Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where I should put this, and do not think a long drawn out thread is worth it, so it will go here. Chasing numbers in golf is a horrible idea. I watch it time and time again from so many golfers. Fitting should be about maximizing the performance with in your abilities, not chasing mythical numbers that your swing is not capable of achieving.

What kind of numbers JB? Like, certain launch numbers? Distance or carry numbers? Spin?

Not sure where I should put this, and do not think a long drawn out thread is worth it, so it will go here. Chasing numbers in golf is a horrible idea. I watch it time and time again from so many golfers. Fitting should be about maximizing the performance with in your abilities, not chasing mythical numbers that your swing is not capable of achieving.

I agree 100%, but I want to ask in order to maximize your abilities shouldn't numbers be a part of the the total picture to make sure you are where you need to be? (Not arguing, simply trying to understand)

Not chasing numbers by any means. I just know I could stand to launch the ball higher. Working with my instructor on my angle of attack with the driver as well, but I've seen higher loft and higher launching shafts working for others with similar swings, so based on the Gerrit at Callaway saying I should go up in launch if I could keep my spin where it is I feel like it's worth a shot

I was not posting that in regards to your posts. But if you want my opinion, its a mistake to change equipment if you are working with an instructor to change the swing. It is only going to make you need to change the equipment again.

What kind of numbers JB? Like, certain launch numbers? Distance or carry numbers? Spin?

Launch numbers.

I agree 100%, but I want to ask in order to maximize your abilities shouldn't numbers be a part of the the total picture to make sure you are where you need to be? (Not arguing, simply trying to understand)

Absolutely they should. I believe in numbers completely. I dont believe in chasing numbers that are unobtainable for a specific swing. Maximizing your launch numbers with in a swing is what I am a big believer in.

My generic ponder is that I want to try a 5 wood to see if it offers better gapping between 3 wood and 4 hybrid than the 3 hybrid does.

My generic ponder is that I want to try a 5 wood to see if it offers better gapping between 3 wood and 4 hybrid than the 3 hybrid does.

Depends on your swing, but for me because I actually hit a 5 wood further than a 3 wood (off the deck) because of the higher launch angle.

What is the loft on your 3 hybrid?

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I know Im away on vacay right now but snooping around in down time and just want to say a-freaking-men.

I've fallen victim to it in the past and IMO it can be blinding to the big picture.

Depends on your swing, but for me because I actually hit a 5 wood further than a 3 wood (off the deck) because of the higher launch angle.

What is the loft on your 3 hybrid?

19 degrees...the point is well taken though, I'd love to take the same 3, 4, and 5 wood to the range and see how the results compare.

One of the biggest problems I have had chasing number (guilty) is that many fitters just look at numbers and not at the dispersion of your shots. I have hit more than one club that I can not keep in play but can hit a mile. The fitter will always get pumped up and try and do the hard sell on the numbers I have to then step back and realize I can hit it a mile all day but if it is not in play I cant do anything with the distance it gives me.

Going graphite shafts in my next iron set- after hitting JB's and 441's clubs with graphite I am seriously thinking of going graphite for the long haul.

Going graphite shafts in my next iron set- after hitting JB's and 441's clubs with graphite I am seriously thinking of going graphite for the long haul.

Seriously eye opening that's for sure. I still want to put some good swings on the recoils in apex and see what differences I would see.

Seriously eye opening that's for sure. I still want to put some good swings on the recoils in apex and see what differences I would see.

JB's were ridiculously amazing and at like 71g were crazy stable IMO for me. Between hitting yours and his I was blown away by the feel, control and stability that graphite iron shafts provide now.

Dude you won't regret it. I did it and am so glad that I did. Can't wait to see which ones you get. Don't forget I have PX 5.5 (not sure if stiff enough for you) plus KK stiff (will be stiff enough IMO) that you can try out. Both have sweet heads in them.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Dude you won't regret it. I did it and am so glad that I did. Can't wait to see which ones you get. Don't forget I have PX 5.5 (not sure if stiff enough for you) plus KK stiff (will be stiff enough IMO) that you can try out. Both have sweet heads in them.

We will have to get together soon so I can try them out.

We will have to get together soon so I can try them out.

Anytime dude. I can bring both. I can carry one, you the other. Then can swing from both bags. But it's up to you.

Apex with recoil shafts are top on my MC iron list! Love the lightweight yet stable feel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Apex with recoil shafts are top on my MC iron list! Love the lightweight yet stable feel.

I could see graphite working extreeeeemely well for you Andy.

Put in a few eBay bids on some pretty Betti putters tonight. Hope to get lucky on at least one of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I could see graphite working extreeeeemely well for you Andy.

In my brief testing I gained a few mph of ball speed with the recoils from the DG XP 95.

In my brief testing I gained a few mph of ball speed with the recoils from the DG XP 95.

Weight could play a decent part in that.. How heavy were the recoils?

Weight could play a decent part in that.. How heavy were the recoils?

71 gram shift weight in the regular flex 660 shaft.

Maybe it's the lack of beer leaving me a little dead inside, but I'm finding myself seeking retail therapy on an increasing basis. I'll take one of everything please.

I'm still pondering a 34" heel shafted smart square. I'm not unhappy with how I putted with my Classic #1 this weekend, but especially early in the year, I think the additional alignment would be beneficial for me.

I might as well just subscribe to this thread so I don't have to look long for it. I swear year round all I do is ponder equipment. Now it's a 3 wood. Might change to a new scotty. Hell might as well throw in irons. Who knows lol

Maybe it's the lack of beer leaving me a little dead inside, but I'm finding myself seeking retail therapy on an increasing basis. I'll take one of everything please.

Yeah I think thats you going through detox.

I really liked Freddie's white pearl KBS Tour shafts in his 54* MD2 wedge, sure was puuuurty, but too pricey of a ponder for me.

Sounds perfectly logical to me hawk! New shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back