Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering if I installed the shaft adapter on my white tie correctly.

Had the 2 in 1 cartridge from golfworks and put epoxy on both the shaft tip and inside the adapter. Rotated the adapter around while i pushed it on. Everything looks good. Put it on about 30 minutes ago so its just starting to cure. I just hope I didnt mess it up because I just watched some videos and almost everyone mixes the epoxy in a bowl prior to spreading onto the shaft and adapter.

Because I had the cartridge, I thought I could just shoot everything right onto the shaft and adapter. Hopefully i did it right. Last thing I want is to have to find my Alpha head in the rough during my round coming up on Friday.

You have to mix that stuff up really well for it to work.

Pondering if I installed the shaft adapter on my white tie correctly.

Had the 2 in 1 cartridge from golfworks and put epoxy on both the shaft tip and inside the adapter. Rotated the adapter around while i pushed it on. Everything looks good. Put it on about 30 minutes ago so its just starting to cure. I just hope I didnt mess it up because I just watched some videos and almost everyone mixes the epoxy in a bowl prior to spreading onto the shaft and adapter.

Because I had the cartridge, I thought I could just shoot everything right onto the shaft and adapter. Hopefully i did it right. Last thing I want is to have to find my Alpha head in the rough during my round coming up on Friday.

Even if you have the cartridge you need to mix the epoxy. I have the stuff from golf works that are in two separate tubes. You have to squeeze out what you need, mix and then put on the shaft and in this case adapter.

Well it's only been a half hour and I can't even get the adapter to budge off the shaft, so that has to be a good sign that I mixed it good enough.

Pull it now if you can.

Pull it now if you can.

Got it off with a pliers. Adapter is fine. Was able to sand down the shaft so we are good to go. Everything is clean and now I am mixing the epoxy.

Thanks for your quick, alpha-saving, reponse

No problem. Glad it worked out. I had a couple heads fly off due to poor mixing in the past.

Yeah, there was nothing on the packaging about premixing so I thought I was good to go. Just finished putting the adapter back on. crisis adverted

Yeah, there was nothing on the packaging about premixing so I thought I was good to go. Just finished putting the adapter back on. crisis adverted

When my adaptor arrives ill be doing the same. Great learning experience for me just reading :)

Finally getting my Mills Fleetwood refinished.

Pondering selling my Si2 and my Nead. Need to make a purchase that will enhance my practice (SC 100).

I'll have some thoughts tonight on aptly he Bertha and Bertha Alpha later. Safe to say, both these drivers are monsters.

I'll have some thoughts tonight on aptly he Bertha and Bertha Alpha later. Safe to say, both these drivers are monsters.

Looking forward to your thoughts dude.

Pondering selling my Si2 and my Nead. Need to make a purchase that will enhance my practice (SC 100).

I approve of this ponder. I will be reporting back when mine gets in, probably Saturday.

I approve of this ponder. I will be reporting back when mine gets in, probably Saturday.

Your post earlier triggered the thoughts (again). I have a bad habit of just hitting balls and while I focus in doing that I can really see the benefit of this. Especially within that 100 yard practice.

And the game where it tells you what yardage to hit is fun as well,

Looking forward to your Alpha thoughts in the Callaway thread. You killed that thing today including a few that airmailed my ball.

Also looking forward to your thoughts on both

I need a 2 iron hybrid I can hit, I'm tired of the flimsy shafts in them.

I'll try it, thanks.

I need a 2 iron hybrid I can hit, I'm tired of the flimsy shafts in them.

Easy fix. Next time I see you we can test some hybrid shafts.

Easy fix. Next time I see you we can test some hybrid shafts.

Thanks dude, I really want the high shot versatility. I can keep the 3 and 4 low enough to get out of trouble but I need a high option for the long shots, especially on courses with small greens.

I'm liking the feedback on the Adams, that thing seems like a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back