Lamkin I-Line Grips - Lamkin & Iomic Come Together

I put one of these on a driver shaft, then gamed it for the first time today. I really like it. The grip's attributes are a lot easier to understand when it is on a shaft. Anyway, the grip is tacky and soft but not too soft. My sample size is small but I may prefer these over the REL 3 GENs I have on my other clubs.

Anybody tried these in wet conditions yet? Just wondering because I love the way they feel but am afraid ill get the same result as my Tour wraps. They are almost impossible to hold onto when its raining. I dont play in pouring conditions but even some light rain just makes them awful. Need something a bit more versatile. Hoping these will be ok

I put one of these on a driver shaft, then gamed it for the first time today. I really like it. The grip's attributes are a lot easier to understand when it is on a shaft. Anyway, the grip is tacky and soft but not too soft. My sample size is small but I may prefer these over the REL 3 GENs I have on my other clubs.

It's funny you say that, because I was comparing the I-Line to the REL 3 GENS I have on some of my other clubs. I remember thinking "the I-Lines seem to have a lot more tack." The REL 3 GENs for me are still the most comfortable grip I've ever held, but the tack of the I-lines.....serious pondering, and I still have a UTx to try out.

~Rock

I agree on that you don't really understand until on a club. Was a little hesitant just feeling them without being on a club. Once I got them installed I am in love. Played 27 holes so far. Haven't hit irons this well in a long time. Honestly feel like they have totally rejuvenated my older irons. And once you go non-black you will not want to go back. Haven't had the chance to try them in rain yet. I will update if I catch that misfortune.

I put some I-line grips on my 52* wedge, driver and 3 wood. Before you get them on a club, you wonder what all the fuss is about with these grips. Once on a club though, you will understand.

These grips are tacky. Despite a heavier surface pattern, they are not a rough texture grip. These grips replaced tour velvets and a Taylor made stock 3 wood grip. These are a step up to say the least. More tack and softer feel in the hands.

I never felt any slippage, but the grips are brand new. Previously in this thread, I was concerned over a slick spot in the grips. Whatever it was, it went away. Maybe my hands were cleaner, or maybe it was because I had a glove on my hand, but I didn't detect any slick spots yesterday.

In short, these performed. I'm always concerned about the longevity of a grip that relies on tack. Of course, that's easily fixed with grip cleaning. I wonder if rubbing a clean towel refreshes the tack like the ace rel 3gen? So I'll be paying attention to how long it takes to lose its tackiness.

~Rock

Getting the yellow put on my altitudes (4-PW)

Excited to try these out

I wonder if there is a difference in this years models and last years. I have this years orange version with the block Lamkin on all my irons and they are great, no issues. I just recently found some navy blue models from last year with the script Lamkin on them and put them on my woods. I noticed the other day that the older version grip on my driver already had a really bad worn out spot where my left thumb rests and I had only played nine holes and had about 4 practice sessions with that grip on it. I'm probably going to have to replace it after just having it on there for 3 weeks.

I like the grips. The feel is interesting.

Looking forward to gaming them for a bit!

I got another chance to game an I-Line grip from Lamkin on a re-shafted J40 wedge I did. These are just SOLID grips with a GREAT FEEL. I really enjoy the tack on these.

JM

Mine have gotten really dirty after two rounds, still a solid grip.

I put black ones on my irons and love them. Great traction, feel and durability this far. And yeah, they definitely feel like Iomics.

Taps away

Mine have gotten really dirty after two rounds, still a solid grip.

I always keep a towel that is damp on one end. These are very easy to freshen up with a towel. It's almost like the tack picks up whatever is blowing around in your bag while walking or driving to the next shot. One quick swipe with the towel and its like they just came out of the package though.

JM

Very solid grip. As much as I love Golf Pride's New Decade Multicompound grip, this is a great go-between for those who want tacky AND soft. The color choices are great too. Much better choice of grip than Lamkin's regular Crossline grip. The ridges seem to fit the hand in a much better way.

I have the 2013 version of these on my grips and they are my favorite grip of all time. Noogman is right, they are a great mixture of tacky and soft. They get dirty easily as I have the lime green ones but nothing a gripe cant fix.

How are these on the hands? I currently play Lamkin REL 3 Gen and they tear up my hands, my thumbs get torn up. Not sure what does/causes that.

How are these on the hands? I currently play Lamkin REL 3 Gen and they tear up my hands, my thumbs get torn up. Not sure what does/causes that.

They are good mixture between firm/soft. I haven't had any issues with my hands. If your hands are getting torn up maybe you need to loosen your grip a bit?

prob one of the softer grips i've ever used i absolutely love them and have had no issues with these causing any issues with my hands.

They are good mixture between firm/soft. I haven't had any issues with my hands. If your hands are getting torn up maybe you need to loosen your grip a bit?

I've tried it, doesn't seem to help. I just have weak skin apparently. Funny you'd think after turning wrenches as a ag technician dealing with all sorts of nasty chemicals a grip wouldn't be the thing to tear up my hands.

I've tried it, doesn't seem to help. I just have weak skin apparently. Funny you'd think after turning wrenches as a ag technician dealing with all sorts of nasty chemicals a grip wouldn't be the thing to tear up my hands.

Haha yeah. They are definitely a soft grip. I absolutely love them. Can't see me liking anything more.

I adore the I-line. They are on my wedges and I need to make them glow through the entire bag.

Same old song and dance! Do it already!

After reading through this thread twice in the last week, I found a couple orange I-Lines on the bay for $14.00 shipped to my door.

Going to throw them on my 54 and 58 wedges and see how they play. Will be my first foray with anything Iomic, but I am liking the Utx I put on my Adams clubs so figured I would give these lovely orange grips a play.

Last edited:
I like these grips and I think I'll outfit the whole set with the black ones one day.

For those playing these grips how are they holding up and how is the feel? I mean can you tell if you hit one poorly or does the grip hide that feeling

Back