Malaysia Airlines plane goes missing

I believe the plane went down. There are many easier ways to steal a plane than to take over a fully loaded 777 at 35,000 feet.

When the black box is eventually located, they will discover catastrophic in flight problems. The pilot turned to try to land in Langkawi, succumbed, and the plane flew erratically until it ran out of fuel in the Indian Ocean.

The pilot was not a radical. He was a supporter of the opposition party here and that's all. Yes he was Muslim - this is a Muslim country. He was an aviation junkie and taught simulator classes. He likely had hundreds of airports on his simulator, though the press highlighted only 5 in the Indian Ocean.

The co pilot would have been talking to ATC, not the pilot. He would have also been informal and chatty, having had hundreds of pass overs with this same ATC operator leaving Malaysian air space.

The stolen passports mean nothing. It's a big business in this part of the world, and the Iranians traveled on them because they could not get visas traveling as Iranians.

The plane did not fly over Thailand or Burma, so no northern track is an option.

It did not fly low to avoid radar. That was complete speculation.

It did not shadow another plane, at night at 500mph, to hide it's radar signature. Again, total speculation. Made for TV movie stuff.

Hopefully they will find something, but the average depth in the Indian Ocean is 13,000 feet. It's not going to pop right out on a satellite photo. It may in fact never be found.

The media loves conspiracy theories.

Occam's Razor tells us the more assumptions and speculation you must provide the farther from the truth you are.... The simplest answer is most often the correct one.

I'm already on record in saying I think Jack Bauer was on that plane somehow and he landed it safely somewhere. He just hasn't gotten to a phone yet.

And somehow Tony is involved.

The worst part for me is I knew 2 people on that flight, young couple on their way to a work assignment in China that would have changed their lives dramatically for the better.

All that's now gone. Their 2 year old daughter was back with her grandparents, and will never know her mom and dad.

The worst part for me is I knew 2 people on that flight, young couple on their way to a work assignment in China that would have changed their lives dramatically for the better.

All that's now gone. Their 2 year old daughter was back with her grandparents, and will never know her mom and dad.

that sucks...sorry

That's awful dude. Sorry to hear that.

And those are the real stories. Sorry to hear.

Too often jokes are made about these types of events, and stories like this bring many back to earth very quickly.

I'm sorry to hear of this witt. What an awful thing.

Too often jokes are made about these types of events, and stories like this bring many back to earth very quickly.

I'm sorry to hear of this witt. What an awful thing.

yep after reading his post, my first thought was "I hope i did not say anything in poor taste"

that just breaks my heart. Very sorry to hear it.

What about this company from Austin that supposedly had 20 people on this flight. I've heard that they are a technology company working on stuff that can make things disappear.

Has that been debunked yet?

That is aweful. Sorry for your loss.

yep after reading his post, my first thought was "I hope i did not say anything in poor taste"

i don't think anyone did or posted anything in poor taste or were making jokes about the situation. Without answers and facts people are trying to throw anything against the wall to see if it sticks. I've even heard one theory that it went straight up and burned up in space which just can't happen if you research.

Thanks for the sentiments. Everyone deals with events like this in their own way and the jokes don't offend me. I'm just having difficulty staying focused, and reading everything I can get me hands on to try to come to grips with this.

It is a little hard to stay on top of what's real and what's debunked.

For me there are too many intentional human acts (starting with at least the transponder and data system being turned off) and The plane stayed in the air far too long without any type of communications for this to be a mechanical problem. Sadly, I think it has to be a crew member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is awful. I am very sorry to hear that.

That is horrible and very sad. Such a tragedy.

It is a little hard to stay on top of what's real and what's debunked.

For me there are too many intentional human acts (starting with at least the transponder and data system being turned off) and The plane stayed in the air far too long without any type of communications for this to be a mechanical problem. Sadly, I think it has to be a crew member.

This is still speculation.

There could have easily been a fire or other failure that cased the transponder to be shut off. Nothing that the press has reported can be verified until the black box is recovered.

Too many so-called experts have made too many absolute claims about what happened for me to believe any of them.

Speculation turned fact and jading investigators and the public.

If I had to bet money, it was an explosive depressurization, they tried to regain control and then autopilot dropped them into the sea who knows where. Sucks for all linked to this tragedy.
Keeping my money on this theory. That plane could have flown for hours on its own ... is designed to fly for hours on its own. While I can imagine that many people are hoping that it's safe somewhere (even if it's being held by terrorists for some nefarious purpose) because then that means their loved ones are alive, it's not. That plane is at the bottom of the ocean, sadly.

Thanks for the sentiments. Everyone deals with events like this in their own way and the jokes don't offend me. I'm just having difficulty staying focused, and reading everything I can get me hands on to try to come to grips with this.

I feel for you mate. It would be difficult enough anyway without all the bull**** being spouted on the news every minute of plastered all over the internet!!! Hopefully answers come sooner rather than later, although I fear that may not be the case.

This is still speculation.

There could have easily been a fire or other failure that cased the transponder to be shut off. Nothing that the press has reported can be verified until the black box is recovered.

Too many so-called experts have made too many absolute claims about what happened for me to believe any of them.

Speculation turned fact and jading investigators and the public.

Has anybody read the article from the guy that said he was a pilot with multi-engine experience. His theory is of a possible electrical fire on the plane and the crew pulling busses to try and figure out which is bad to explain why the loss of the transponder and communications, the going up to 45,000 feet to cut the oxygen of a fire and the left turn is towards an airport that was close and would have been an easier landing attempt. Its a very good theory and maybe the best theory I have read thus far.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

I am quickly learning that the believe nothing you hear and half of what the media shows and tells you rings true here, my mind can come up with some of the most insane thoughts and conspiracies you can imagine with a little help. I do however look at coincidences closely and there are a couple here that seem a little too fishy. I hope human intervention wasn't at fault.

Witt, it's terrible to hear you knew some on the flight, I'm sure you see all this from a totally different perspective. Sorry for the loss of your friends man.

Has anybody read the article from the guy that said he was a pilot with multi-engine experience. His theory is of a possible electrical fire on the plane and the crew pulling busses to try and figure out which is bad to explain why the loss of the transponder and communications, the going up to 45,000 feet to cut the oxygen of a fire and the left turn is towards an airport that was close and would have been an easier landing attempt. Its a very good theory and maybe the best theory I have read thus far.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

Interesting but I just don't buy it. This wasn't some piece of crap 30 year old 727 or dc9 flying over the Everglades. This was a virtually new highly state of the art airplane. I highly doubt it could get completely out of control but I could be wrong. Why didn't they just move forward on the route and land in Vietnam if problems. As for all this talk about how hard it would be to fly this thing, google PMDG 777 and for 90 bucks that's as real as it can get. For another 300 bucks you can obtain 3700 pages of manuals to figure out the systems.

Terrible news about the couple. I hope we get news soon to put all this speculation to rest.

As for all this talk about how hard it would be to fly this thing, google PMDG 777 and for 90 bucks that's as real as it can get.

Ooooooh dear.

It's a 15 year old aircraft.

The Langkawi airport with it's 13,000 foot runway was closer than VietNam.

There have been cockpit fires in the 777 in the past, as well a wheel well fire where a hot nose wheel caught fire at takeoff.

Though it's clearly a modern aircraft, it's still a machine and all machines can fail.

The alternatives all require either hijackers taking over the plane and subduing all 227 passengers, or the pilots going rogue. Both are extremely unlikely.

Back