#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Was funnier when JB made the joke yesterday. Everyone's just scared because the worlds best gawfers hockey season is almost over then it's time to knock the rust off and dominate in the king with Harry leading the charge.

Thats awesome buddy...But we are playing Golf. Not sure what this Gawf stuff is.

What are the plans for Friday evening? :)

Spill it!

You have to come around a bit more Jimmy. It was mentioned. Team meetings in captains suites with food and drinks in order to set lineups.

Non handicapped and every hole worth a point. I can't even fathom how important getting the proper matchups is going to be no matter the format.

Thats awesome buddy...But we are playing Golf. Not sure what this Gawf stuff is.

You have to come around a bit more Jimmy. It was mentioned. Team meetings in captains suites with food and drinks in order to set lineups.

Here every day my friend.

I recall that just seem to remember another teaser about Friday night. Might be making it up.

are you looking forward to Alt Shot again Mr. Buck?
Of course he is...he cant lose to me this time. #Teammates

Catching up on this thread, glad to see #TeamHair all excited for Freddie to be on their team.

Unfortunately, a few things are still missing that make up a winning formula;
1. Harry as a dominant Captain worried about winning and not a haircut.
2. Me.

The format announcement has me pumped. I love these formats, especially Alt Shot. For those who have never played it in a competition format, put on your big boy pants and get ready to REALLY think yourself around the course. It's incredible, it's stressing, it's competition golf at it's finest.

Cant freaking wait.

#TeamHarry FTW.

Announcement

One of the exciting things about working with Callaway with this event has been the constant changes that take place to make it better. An event that started out with Harry vs Chad and a few THPers was turned into Harry vs Chad + Zoo Crew members + THPers.

The event was set and the members of the teams were formed. Over the last two weeks, Callaway and THP wanted to tweak something and that was to add a couple of more people to the event and remove a couple of Zoo Crew members. This way the event is more about the people here.

Each team is still captained by Harry and Chad and each team will have still have another Zoo Crew member on their team along with 7 other THPers. However now each team will also be armed with a member of the THP Staff to go into battle.

Join me in welcoming War Eagle to Team Harry and Tadashi to Team Chad. This will round out the teams to an even 10 per team and give us something special come #TheKing.

Stay tuned as more announcements are coming today.

I missed this today. Congrats fellas.

This is already shaping up into 'one to remember'

two teams made up of two monsters in the golf industry, Callaway and THP. Meeting in the Captain suite with all parties to talking turkey. I know from the outside it might not seem like a big deal. But how many of you have wanted to be in the war room of a Ryder cup, I have. This is our round table of sorts, I'm excited

two teams made up of two monsters in the golf industry, Callaway and THP. Meeting in the Captain suite with all parties to talking turkey. I know from the outside it might not seem like a big deal. But how many of you have wanted to be in the war room of a Ryder cup, I have. This is our round table of sorts, I'm excited

Exactly! The team room atmosphere is going to be something special. I'm really looking forward to it.

Rumor is that Chad already has team shower caps to protect our hair during our victory celebrations. Apparently something about champaign reacting poorly with hair products.

:)

Exactly! The team room atmosphere is going to be something special. I'm really looking forward to it.
Hopefully we can tweet and give others look inside....a small one
Rumor is that Chad already has team shower caps to protect our hair during our victory celebrations. Apparently something about champaign reacting poorly with hair products.

trust me when I say it reacts fine with high end hair products... I got chad beat

Been watching all the recent Callaway #zoocrew videos. Might be a neat idea for us to do our own to introduce ourselves and allow our captains to start brainstorming.

Allow them to put faces to names, a bit about ourselves and give some info about our games, etc

Did I mention I'm glad to see War and Panda in on this? Their experience is really going to help me prepare for this. It's good to see you two jumping right in.

thank you bro

Hi war, congrats buddy!
Back at you, bro.

Hair nets. That's #cute
Did I mention I'm glad to see War and Panda in on this? Their experience is really going to help me prepare for this. It's good to see you two jumping right in.
Thanks dude. Feel free to bounce any questions/ideas you have off of me. When this came up, I instantly felt like I was Smoltz out in the bullpen getting called in to bring in the heat to Close this one out for the good guys... #TeamHarry.

TeedUp...get War into our THP group when you get a chance please sir!

#strategysessions
#secretplans
#notreally

TeedUp...get War into our THP group when you get a chance please sir!

#strategysessions
#secretplans
#notreally

Will do, first thing in the am!

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

I just got back from playing Chambers Bay today and caught up on this thread - MAN some bombs dropped in here today!! Love the format that's planned, STOKED to have Freddie and Ryan in the fold, and love that we'll be able to play all 54 holes even after we whup up on Harry and his punks!!

