What company has the best stable of players right now?

Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
What company has the best lineup out there right now? Callaway signed a ton of guys over the last 10 months and it seems to be paying off with players like Patrick Reed. Who do you think has the best lineup out there? It could be relative to the current World Golf rankings or not. Thoughts?

What company has the most overrated stable?

Underrated?

AND do you think that major wins play a role in your rankings?

I think Callaway is very well staffed. As far as under/over rated. I don't have an opinion.

Callaway has to be in the lead right now. Of course, some of the smaller guys might be getting more bang for their buck with fewer staffers, but Callaway is racking up wins.

Titleist has had a decent run in the last year too. ZJ, Adam Scott, Spieth, Dufner and Jimmy Walker with Webb Simpson tossed in there.

Hard to say because they are so varying.
Hard to go against Nike with Tiger & Rory plus others
Then you have the lean and mean stable like Bridgestone w/ Kuchar & Sneds, etc
Callaway has Phil and then a LOT of young talent.
TaylorMade has DJ, Rose, Sergio, etc and a slew of driver talent.
Ping has Hunter, Westwood, Bubba, etc
Cleveland w/ Keegan, Gmac, etc and a lot of young talent.
Titleist w/ Adam Scott, ZJ and tons more and if you count the ball only deals, they have TONS more.

Hard to beat team Callaway right now. What about Odyssey, leading putter on tour.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I think Callaway is very well staffed. As far as under/over rated. I don't have an opinion.

The reason I ask is some guys are featured in commercials who have never won a major or have only one sparingly on tour. I'm not sure if I was starting a marketing campaign those would be the guys I would feature.

Hard to say because they are so varying.
Hard to go against Nike with Tiger & Rory plus others
Then you have the lean and mean stable like Bridgestone w/ Kuchar & Sneds, etc
Callaway has Phil and then a LOT of young talent.
TaylorMade has DJ, Rose, Sergio, etc and a slew of driver talent.
Ping has Hunter, Westwood, Bubba, etc
Cleveland w/ Keegan, Gmac, etc and a lot of young talent.
Titleist w/ Adam Scott, ZJ and tons more and if you count the ball only deals, they have TONS more.

Totally true. Lots of talent is spread out. I was watching TV yesterday and saw probably a half a dozen golf commercials. I was kind of surprised at the lack of wins from some of the guys featured. Especially when you have other guys who are winning fairly regularly.

Titleist if you go by the Top 20 players in the world right now.

Here's the list, sorted by sponsor:

Awesome post man. This is exactly what I was referring to in my head.

Pretty interesting mix when you look at the top 20

The reason I ask is some guys are featured in commercials who have never won a major or have only one sparingly on tour. I'm not sure if I was starting a marketing campaign those would be the guys I would feature.

It depends on who you are marketing to. Callaway is marketing distance. Why not have Harris English, Colsaerts and Woodland?

Hard to say on the best right now

but callaway seems to me to have the deepest

Pretty interesting mix when you look at the top 20

It really is. And there are a ton of guys who are well known and in the top 50 not mentioned.

Hunter
Rickie
Poults

Etc.

It depends on who you are marketing to. Callaway is marketing distance. Why not have Harris English, Colsaerts and Woodland?

Great point!! Depends on what they are selling.

If we are going off of world ranking (which makes the most sense) you have to say TaylorMade. 4 in the top 10 is hard to beat.
Nike - 2
Callaway - 2
Titleist 2
TaylorMade - 4

I think the key for a company's line up is how recognizable are the spokes persons they have in stable. It would be very hard to argue with either Nike with Tiger or Callaway with Phil those would be the one's that even the casual golfer would recognize so I have to go with those two.
I know that most of us here can identify at least an overwhelming majority of players in each company's line up but I am thinking along the lines of the guy who plays 20 or less rounds per year.

Callaway has a very exciting staff right now but it is hard for me to go against Nike at the moment. Tiger might be "struggling" right now but he is still the best player around. Rory has gotten off to a pretty good start this season and he is still very young. After those two they have Watney, Schwartzel, Henley who just won, and Chappell who I feel still has a lot of promise. I'm sure I'm missing a few dudes but they have a solid staff.

Edit: This is a tough question. Titleist has a very compelling argument as well. Really a lot of the OEMs do

Without seeing any of the lists above, I think Titleist does.....even excluding balls.

I think I'm going to say Titleist is in the lead. Hard to go against a stable that has Tiger and Rory. But Titleist is led by Adam Scott and ZJ. Their stable holds 2 of the 4 Major trophies right now, and they have Jimmy Walker who has 3 wins in the 2014 season and leads the FedEx cup. That doesn't even bring in to account the ball count.

Callaway seems to have the most well rounded and deepest group.

If we are going off of world ranking (which makes the most sense) you have to say TaylorMade. 4 in the top 10 is hard to beat.
Nike - 2
Callaway - 2
Titleist 2
TaylorMade - 4

That also depends on type of deal. There are players in that top 20 that play other equipment depending on the time of year. Whether that be wedges, ball, putter or driver. Its why looking at rankings only is rather tough.

Without seeing any of the lists above, I think Titleist does.....even excluding balls.

Titleist staffers have won 2 of the last 4 majors, and at least 7 tournaments this season. However, Callaway has won one major and a FedEx Cup, plus several wins as well.

I think I'm going to say Titleist is in the lead. Hard to go against a stable that has Tiger and Rory. But Titleist is led by Adam Scott, and ZJ. Their stable holds 2 of the 4 Major trophies right now, and they have Jimmy Walker who has 3 wins in the 2014 season and leads the FedEx cup. That doesn't even bring in to account the ball count.

Your meant Rose for TM right?

I guess one of the ways I think of it too is how big the majors are from an advertising perspective. A major is ENORMOUS from a marketing standpoint. Last year in order they went Titleist, TaylorMade, Callaway, Titleist.

Back