my new white clover head cover for this event.

We should get to see the teams anytime now. Woot woot!

We should get to see the teams anytime now. Woot woot!

I forgot about that part. Anytime now, really.

Also interested to learn the format, but I suspect that waits until Saturday.

I will be the guy with a bag full of SeeMores. I will be breaking out my new white clover head cover for this event.

Would you happen to have a Z3 that I could try out? I've been in ponder mode for a long time on that putter, but none of the Seemore dealers around here have one that I can try out and that's an expensive experiment.

Would you happen to have a Z3 that I could try out? I've been in ponder mode for a long time on that putter, but none of the Seemore dealers around here have one that I can try out and that's an expensive experiment.

Don't currently have a z3 but do have a z2c you are welcome to roll. When referring to models of SeeMore, I always say currently because that is subject to change at anytime!

I forgot about that part. Anytime now, really.

Also interested to learn the format, but I suspect that waits until Saturday.

Agreed we shall be teased till then me thinks

I've been to several THP events and never had an issue locating THP members. We will find one another just fine. Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days.

I've been to several THP events and never had an issue locating THP members. We will find one another just fine. Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days.

To be fair, everybody finds you. You are a celebrity with the swing of gold and the guy getting us some water. :D

_________________________________________________________________________________

Teams coming today everybody.

Boom! Teams today!

Teams today?

Teams today.

Will we get a chance at redemption, or will I have to beat you and whoever they team you up with?

You'd be surprised how many people I've played with at THP events have said the exact same thing.

Can't wait to see who wukl be carrying me and my ragged left arm!

Just remember...Format changes at the turn and that was considered in making these teams.

Golfsmith has a big basket of Tour B330s marked at $29/dozen. At the register, they were actually $24.99/dozen. I bought a dozen, then the image of Palmetto Dunes raced through my mind and I said "I better make that 2 dozen."

Looking forward to it.

Boom! Teams today!

Looking forward to seeing these! I'll probably be on the course, though, and have to wait until tonight. I could leave my phone on, but I don't like to do that. It's all good. Love the anticipation.

Back