KBS C-Taper Lite Iron Shaft - Review Thread

Cyber Monday got me... Ordered up a set of these! Pumped-up indeed!!!

Has anyone used these in a Speedblade head? And what are your thoughts compared to their stock 85g shaft.

Has anyone used these in a Speedblade head? And what are your thoughts compared to their stock 85g shaft.

Jman has, and IIRC he loved the combo. He should be here soon to give you the run down.

I have played these in the speed blades and for me they were a phenomenal combination.

I saw a high penetrating ball that did not balloon. I have not yet hit these with the stock shaft though to give you a comparison there.

I have played these in the speed blades and for me they were a phenomenal combination.

I saw a high penetrating ball that did not balloon. I have not yet hit these with the stock shaft though to give you a comparison there.

Cookie have you tried the C-taper lights in the Altitudes, if so how did they do compared to the stock shafts?

I thought you or Jman had these shafts in the Altitudes.

KBS C-Taper Lite Iron Shaft - Review Thread

Cookie have you tried the C-taper lights in the Altitudes, if so how did they do compared to the stock shafts?

I never have but that could be really really good & fun.

On course.now but I'll be back in here later, I played them in both alts and speedblades

Here are my KBS Fit System Results for my current clubs. Distance: 175-184 yards Speed: 101 - 110 mph Trajectory: Mid Trajectory Swing: Vertical Tempo: Moderate Tempo Weight: Light Weight Hybrid Flight: Mid Flight Wedge Spin: NO

Iron Shaft Recommendation
KBS C-Taper Lite - S

[MORE INFO] IRON SHAFT/ STIFF

Definitely leaning towards these in a set of Speedblades. I hit a 4 iron today with their stock shaft and I could hit it good if I had a smooth tempo. If I tried to step on it my hands seemed to race ahead of the shaft to much. As Mark said, I would hit high on the grooves and the results were klankers. A smooth tempo resulted in some nice flights that were carrying the 200 yard marker. I am hoping with the CTL's I will be able to put a harder swing if I have to.

Last edited:
Received my shafts today. I'm going to put them in my current clubs and see how I like them. I'm still considering the Speedblades. I have a 4 iron Speedblade, and will put one in that and see if it is better than the stock shaft for me.

Received my shafts today. I'm going to put them in my current clubs and see how I like them. I'm still considering the Speedblades. I have a 4 iron Speedblade, and will put one in that and see if it is better than the stock shaft for me.

The CTL + SpeedBlades is a fantastic pairing IMO. I would game those in a heartbeat.

Very nice! Looking forward to your thoughts!

I would love to try these someday. Was on the KBS site yesterday reading up on the characteristics of their different models and the profile of these definitely looked like they would fit my game above the other models. The THP reviews sound fantastic as well.

I would love to try these someday. Was on the KBS site yesterday reading up on the characteristics of their different models and the profile of these definitely looked like they would fit my game above the other models. The THP reviews sound fantastic as well.

They're really solid IMO, but knowing they fit me plays a large role in my bias for sure.

Truly, this is a fantastic iron shaft. I've gamed a few different shafts over the past year and these are by far the best, with the PXi coming in second. I really do like the the bend profile of the shaft. It's so smooth and I've seen some moderate distance increases.

Truly, this is a fantastic iron shaft. I've gamed a few different shafts over the past year and these are by far the best, with the PXi coming in second. I really do like the the bend profile of the shaft. It's so smooth and I've seen some moderate distance increases.

Its funny how we all feel things differently, to me, having played them almost exclusively the last 3 years there isn't anything about the CT's or CTL's that is all that smooth, they are incredibly stable iron shafts, but to me smooth is more like a KBS Tour. Its interesting.

Its funny how we all feel things differently, to me, having played them almost exclusively the last 3 years there isn't anything about the CT's or CTL's that is all that smooth, they are incredibly stable iron shafts, but to me smooth is more like a KBS Tour. Its interesting.

It is pretty amazing, and neat at the same time.

Not sure why, or what I would put them in...or why but I've been thinking about these shafts for the last 2 days dang It

Not sure why, or what I would put them in...or why but I've been thinking about these shafts for the last 2 days dang It

If I were to change from my Tour 90s, these would be #1 on my list.

Because they are sexy and awesome...and sexy again after being awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone installed/used one of these in a 3 hybrid? Think I want to experiment but curious as to positives/negatives if anyone else has tried it.

Has anyone installed/used one of these in a 3 hybrid? Think I want to experiment but curious as to positives/negatives if anyone else has tried it.

Just do it!!!! I had one in my MP-H4

Just do it!!!! I had one in my MP-H4

Wish I had shafts just lying around. Looking like $42 shipped on eBay. Just have to use a shim like I did with the Altitudes.

Wish I had shafts just lying around. Looking like $42 shipped on eBay. Just have to use a shim like I did with the Altitudes.

You got me curious now--I have the one CTL still in my 3 hyron, so I measured it and its the exact length of the Adams club we got. I may just throw the CTL in the Adams, because the current shaft is just not quite working for me.

You got me curious now--I have the one CTL still in my 3 hyron, so I measured it and its the exact length of the Adams club we got. I may just throw the CTL in the Adams, because the current shaft is just not quite working for me.

Could be really good. The head of that Adams pro hybo is hot!

Could be really good. The head of that Adams pro hybo is hot!

Done :) Will be testing tomorrow. Also I found out that I had to cut it 1 inch with the steel shaft to get d2 swing weight. So it will play at 39 vs the 40 inch of the original.

Back