My rounds today and yesterday have me convinced of exactly what I need to brush up on headed into this event. The putting and sand play will be getting some serious drilling, and range work will focus on getting a consistent shape with all my clubs. Also will be following up with those issues with my pro next week. I promise that my game will be as tight as possible and ready to tear up Team Harry come April!!

I just got back from playing Chambers Bay today and caught up on this thread - MAN some bombs dropped in here today!! Love the format that's planned, STOKED to have Freddie and Ryan in the fold, and love that we'll be able to play all 54 holes even after we whup up on Harry and his punks!!

My rounds today and yesterday have me convinced of exactly what I need to brush up on headed into this event. The putting and sand play will be getting some serious drilling, and range work will focus on getting a consistent shape with all my clubs. Also will be following up with those issues with my pro next week. I promise that my game will be as tight as possible and ready to tear up Team Harry come April!!

Bruther you're cooking with Crisco! You got your pre war game plan down and ready to put in some fine tuneup sessions to hone those skills. I signed up with my pro yesterday for a series of five lessons. I asked him if I could get at least two in prior to April 23 weekend. He said it could be done so we will map out a plan. He does like you to work on one thing at a time before graduating to the next lesson. He said if you don't develop the set of skills we will be working on, one at a time, you're tossing your money down the drain. Dayuuummmm this guy is hard core :bulgy-eyes: So I have to graduate and pass his test before moving on to the next block of lessons. If I don't pass we keep working until I do so those five lessons could last forever for me. :D Anyways I'm excited about getting out there and developing some consistent short game skills. Getting yourself tuned up for a big event like the King, Morgan Cup, etc. ain't no joke and you have to put in the time and work to be successful. Good luck to everybody in finding that consistency and getting yourself ready for the show!

Bruther you're cooking with Crisco! You got your pre war game plan down and ready to put in some fine tuneup sessions to hone those skills. I signed up with my pro yesterday for a series of five lessons. I asked him if I could get at least two in prior to April 23 weekend. He said it could be done so we will map out a plan. He does like you to work on one thing at a time before graduating to the next lesson. He said if you don't develop the set of skills we will be working on, one at a time, you're tossing your money down the drain. Dayuuummmm this guy is hard core :bulgy-eyes: So I have to graduate and pass his test before moving on to the next block of lessons. If I don't pass we keep working until I do so those five lessons could last forever for me. :D Anyways I'm excited about getting out there and developing some consistent short game skills. Getting yourself tuned up for a big event like the King, Morgan Cup, etc. ain't no joke and you have to put in the time and work to be successful. Good luck to everybody in finding that consistency and getting yourself ready for the show!

Sounds like a good instructor you've found there teammate!! My pro will give you more than one thing at a time, but usually only unrelated things (i.e. a full swing point, a short game point, etc.). I need some putting work like nobody's business - a full half of my strokes at Chambers were with the flatstick! That's a bit deceiving, since you're hitting putter from all kinds of crazy places on that course and the greens are MASSIVE to the point that sometimes a 3 putt is actually a good thing as opposed to something even worse, AND the greens are recovering from the cold and are a bit shaggy and bumpy, but that being said it's still no bueno. I'm definitely gonna have him take a look at my stroke and see if there's anything we should tweak to get a little more consistency, particularly on those 5 or 6 footers. I miss way too many of those right now - I would have been mid/high 80's at Chambers yesterday if I had made more of those.

The other thing is, my 3W is really inconsistent right now, and I'm wondering whether it necessitates a change. You guys are familiar with my 3W ponder, but I'm not sure whether the arrow can be blamed in this case or not. I know the ones I've been trying out have given me some extra carry distance (probably at least 10 yards) and their shallower faces will definitely help with hitting off the deck, both of which will be extremely helpful on the long courses down at Championsgate, but I'm not sure whether I should go messing with my bag right now or not...arggh! :confused2:

Hopefully we can tweet and give others look inside....a small one
trust me when I say it reacts fine with high end hair products... I got chad beat

That would be awesome, or even after the fact. Would love to see the strategizing!

I have loved catching up on this event. There have been some awesome announcements dropped over the last few days.

It has been so hard to keep up with the treads regarding all of the awesome events going on.

Just purchased more memory for my phone and a charger for my second battery, plenty of content will be taken and shared. If you haven't already, follow me on Twitter: @Teedupthoughts or instagram: @rdutellejr

I can already see Harry drawing on the whiteboard like the UPS commercials strategizing with x's and o's in the Vince Lombardi specs. Team Chad is not going to know what hit them!

Last edited:
I'm sure in atmosphere in both the war rooms will be quite different.

I'll be down there plenty early so will have to find a cleaning crew member to drop a bug in Harry's room.

Back