#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Nice round Curt. Yeah it definitely plays a little shorter in the heat like that, I imagine we'll see a similar effect in Orlando. Practice rounds/range will be key to figuring out those new Florida carry distances.

The ball flies further and rolls like its angry, which changes the game completely. I didn't realise just how tough our winter golf is until I came here.
I foresee some valuable range time in Orlando, for sure! I think the biggest thing to figure out is the wedge game and how the ball reacts with the ground at each flight.

The ball flies further and rolls like its angry, which changes the game completely. I didn't realise just how tough our winter golf is until I came here.
I foresee some valuable range time in Orlando, for sure! I think the biggest thing to figure out is the wedge game and how the ball reacts with the ground at each flight.

Course management will be the key. Learning to play to the 150 yard marker. You will get virtually no roll.

I've been busting my chops all week to get stuff done around the house in hopes of walking 9 Sunday afternoon. I still have 3 more days of work to do but I should get it done and as long as I can still swing a club I'm going to focus on some wedge play and solid iron contact per the latest David Ledbetter video.

The course lends itself to mid irons and some long irons on the par 3's so if I can I will try to hit multiple shots. I also hope to dial in the new 5w I picked up from Blu. I would really like for this to produce 210-215 yards and be easy to hit. Otherwise I might be searching for a 3 hybrid.
I'm glad you're busting your own chops so I don't have to. This why you guys will fall short. We are all busting arse on our games and you're just giving yourself the business. Do you stand in front of a mirror and just trade verbal jobs with yourself :blob:

Reason? Are there false fronts? Pinched with bunkers in front? Can you elaborate. Thanks by the way for the knowledge shared already. Much appreciated!
Deep bunkers my friend. Trust your yardage on the international. Quite often if you see a front pin, play away from it.
Loving the shared course knowledge in here! Thanks Freddie!
I have never been more confident with my 5 and 6 irons, and my ball striking is inching closer and closer to 'solid'.

Today I shot a 42/38 80 on a 6640 yard course. I used 4 wood on almost every par 4 in order to get more mid and long iron practice in and I think it worked out well. Granted 6600 here is like playing 6200 at home it seems.
6640 on the international is worth 3 a side more. It's a tough course! You guys really need to spend time on the putting green. The green have very subtle breaks. They are I such good shape that the grain typical of central Florida course won't be to be a factor but reading the green with good speed is key to make putts on these two courses

Roll... Hahahaha

Wrong state for that. Don't expect the ball to fly far either because while we may have warmer temperatures, the air is also thicker.

Roll... Hahahaha

Wrong state for that. Don't expect the ball to fly far either because while we may have warmer temperatures, the air is also thicker.
the only roll we get in FL is backwards :laughing:

Course management will be the key. Learning to play to the 150 yard marker. You will get virtually no roll.

Just like at home then I guess, so that's good.

It does sound like an interesting challenge though with soft fairways and firm, protected greens. Should lead to some awesome matches!

I'm glad you're busting your own chops so I don't have to. This why you guys will fall short. We are all busting arse on our games and you're just giving yourself the business. Do you stand in front of a mirror and just trade verbal jobs with yourself :blob:

Ha. You and Dev go to the same school of comedy? You keep working on your jokes, my game will be ready for #TheKing!

:)

Next lesson in my series tonight. I'll be ready for you team Harry.

Roll... Hahahaha

I see what you are doing, giving false info.

If you hit moon balls you'll get no roll. Of you hit mid or planed out trajectory you will get roll.

Spent my lunch at the golf dome hitting nothing but wedges and finesse swings. Dialing in distances with different clubs / ball flights, etc. also spent time on the carpeted putting area. Tomorrow is my next lesson as well. This is getting so close. Getting pumped.

Picking up my X2 Hot fairways from the post office today! They tried to deliver at 1pm today which obviously didn't work, but it's all good, I was headed for the range anyways. Gonna get a nice big bucket and bang away to try and dial them in and figure out what my distances with them will be!

