Golf Etiquette - part 2 - Radios on the course

If I am by myself I will usually blare it!!!!!

Of the group I typically play with we have both sides of the fence. Either is ok with me and I find I am usually more relaxed

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I click the thumbs down button!!! In all seriousness, I'm still learning Pandora and figuring out key songs to plug in to get the type of music I'm wanting. I may need a Pandora101 Do's and Don't class.

I've used it for a while now. I've been a pandora one subscriber for a while as well. I love it. I've started all my recent stations from the artist and it works great. Takes some tweaking with ups and downs. But doesn't take too long to dial it in. Do we already have a pandora thread? Can't you share stations?

One of my usual playing partners uses his phone to listen to music every time we play and it doesn't bother me, he keeps the volume low and leaves it in the cart.

We got paired with a random a few weeks ago who also used his phone but had the volume all the way up and it sounded horrible. He was also bringing it with him to the greens and I did find that slightly distracting, I tried to block it out but I would prefer he leave it in the cart. Also he was playing country which is my least favorite kind of music, that probably didn't help.

peru4u4y.jpg

Just don't play any of that rap crap and i'm fine. When I play as a single I usually have my iPhone playing some tunes. I have noticed Five Finger Death Punch playing sometimes makes my swing a little quick.

LOL...

BTW, after you switched to the station based on No Sleep Til Brooklyn, we were golden with the tunes.

Just don't play any of that rap crap and i'm fine. When I play as a single I usually have my iPhone playing some tunes. I have noticed Five Finger Death Punch playing sometimes makes my swing a little quick.

Don't ever play with P4B then, hahahaha

That's a neat little perk from the Adams event. How's it hold up?

I never used it on Saturday but tested it out earlier this week. It's going in the golf bag! I would say it at least doubled the volume, maybe a little more. Great to have in a pinch.

Puttin4Bird is a THP member (legend) who has been known to rock out to 90's hip hop on occasion.

Gotcha. That's the line for me. I hate all forms of rap. Play anything you want, as loud as you want on the course. Just no rap!

IMHO .... Radios have no place on the golf course. I have some guys come out and have a boom box in the back of the cart or an IPOD with a portable speaker in the front of the cart. Now for the most part, the sound is not too high to where you can hear it throughout the course ... but we can definitely hear it in OUR group.
What do you guys think?? Should this be banned? A sign put up at the clubhouse just like the "NO COOLERS" sign?? I, myself, find it very annoying! :angry:
Even a good friend of mine brought it out to a tournament we played in last year. I couldn't believe it! I told him that if he ever did that again I was never playing with them again in a tournament. I take all my golf seriously and find that to be uncalled for on the course.

Thoughts??

I am with you. In my opinion it is rude and inconsiderate to play music out loud on the course. If you want to listen to music, use ear buds or headphones. Even at low volume the sound can carry significant distances, and I don't come to the golf course to listen to somebody's idea of good music.

Leave it at home.

I am with you. In my opinion it is rude and inconsiderate to play music out loud on the course. If you want to listen to music, use ear buds or headphones. Even at low volume the sound can carry significant distances, and I don't come to the golf course to listen to somebody's idea of good music.

Leave it at home.

I was reading through this thread, and I re-read a post saying that playing music out loud doesn't make one evil incarnate, any more than not wanting it makes one "Scrooge McDuck" IIRC :) This is definitely true, and I wanted to add to my post.

I stand by my earlier reply, but that said I'm very laid back, adn I'm rarely actually bothered by it when I hear folks playing music...I just prefer that it not be there, and I feel that it's inconsiderate for others to assume that I want my golf round punctuated by some music. I mean, would it be rude of me to walk up to that person playing music and turn it off, and walk away? I think it would. That's me forcing them to abide by my idea of what's proper, without their consent. If that is the case, then how is the reverse not true for them playing the music in the first place?

Anyway, interesting topic either way.

I for one like listening to music on the course during casual rounds. If someone in my group doesn't like it then I refrain from doing it. But for me it helps me get into a zone. Playing Thunderstruck and blasting a ball down the middle of the fairway...

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

They always seemed to annoy me when on the course and I could hear someone else's. when we played at RTJ, it was the first time I had ever played in a group where the music came from us. I kinda liked it. For casual rounds, I think I could get used to it for sure. Gotta be classic rock though for me.

JM

Just looking over this thread again and I love the debate and the passion that you guys have. I also LOVE jamming to some tunes on the course, you should see my course on Wednesday nights after our Men's League rounds are over, we have guys with sound systems on their carts bumping tunes, everyone has a speaker and it's a hell of a good time. We also get groups of about 12 to 16 playing some 4 man scramble skins games, it's an absoulte blast! Reading this thread and getting this close to the start of league play has me super excited for the season to start! Bump those tunes baby!

My Personal Opinion is I don't distract you by hitting golf balls at your concert so don't play music I can hear while I am playing golf,(that's why they make headphones) just as bad as having some ones cell phone ringer turned on while on the course.

Definitely seeing this trend at my home course. I don't mind at all and I have even found myself doing it lately. Just keep the volume reasonable and no worries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm cool with it. Just keep the sound at a reasonable level. If we're on the teebox, we can hear it, that's ok. Two fairways over, not so much. And I'm all for the hip hop. (And rock, pop, country, jazz, reggae, classical even...)

We got paired with a random a few weeks ago who also used his phone but had the volume all the way up and it sounded horrible. He was also bringing it with him to the greens and I did find that slightly distracting, I tried to block it out but I would prefer he leave it in the cart. Also he was playing country which is my least favorite kind of music, that probably didn't help.
My thought would have been, "at least it is country!" Haha

My question is if it were a random pairing, like were you on the tee and he asked to join, or was he on the tee and you asked to join, or did you both book at that time and and you got paired on the actual tee sheet. If it were 1 or 3 I would have asked him to turn it down and to leave it in his cart. If it were open ahead or behind I would have broke up that threesome.

If it were #2 I guess I would have suffered through, since we were joining him. Maybe! Every situation is different.

As I was making my way around a very busy course on Friday and listening to some music I was reminded why I liked it so much. Really an enjoyable round for a number of reasons. Crazy thing happened too - as I encountered others that were nearby and taking their shots I turned it down. #itsnotrocketscience

most of the time I don't mind it, but I do find it incredibly arrogant when the guy with the music just shows up with it blaring and never asks if his group wants to listen. Each and every time I've had music in my group, that has been the case.

edit: people I know and I'm friends with, it's not so bad. I'd feel comfortable asking them to turn it down if it bothered me. Strangers, on the other hand... I either have to confront someone I just met and risk ruining the round or I have to deal with it. Not a good position to put someone in, IMO

This doesn't bother me. I don't know how it would go over at my home course, but I wouldn't mind.

Played music yesterday, old school rap. Very nice and entertaining

Back