What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
40/45 for 85 on the RTJ course at Palmetto Dunes. 33 putts, the most of the weekend. Short game work is paying dividends and managed ok on the Bermuda greens. Really happy with how I played on courses I've never played. 79, 82 and 85 over the weekend.

Had a blast playing with Phenom4hire, IR13 and O'Carroll today and all the other THPers the last 2 days.

Great job on the road Barry! :clapp:

Shot a 43/41at a really easy course for my first round in the Desert.

I left so many shots out there and just couldn't figure out the greens. There was potential for greatness today but I just couldn't seal the deal.

3 putted the last hole for an 80 today at Goose Creek. I've had a couple changes to break 80 and haven't pulled it off yet.

2 birdies (one a lip out eagle on par5) and 35 putts. Yikes.

40-35 at Arizona Grand in a company tourney. Hit some good shots. Could have putter better.

What did you shoot today?

A birdie and six pars. I refuse to acknowledge playing the other 11 holes…

Last edited:
74 (37-37) at the RTJ course at Palmetto Dunes. Two birdie, four bogeys. Just an overall solid round of golf.

The driver still isn't working for me, but nothing was too fatal. 3W and 3h were excellent off the tee. The irons were good. I hit a few really nice approach shots, including almost hitting an ace from 172.

Short game was okay. I had some nice up and downs, mostly from some very good putting.

It's good to know that I still have a round like that in me. Definitely something to build on.

Nice round big guy.

Yesterday was a much different round. 84 (43-41) at the Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes.

The round started with a lot of hooks. Driver, FW, hybrid, irons. Everything. Unfortunately, left does not play well at the Hills course. I ended up in some bad places, and bad scoring was the result. Putting was a struggle for most of the round as well. Four three-putts if I remember correctly. A lot of those were caused by being on the wrong tier on the greens.

Scoring was was a little better on the back nine, but in general it was a struggle. Still fun as heck to play with some other THPers.

Man I've been struggling lately. Feels like I've plateaued for the longest time and am kind of going backward. Salvaged an 88 (44/44) today. Nothing horrible other than two doubles, but only 4 pars. I'd hit a great drive, then fubar the second shot and with punched greens, it was impossible to get anything going with the putter. Ugh...next week.

Played 9 at my home course with my 8 year old and a couple of neighbors. Been working hard on the range the past couple weeks and was happy to see it transfer to the course. Hit 8 of 9 greens and shot a bogey free 1 under. Just moved in a year ago to the neighborhood and it was my first round with both of my neighbors so it was gratifying to play well as my neighbors both know what my index is. Missed 4 birdie putts in the 8-15 range but had the line right all day.

Love this game and am always amazed at my excitement level at the start of each golf season - feels like I'm 16 again.:act-up:

Played 9 at my home course with my 8 year old and a couple of neighbors. Been working hard on the range the past couple weeks and was happy to see it transfer to the course. Hit 8 of 9 greens and shot a bogey free 1 under. Just moved in a year ago to the neighborhood and it was my first round with both of my neighbors so it was gratifying to play well as my neighbors both know what my index is. Missed 4 birdie putts in the 8-15 range but had the line right all day.

Love this game and am always amazed at my excitement level at the start of each golf season - feels like I'm 16 again.:act-up:

That is a spectacular round. I dream of having 'boring' rounds like that. Way to go!

Tappin it up

That is a spectacular round. I dream of having 'boring' rounds like that. Way to go!

Tappin it up

Thanks! My 8 year old daughter is a real joy on the golf course and I always seem to play well when she's tagging along as I'm focused on helping her. She actually hit her tee shot on the green on the 120 yard 4th hole which was exciting for all 4 of us.

My only mistake was a slightly pulled drive on the second hole that wound up buried in a fairway bunker but was able to scramble for a par. Starting on the 3rd hole I had it on auto pilot with only 1 approach shot over 20 feet from the hole. Hit the center 15 yards of every fairway with my 13 degree Callaway 3Deep on 1,3,5,6,8, & 9. It's and easy game when you're 260 down the middle on every hole. Can't wait for my 2Deep to arrive sometime before the end of the month.

The tough part is knowing that I can't bottle it and save it for another day. I'm sure my next round I'll be struggling to find the fairway.:act-up:

Shot another 77 yesterday at a different course. Very happy considering I was all wet from the morning round.

Shot another 77 yesterday at a different course. Very happy considering I was all wet from the morning round.

Nice one the lopsta. Looks like your game is back.

We shot 51 in our annual scramble here in Vegas, got beat by one.

Shot 41 for 9 yesterday. I attribute it to my wife riding in the cart with me. I didn't spend every second thinking about golf. Just the few seconds over the ball, and it was back to something else.

Shot a 43/41at a really easy course for my first round in the Desert.

I left so many shots out there and just couldn't figure out the greens. There was potential for greatness today but I just couldn't seal the deal.

Not bad for your first round on a dry course! I'm sure you'll be all set once you get another putting session under your belt. Besides, 84 is a really nice round if you couldn't figure out the greens.

39/39 78 today at Mission Hills Pete Dye course.

Was an awesome round on all fronts for me!

Disappointed with the 43/42 I shot yesterday on the par 70 Pecan Valley River course.

It was cold & windy, but I expect to be about 5 shots better than that on that course.

Hell of a round there Curt, congrats!

On another note, I need to practice...

Guess I shot a 77 yesterday. Really wish I could have played that course in good weather to see a real score.

Shot 44/46 90 today, pretty much best forgotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the way to shoot it ArmyGolf! Great round!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back