Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
The world told us we needed them and I find myself asking why that is? My laptop is not too heavy. It moves just fine. Its nice on a plane to have just to have something small on that gigantic tray table they give us, and the battery life is decent, but frankly I just do not use mine unless I am flying anymore.

Wait until you're taking kids to karate class and lacrosse practice. Mine gets a lot of use still. Always prefer a PC/laptop for work, finances, etc...

But for surfing, watching, bidding...it still gets a log of use.

Wait until you're taking kids to karate class and lacrosse practice. Mine gets a lot of use still. Always prefer a PC/laptop for work, finances, etc...

But for surfing, watching, bidding...it still gets a log of use.

I think duct tape works well too. :D
And at my age, I dont think that will be happening any time soon.

I'm in the same boat as GG. I need to find a new laptop for my wife, but don't want to drop $1000 for one. She is a high school biology teacher and uses it every day for creating all kinds of documents for her students. I'm thinking 8Gb of RAM in going to me the base.

Any thoughts?

I'm in the same boat as GG. I need to find a new laptop for my wife, but don't want to drop $1000 for one. She is a high school biology teacher and uses it every day for creating all kinds of documents for her students. I'm thinking 8Gb of RAM in going to me the base.

Any thoughts?

Asus or Lenovo would be a good start. Both consistently rank at the top of pc magazines reliability ratings

Sorry if this was posted already but there is a new chrome add-on called Videostream that allows you to play videos from your local machine to Chromecast.

Any thoughts?

I would be open to suggestions as well. I am leaning toward HP since this one has lasted me so long, longer than any other laptop I have had.

Same boat.....my wife wants a new laptop to just toy around on. The 3/4 year old Asus was stupid cheap and is now stupid slow.

I prefer a Mac but don't want to spend that much for this.

Same boat.....my wife wants a new laptop to just toy around on. The 3/4 year old Asus was stupid cheap and is now stupid slow.

3-4 years out of a cheap laptop is a great shelf life. I have had my mid-level Asus for 5 years and my wife for 4 and they are still going strong.

No Mac's ever, this is a Mac free house! I have rid this home of anything apple. :alien:

No Mac's ever, this is a Mac free house! I have rid this home of anything apple. :alien:

Apple a day keeps the doctor away.

I will never go Mac free. Perfect phone minus stupid tapatalk images....I ain't carrying around a tablet that doubles as a phone. :alien:

I can't wait to axe my iPhone

I will never go Mac free. Perfect phone minus stupid tapatalk images....I ain't carrying around a tablet that doubles as a phone. :alien:

You aren't hurting my feelings, I don't have a phablet. ; )

I can't wait to axe my iPhone

I think we should have made it a requirement that the new THP Staff writer have an iphone.

I can't recommend Asus enough for computers . Hold up extremely well and have loads of options . My wife has an asus laptop and it is great. I currently use a Samsung laptop and also a Panasonic tough book (work laptop). The toughbook is a tank I have dropped it on concrete and numerous other places multiple times and it is still going strong. The Samsung has been a great laptop as well but I still prefer the Asus build quality

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I can't recommend Asus enough for computers . Hold up extremely well and have loads of options . My wife has an asus laptop and it is great. I currently use a Samsung laptop and also a Panasonic tough book (work laptop). The toughbook is a tank I have dropped it on concrete and numerous other places multiple times and it is still going strong. The Samsung has been a great laptop as well but I still prefer the Asus build quality

I have never has an Asus, I will look into it.

Asus started off manufacturing motherboards and still does although I think the consumer computer and mother board division recently split. Warranty is the best in the business in my opinion as well I know some of their models even have an accidental one year warranty free of charge which covers drops ,liquid damage etc. This is on top of the normal warranty obviously

I think we should have made it a requirement that the new THP Staff writer have an iphone.

Why did we not think of this?

i have an iPad that close enough?

Sweet! Maybe this means my chance of being a staff writer just increased.

until it's produced by Apple hehe

Electronics Pondering

I would be open to suggestions as well. I am leaning toward HP since this one has lasted me so long, longer than any other laptop I have had.

I'm partial to:
http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/hp-spectre-13t-h200/4505-3121_7-35827863.html?tag=mobile_social

And for value HP Pavilion 15t-n200.

Models change so often, you almost have to just trust an OEM and model line.

I work for hp. Have nothing to do with printer and personal systems group, but can offer Friends&Family discount to THPers. Honestly, a Best Buy sale is often same or better, but buying direct will offer all models and all customization options. Every order I've ever made took just 3 business days to arrive.

PM if interested. With F&F, you do it all yourself, I just provide the access.

Last edited:
Hard pondering going absolutely vanilla on my macbook pro. Wiping everything, music, most of my pics/documents, etc etc and starting fresh. Only downloading things I use daily.

Asus or Lenovo would be a good start. Both consistently rank at the top of pc magazines reliability ratings

I'm in the IT industry and I highly recommend the Lenovo laptops. It's all I'd consider buying. I've had two for work and they have been very reliable. I have also bought two for my daughters (consumer models from Best Buy) and we've had them two years and they're very solid. I was afraid the consumer models wouldn't have the quality of the corporate laptops due to the cost, but so far that hasn't been the case. Definitely consider Lenovo.

I'm partial to:
http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/hp-spectre-13t-h200/4505-3121_7-35827863.html?tag=mobile_social

And for value HP Pavilion 15t-n200.

Models change so often, you almost have to just trust an OEM and model line.

I work for hp. Have nothing to do with printer and personal systems group, but can offer Friends&Family discount to THPers. Honestly, a Best Buy sale is often same or better, but buying direct will offer all models and all customization options. Every order I've ever made took just 3 business days to arrive.

PM if interested. With F&F, you do it all yourself, I just provide the access.

Thank you so much! It's funny, I was never an HP person until this computer. It's served me well, so I feel comfortable with the brand. It's had a few issues, like the fingerprint reader for passwords stopped working after about a year, and the speakers stopped working for about a week then started working again, which was very weird, but overall it's been great. Plus, I beat the crap out of my computers. Not intentionally, but travels with me everyone so it's being banged around on a plan, in the tour van, etc. and it's used just about all day every day except for when I am sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back