Spent my lunch at the golf dome hitting nothing but wedges and finesse swings. Dialing in distances with different clubs / ball flights, etc. also spent time on the carpeted putting area. Tomorrow is my next lesson as well. This is getting so close. Getting pumped.

Very cool, you've been waiting on those for a while now. Glad they came in. Get those long distances dialed in.

Very cool, you've been waiting on those for a while now. Glad they came in. Get those long distances dialed in.

Yeah, I bought em Friday and it took 4 business days for them to get here from Vancouver, WA - i.e., only like 200 miles away. The joys of USPS :banghead: Oh well, that's for the Rant thread haha. I'm stoked to hit em though, and see whether I can replicate the same distance gains and better mishits that I saw when I tested em out on the sim.

Yeah, I bought em Friday and it took 4 business days for them to get here from Vancouver, WA - i.e., only like 200 miles away. The joys of USPS :banghead: Oh well, that's for the Rant thread haha. I'm stoked to hit em though, and see whether I can replicate the same distance gains and better mishits that I saw when I tested em out on the sim.

Looking forward to your thoughts on them I am really enjoying my X2Hot 3 - Wood! Very solid wood to say the least.

Today the weather was beautiful and I got out for my first lesson with my new swing coach. Really good lesson today and I have some home work to do. I will document more in my lesson thread but I really am impressed with this guy. I see some huge progress coming with my golf swing and 2014 is gonna shine. :bomb:

Spent some time hitting hybrid, 5i, 6i, & 7i tonight. Really like the results I'm seeing with the new shafts in the irons. Par 3 ' s and long approaches watch out!

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Damn, no x2h's for me today. Driver wasn't back to the post office in time :angry: Oh well, more short game practice today then!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

He is a tip for everyone but buck. Work on your mid irons. I do believe you will hit your share across three rounds of golf.

what am i supposed to work on?

i know i'm scheduling my putting lesson with my SPI instructor i used when i did the seemore testing very soon he said his course is opening soon.

what am i supposed to work on?

i know i'm scheduling my putting lesson with my SPI instructor i used when i did the seemore testing very soon he said his course is opening soon.

Posting?

I kid. You won't have to hit too many long irons here unless they are off the tee. The course sets up well for your tee game.

Posting?

I kid. You won't have to hit too many long irons here unless they are off the tee. The course sets up well for your tee game.

i've been posting more.... hockey is slowing down and the weather looks like it is finally breaking, its almost golf season..... i'm super excited to play the course i've heard amazing things even without all of the awesome things added into this event i think i'd just enjoy playing there with THPers alone.

Posting?

I'm so glad Buck is on team Harry! His driver makes a sound and sends a shot mine does not! #asset

i've been posting more.... hockey is slowing down and the weather looks like it is finally breaking, its almost golf season..... i'm super excited to play the course i've heard amazing things even without all of the awesome things added into this event i think i'd just enjoy playing there with THPers alone.

I'm just giving you grief. You were missed. How many other guys can I play golf with and they use a metal detector for a putter. Then play what they call basketball. Then the next day watch them top two straight shots only to hit a hybrid 250 and drain the putt. We call that buckjobbing now...

I see what you are doing, giving false info.

If you hit moon balls you'll get no roll. Of you hit mid or planed out trajectory you will get roll.

I don't recall getting much roll with my trajectory on either course. I suppose if you give it the Texas launch angle, you'll get roll?

I'm just giving you grief. You were missed. How many other guys can I play golf with and they use a metal detector for a putter. Then play what they call basketball. Then the next day watch them top two straight shots only to hit a hybrid 250 and drain the putt. We call that buckjobbing now...

i know buddy just cause my skins full of ink doesn't mean its soft..... looking forward to playing again especially with some THPers and some amazing friends!

I don't recall getting much roll with my trajectory on either course. I suppose if you give it the Texas launch angle, you'll get roll?
Is that what I can call my launch angle now?

Back