TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Review Thread

my miss historically is the opposite. It's why I didn't get along with the Classic driver 2 years ago. Miss high and low were good, heel/toe were bad. I still really have no more than 3 swings in with this thing so my opinion on performance really isn't there.

You may want to take a few swings with the JetSpeed and see if you get any more forgiveness out of it.

Has anyone tried this driver yet with a b.asha in it?

Yes with the 5S. Feels better, but obviously did not help with the heel to toe forgiveness issue that I struggled with.

You may want to take a few swings with the JetSpeed and see if you get any more forgiveness out of it.

Yes with the 5S. Feels better, but obviously did not help with the heel to toe forgiveness issue that I struggled with.

JetSpeed will certainly be swung.

JetSpeed will certainly be swung.

I was a very nice club when i hit it not the press of the SLDR kind of a sleeper does not seem to require as much lofting up

I need to find an adapter to bring the .335 up to the .350 that the SLDR requires. Did you make that change yourself?

It was not on the fitting cart when i got fit

Maybe because without an adapter it will not fit traditionally. I wish they paired up perfectly so I didn't have to worry about making them match up with one another

Quite. What I do find kinda funny is this is pretty much directed right at the people who walk in and buy it without hitting it. I can't ever imagine buying a driver I never once swung on a monitor to see if it was indeed longer than my current driver.

This is how I bought mine. I buy all my equipment without using it first. I feel I can get a pretty good read based on various reviews. I have never been fitted or used a monitor, I like to keep it as simple as possible.

This is how I bought mine. I buy all my equipment without using it first. I feel I can get a pretty good read based on various reviews. I have never been fitted or used a monitor, I like to keep it as simple as possible.

That is also quite ballsy

I'm pretty certain that if this is the driver that will be in my MC bag, I will be making a return trip to TMPL to get it dialed in. There seems to be way too many horror stories about it.

I think this is one of those drivers where it's such a low spin head, you have to get paired with the right shaft to make it work well. The stock shaft doesn't seem to get along well with many from what I've seen. JB's red tie/SLDR combo felt noticeably better than other pairings I've hit.

That is also quite ballsy

Well it's not because I am too smug to get fit or anything. I live in a real rural area, and then when I do get a chance to demo things they rarely have good lefty options. So I spend time reading as many reviews as possible, then pull the trigger.

I have a the SLDR TP driver sitting in my bag, been there for two weeks, still have yet to hit it even once. I really want spring to come so I can let it fly.

I need to find an adapter to bring the .335 up to the .350 that the SLDR requires. Did you make that change yourself?

Maybe because without an adapter it will not fit traditionally. I wish they paired up perfectly so I didn't have to worry about making them match up with one another

Not sure I understand your point here.

You can buy .335 or .350 SLDR adaptors, which reflect the internal diameter of the sleeves. Both the .335 and .350 adaptors fit the SLDR head as the external diameter is identical.

Just buy the adaptor that matches the tip of the shaft you intend to install; no need to shim!

Not sure I understand your point here.

You can buy .335 or .350 SLDR adaptors, which reflect the internal diameter of the sleeves. Both the .335 and .350 adaptors fit the SLDR head as the external diameter is identical.

Just buy the adaptor that matches the tip of the shaft you intend to install; no need to shim!
Ok I am aware that the outside doesnt change. I have seen a few adapters that said they would work but wasn't sure how much faith I put in their authenticity

I'm sorry I completely didn't realize after looking into the TP version that the adaptor is actually .335. I would have never guessed that the TP was different from the original

I swung the 12* with the RedTie last Friday and for the first time, I crushed it. It was keeping up with the top offering on the market. Very impressive

I think this is one of those drivers where it's such a low spin head, you have to get paired with the right shaft to make it work well. The stock shaft doesn't seem to get along well with many from what I've seen. JB's red tie/SLDR combo felt noticeably better than other pairings I've hit.

Fwiw I think far too many are worried about the shaft. It's not going to make a club head more forgiving. It might alter ball flight up and down and certainly can adjust feel, but too many times we have seen people want to love a head and go out and spend hundreds finding the "right" shaft only to follow the shampoo method of lather rinse repeat shortly thereafter.

Fwiw I think far too many are worried about the shaft. It's not going to make a club head more forgiving. It might alter ball flight up and down and certainly can adjust feel, but too many times we have seen people want to love a head and go out and spend hundreds finding the "right" shaft only to follow the shampoo method of lather rinse repeat shortly thereafter.

That can be a dangerous cycle i did that with the R11s could never find the right shaft

I can only go from my experience, but it's night and day with the shaft I was fit into.

I know it won't make the head more forgiving, but it might get spin up on some of those mishits that really seem to knuckle and go nowhere?

I know it won't make the head more forgiving, but it might get spin up on some of those mishits that really seem to knuckle and go nowhere?

I think people going this route should look strongly at the standard shaft since that is what it's designed to do.

I think people going this route should look strongly at the standard shaft since that is what it's designed to do.

Then that shaft and I just aren't friends haha. Yours with the red tie felt really good and mishits didn't crash and burn like they did when I hit War Eagle's and embraced the 210yd wounded duck.

Then that shaft and I just aren't friends haha. Yours with the red tie felt really good and mishits didn't crash and burn like they did when I hit War Eagle's and embraced the 210yd wounded duck.

I agree that the Red tie felt good with this head, I also like the JB's was playing at 44.5. I know sometimes shaft length is overblown a bit, but I felt more comfortable playing it a bit shorter.

I agree that the Red tie felt good with this head, I also like the JB's was playing at 44.5. I know sometimes shaft length is overblown a bit, but I felt more comfortable playing it a bit shorter.

I think shaft length is the important aspect of the club, for me anyway. I am rather particular about the length of my clubs.

Just arrived the 14 degree.

6a6a4egu.jpg

ryvumape.jpg

muteqega.jpg

Looks good...I joked with nutthalls I needed a 20* driver
..they are getting close

Back