Rickie Fowler vs Anthony Kim - A Unique Parallel

Don't let Jman catch you saying OU and OSU are similar...

I went to OU, so I won't go that far either. They are at least in the same state. They both are around waving wheat. That's all I got.

Of Ricky came out and said that, I would respect the hell out of it.

What if its not true? Should he do so to appease people?

And I am posting this to the many that keep spelling it Ricky. His name is Rickie. :D

I think as long as Rickie stays helathy, his path will be a better than AK's. Rickie looked pretty decent so far this year and I think his in a transitional period getting coached by Butch Harmon.
I would love to see Anthony Kim make a come back. I'm biassed because I'm a Korean American like him and he does represent Koreans and golf.

What if its not true? Should he do so to appease people?

And I am posting this to the many that keep spelling it Ricky. His name is Rickie. :D

If he was dishonest about it, then I would not respect it. But in the end, he has to decide what to do with his career.

And I edited my post.

Multiple. Wrist, Elbow, Achilles. He had surgery 2 years ago on foot (achilles) and then last year was not able to play. When he returns he has major medical exemption coming to him.

I've read he gets 16 starts to make around $613,000. he is almost 30 years old. I am not sure if he can pull his game back without a recurring injury. I am pretty positive Rickie will be playing when he is 30.

Another parallel as the same was said about AK. Whether or not true is not what I am saying.

I think it's apparent with RickIE. I think he's into living life and having a good time and not letting his younger years get consumed by the game. I think he enjoys being a celebrity just as much as he enjoys golf at the moment. IMO he loves the fast cars, the image he gets from doing the Red Bull promos, the attention he gets from dressing the way he does with Puma. I honestly believe the dude just isn't ready sacrifice all that to be a consistent winner on tour. Just speculation and my opinion obviously, nothing factual about any of that.

I've read he gets 16 starts to make around $613,000. he is almost 30 years old. I am not sure if he can pull his game back without a recurring injury. I am pretty positive Rickie will be playing when he is 30.

As I said in the first post, I was not indicting him as a bust and being done at 30. I also think its a huge leap to assume that AK's career is over, but we all have short memories and forget just how good he was.

I think it's apparent with RickIE. I think he's into living life and having a good time and not letting his younger years get consumed by the game. I think he enjoys being a celebrity just as much as he enjoys golf at the moment. IMO he loves the fast cars, the image he gets from doing the Red Bull promos, the attention he gets from dressing the way he does with Puma. I honestly believe the dude just isn't ready sacrifice all that to be a consistent winner on tour. Just speculation and my opinion obviously, nothing factual about any of that.

That is a guess as much as anything else and you might be 100% right. However in my opinion, so are half the tour and many of them still have great success.

he's had multiple. The thumb surgery, achilies, elbow, wrist. Here is an article on him from last summer.

http://www.pga.com/news/pga-tour/anthony-kim-questions-about-form-linger-long-injuries-stay-unhealed

Multiple. Wrist, Elbow, Achilles. He had surgery 2 years ago on foot (achilles) and then last year was not able to play. When he returns he has major medical exemption coming to him.

Thanks...that is a lot of stuff going on & will be tough to come back from.

As for Rickie he has made over 11 mil with one career. Last year RF plays 22 PGA Tour events, has 5 top 10's & his best finish was 3rd and earned just over 1.8 mil not bad for a 25 year old kid. There is no doubt all these guys want to win and try to win every time they play but if they have a bad round or week it's not the end of the world, for instance today Bubba shoots 83 & Wd's back in the days of Arnie & Jack they probably could not afford to w/d. Some players will thrive & push harder to win when they have no worries about money/Status & some are ok with making 2 mil a year finishing in the top 10 few times. I do wonder which scenario RF will follow? He does have a lot going on outside of Golf, which does make me wonder about his dedication.

I don't know enough to say golf doesn't matter to either of these guys because it takes a ton of dedication to get to be a tour player. That is not a status you just stumble upon & use natural talent to achieve. It's been said you have to put in work to be a tour player.

I think they both are enjoying & in AK case, has enjoyed, life "outside the ropes". Just seems AK couldn't control it from stories you hear and read. Rickie very well may be running that hard, but it doesn't seem like we are hearing about it like we did with AK. Just seems Rickie has a better support team in place to make sure he doesn't make mistakes & keeps everything level.

Golf abilities I think AK was miles ahead of where Fowler is or has shown. AK tee'd it up and could dominate a course if he wanted to. I just don't see that killer instinct from Fowler. I know his long time coach and mentor just passed last year & I think that has hindered his golf more than he will admit. Signing up with Butch I think will get him going the right way.

I really hope for golf Rickie turns the corner & AK comes back to be his old self.

AK has been hurt for a period of time which is why people do not see him.

