KBS Tour 90 Shafts Review - Forum Testing

Do guys on tour rock shaft combo sets? I don't really see much about the shafts they game in their irons.

Doubt it, but I'm bit one that pays too much attention to what tour guys do for validation and such, I know I'm not good enough to carry their bags.

Sounds like you need to find a good flighted set of shafts. Or the DG Pros, maybe even lighter flex than you reviewed.

And this is the other thought. It's becoming evident that flighted is a good thing for my particular needs, which sucks but also doesn't.

Px95's may be worth a look too.

Px95's may be worth a look too.

Def going to have to broaden my sights, learning more and more about my personal needs. But dammit these are so freaking phenomenal for me in the long irons!

The Tour 90s have their spot in the golf universe, and one of those spots is my bag..

Playing the Tour Vs in my irons now, I know that I am sacrificing what I need in my irons, and when given the choice I have little doubt which way I will look in terms of shafts I choose to game.

The Tour 90s have their spot in the golf universe, and one of those spots is my bag..

Playing the Tour Vs in my irons now, I know that I am sacrificing what I need in my irons, and when given the choice I have little doubt which way I will look in terms of shafts I choose to game.

The 90's create Beags darts. I love that.

Hell I love them, the kick is just silly awesome fun.

They are fun, and for me, they just make my iron game that much better.

I love the confidence you have in them because you've seen time and again theyre so good for your needs. I wish more would give them a legit chance too, they're so so so good at that they set out to do.

I love the confidence you have in them because you've seen time and again theyre so good for your needs. I wish more would give them a legit chance too, they're so so so good at that they set out to do.
Interesting that the launch they give me give me more distance in my short irons, where it's the opposite for you. Shows how miserable my ball flight can be at times.

I have these in my CB3 & agree that the launch high, but I like that. JMan- funny you say that about "back of your stance" with the scoring irons. I made this move mid summer last year and was able to dial in the distances better.....

Now I'm wondering what this will do with a Bio Cell head......

Interesting that the launch they give me give me more distance in my short irons, where it's the opposite for you. Shows how miserable my ball flight can be at times.

Launch in my short irons has never been an issue, hell I could hit high balls with CT's 8-P, that is obviously in part to the steepness factor of my swing, which is depressing. But, we have to find what works best for us all, it's the blessing and the curse to this game, there's no one blanket answer. Boooooo.

Just picked up a lightly used set of Adams CB3's with the 90s in them, very interested in how they hold up against my Nippons 1150s that are in my Epons, little worried about them being too soft in Stiff.

They will be, even if your X's are soft stepped.

actually quite excited to give these a go in my new irons when they arrive. No real extensive time in with them, so it will be interesting to see what comes of it on the course.

actually quite excited to give these a go in my new irons when they arrive. No real extensive time in with them, so it will be interesting to see what comes of it on the course.

I think moving from graphite will be a very easy change Dean.

I think moving from graphite will be a very easy change Dean.

I think so too. I would bet with the TM combo I will get, these will fly higher than the s55/graphite combo. That was one thing I just seemed to miss with that set.

I suspect you will too.

It would be interesting to hear Ddecs thoughts on these now, compared to a while back when he hit his Tours and my Tour 90s back to back.

I think the honeymoon phase will be short, for me having played Graphite before lead to a very seamless transition

It would be interesting to hear Ddecs thoughts on these now, compared to a while back when he hit his Tours and my Tour 90s back to back.

and honestly I think that is the last time I had any real experience with these shafts. Me, you, and bullfrog hitting Tour, Tour 90, and PX graphite in the same clubhead on the range. I'm very eager now to get them in.

I've had my CB3s w/ Tour 90 Stiff for around 18 months... and still love them.

They do launch fairly high but with no ballooning, and I find it very easy to manipulate the height as you so desire. For example, knocking a stinger 4 iron under tree branches 20yds ahead or taking a club more and punching a shot through the wind is not a problem. I also find them super smooth paired with the CB3s.

As for flex, the stiff have worked really well for me. FWIW, my driver ss is around 100-102mph, I have a medium aggression transition and my 6 iron distance is a little over 170yds in the warmer months.

Hope they work out for you guys. :)

They do launch fairly high but with no ballooning, and I find it very easy to manipulate the height as you so desire. For example, knocking a stinger 4 iron under tree branches 20yds ahead or taking a club more and punching a shot through the wind is not a problem. I also find them super smooth paired with the CB3s.

As for flex, the stiff have worked really well for me. FWIW, my driver ss is around 100-102mph, I have a medium aggression transition and my 6 iron distance is a little over 170yds in the warmer months.

Sold! Sounds like my swing, these are my no. 1 ponder at the moment! Thanks.

Sold! Sounds like my swing, these are my no. 1 ponder at the moment! Thanks.

I went with a lightly used set of CB3s with the KBS 90 stiff in them and right now the jury is still out, i need to get somewhere soon and try and get some launch numbers on them compared to my Nippons

Having had these in play for a couple months now, I can say a few things.

First of all, in terms of feel, they deliver exactly what I like - and probably exactly what some would hate. Hitting them side-by-side with three other irons last night made the feel thoughts really stand out. They flex quite a bit and seem easy to load, and that's what I like in an iron shaft. Comparatively speaking, the 120g Tours feel like a piece of rebar and the Fuji MCI's feel about as good (maybe just a little firmer).

In terms of launch conditions, I won't say they deliver perfect numbers, because in reality - non-perfect swing = non-perfect numbers. However, I am seeing my spin bumped up enough that it's actually playable on the course, while my launch numbers aren't out of control. With the AP1's, they are actually a couple degrees lower launching than some others I've tried recently, which in my world is a good thing. Good swings get me the height I constantly seem to be looking for, but my normal so-so swings still provide a playable trajectory.

Back