What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added more Lamkin UTX to my woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent out the annual golf trip email, everything is set, just up to 15 other guys to get on board.

Wedsday march 12 2014 20 mile per hour wind drizzle rain scary clouds played 18 holes only person on the course (Graysburg Hills Golf Course Chuckey Tennessee) shot a 85 and loved every moment of the time spent on the course!!

Played 18 at Pueblo Del Sol. Pretty much had the course to myself, so was able to practice some shots that I don't usually get to work on much, like 4/3 wedge shots and fairway bunkers. Didn't score that well (my game inside 50 yards is just awful right now), but struck the ball reasonably well off the tee and in the fairway.

got signed up for the first tournament of the year next month, now i actually need to get out and practice

With the weather being kind of crappy, I played 18 by myself yesterday. Played the back 9 twice and the second 9, played the tips w/ two golfballs. I switched to left hand low putting, and made some difficult putts. I was putting the ball much better. I will stick w/ it.

My first ever dyi regripping. Damn if it wasnt easy and stupid of me to ever pay someone to do it...

Btw, this is for you captain Canadan!
4y6aseve.jpg

My first ever dyi regripping. Damn if it wasnt easy and stupid of me to ever pay someone to do it...

Btw, this is for you captain Canadan!
4y6aseve.jpg

The bug has started! You will be reshafting in no time!

All tools and supplies are slowly arriving!

I love it!! If you need any help dont hesitate to hit me up. Im no expert but I have done a set or 100!

Putting Practice. Rolling 100 putts to start to groove my stroke again.

I made a Vine video for my Morgan Cup sponsor. #FridayFun

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Went to a driver fitting this morning. Changed my address, a couple things in my swing, and thus my attack angle changed from -6* to around -1*. As a result, my average spin dropped from 4,000 to under 3,000, launch angle is better and I've picked up ~20 yards carry distance. It turned into more of a lesson than a fitting, but still determined that my ProLaunch Axis Red in stiff flex is too soft :/

I was fitted to an Aldila Tour green shaft in X-stiff. Looks like new irons won't be my only purchase this year...

Last edited:
Update from yesterday: got an estimate on some club working that needs to be done.

Today: took some swings outside (finally :alien2:) on the mat with the birdieballs and the 2 deep. Check the thread for how it went.

Knocked out a driver review before I go on vacation. Heck to the yes.

Knocked out a driver review before I go on vacation. Heck to the yes.

i25? Have fun on the vacay

I've been hitting fairway woods for the last few days and today I am trying to narrow down the choices...looking like replacing the CG Black for sure and possibly the driver.

Range time specifically working on my takeaway and a shirt game lesson. The light bulb went off today and hopefully it translates to the course.

I took 4 beater range balls into my backyard to hit into a nearby field with my XHot 3 Deep. It hit 50 degrees today and I was desperate. My first swing I crushed it AND HIT A DRAW!!! First time I've ever hit a draw with a longer club like that. What a moment. I heart golf.

A little THP and 18 miserable (on my part) holes of golf with 2 awesome THPers, T0AD & v.man.

Got my wedges from Njt11 here on THP now doing an anti rain dance so it doesn't interfere with weekend golfing. See if I come close to backing up the 74 I carded yesterday at Quail Valley here in Houston. I'm not greedy I'll gladly take 80-82 would be fine.

Pulled old grips off of friends clubs and installed new pure grips. Easy peasy
qa6uhege.jpg

Played 18 for the first time in a while! Played badly, but it was better than working!

Spent a good bit of time working on my wedge and chipping game today . I must say it is paying off rather nicely .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulled old grips off of friends clubs and installed new pure grips. Easy peasy
qa6uhege.jpg

Nice job! Beautiful result

Tappin it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back