Exactly. But I think it speaks to why everyone (myself included) thinks AK and goes... who? Or at least a little.

As I said in the first post, I was not indicting him as a bust and being done at 30. I also think its a huge leap to assume that AK's career is over, but we all have short memories and forget just how good he was.

I was a huge fan of Anthony Kim so I wish him nothing but the best, but I cannot imagine coming back from all of those injuries that have to do with a golf swing. Age aside you must admit his chances cannot be great. I do believe Anthony will probably have more victories than Rickie when all said and done, but Rickie will have longevity on his side which makes him happy.

To people saying Rickie is just happy living life and making a pay check. I have seen some interviews and he is nothing but focused on getting better. I don't think he would have switched to Butch if he wasn't committed. I think Rickie getting away from the game is a good mental break for any tour pro. He may lay off the game a bit too much, but in in a few years he could be deadly out on tour.

If he was dishonest about it, then I would not respect it. But in the end, he has to decide what to do with his career.

And I edited my post.

This may be his career, just being popular and showing up ever so often. I think he wants to be elite but may not have it in him. He could continue on his current route and make one heck of a living

This may be his career, just being popular and showing up ever so often. I think he wants to be elite but may not have it in him. He could continue on his current route and make one heck of a living

Totally this. He isn't (read doesn't seem to be) obsessed with golf. Some of the guys are. And don't get me wrong. I consider him successful.

That is an interesting parallel start to their professional careers. The biggest thing that gets questioned about AK is his lack of drive and love for parties etc. I've never heard quite the same thing said about Rickie myself, has anyone else?

I know that I really hope AK can someday return to form, there was nothing cooler than watching him thrash Sergio Garcia in the Ryder Cup in 2008!!

And I edited my post.

What if he's decided already. He plays golf well. He enjoys his other hobbies and family too. He makes a good living. It's ok that everyone on tour doesn't want to be like Tiger Woods.

That is an interesting parallel start to their professional careers. The biggest thing that gets questioned about AK is his lack of drive and love for parties etc. I've never heard quite the same thing said about Rickie myself, has anyone else?

I know that I really hope AK can someday return to form, there was nothing cooler than watching him thrash Sergio Garcia in the Ryder Cup in 2008!!

This is true too. But is it because he drinks and supposedly Rickie doesn't? I think there might be some Red Bull party love under that Puma Monoline......

I tend to agree here. I think he wants to be elite. I dont buy the reasoning that golf is not his priority.

This is true too. But is it because he drinks and supposedly Rickie doesn't? I think there might be some Red Bull party love under that Puma Monoline......

I can assure you, Rickie likes to have a good time...:angel:

I know what you're saying, that's exactly right. But...you don't hear it talked about concerning Rickie like you do (did) with AK.

What if he's decided already. He plays golf well. He enjoys his other hobbies and family too. He makes a good living. It's ok that everyone on tour doesn't want to be like Tiger Woods.

That's fine. My issue would be if he was making excuses for why he isn't play as well as he could.

I know what you're saying, that's exactly right. But...you don't hear it talked about concerning Rickie like you do (did) with AK.

Totally my man. Totally. And I'm not sure that it's fair. Or it is to a point.

Totally my man. Totally. And I'm not sure that it's fair. Or it is to a point.
Most reputations good or bad are earned or deserved to a point surely. I don't think the rep AK has as a partier is completely made up. Hey, I ain't mad at him though, shoot, he was young and had mad cash. I'd make it rain too if I was in that same boat as a young man.....maybe anyway. Ha!!

I loved watching AK when he was on a roll back in 08, he really was fun to watch and had some mad game too. Rickie...I don't know, I just haven't quite seen that from him I guess.

Most reputations good or bad are earned or deserved to a point surely. I don't think the rep AK has as a partier is completely made up. Hey, I ain't mad at him though, shoot, he was young and had mad cash. I'd make it rain too if I was in that same boat as a young man.....maybe anyway. Ha!!

I loved watching AK when he was on a roll back in 08, he really was fun to watch and had some mad game too. Rickie...I don't know, I just haven't quite seen that from him I guess.

I think you bring up some excellent points. AK seemed on another level (Day, DJ, etc). I personally haven't got that feeling from Rickie yet. To me he's more of a lurker. Which is odd because you can see him from the moon.

That's fine. My issue would be if he was making excuses for why he isn't play as well as he could.

He's a golfer....there will always be excuses he will be able to use. Ha!

#BubbaHasSinusIssuesWD

I tend to agree here. I think he wants to be elite. I dont buy the reasoning that golf is not his priority.

That interaction we had with him and the swing changes are putting him in a great position. I think he may be like adam Scott in a way. Never lived up to that tiger swing hype. Won over the years and then boom, speaks softly and swings a big stick. Wins the masters and may be the favorite this year.

Back