The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense if you are a car dealer, but I would rather smash my hand with a hammer than deal with most of these guys.

Need 2 signatures to finish out a deal. Neither person seems interested in taking 5 seconds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No offense if you are a car dealer, but I would rather smash my hand with a hammer than deal with most of these guys.

And insurance salesmen.

Oh wait . . .

My rant is being on call. It is part of the job but man 5 o'clock comes I am 5 minutes from home and I get a call that a system went down 2 hours away. It wouldn't have been bad if I wasn't so close to home when I got the call. I could feel my couch and a nice home cooked meal. Now I guess it will be an eating out sort of night.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

****ing taxes. Got blindsided by owing when we were expecting a healthy refund. The AMT ****ed us hardcore.

Anyone currently have, or at one point had, a 13 year old daughter?

If so, then you know that I don't need to write anything out here.

I hate to be in this thread but I am so damned tired of this weather! Cold, rain, Cold, rain! I've effing had it with Cold and rain!

I hate to be in this thread but I am so damned tired of this weather! Cold, rain, Cold, rain! I've effing had it with Cold and rain!

I know what you mean, buddy. I thought we were out of this crap in Georgia, but I guess we're going to get one more week of cold weather. Ugh! So tired of it.

Anyone currently have, or at one point had, a 13 year old daughter?

If so, then you know that I don't need to write anything out here.

Mine turns 12 in 2 months and just had her first date to a school dance last weekend. Just the thought of her and boys makes me want to start drinking again

I know what you mean, buddy. I thought we were out of this crap in Georgia, but I guess we're going to get one more week of cold weather. Ugh! So tired of it.

You guys aren't getting snow tomorrow. You can't post in this thread. ;-)

Unusually late in the year for more snow, isnt it?

Its manbearpig's fault.

Dammit I'm sore. Boo. My pro kicked my ass yesterday on the range.

We are getting snow tonight. Last year I had 4 or 5 rounds in already. This is stupid.

Anything after the official start of spring is a bit late, but with the way this year has gone, I'm not surprised at all.

Luckily the weather might improve next week. I'm ready to hit some golf balls outdoors up here. My play in South Carolina last week was awful, tells me that I have a ton of work to do to get back to where I was last year with my game.

Just found out that the girls 8 year old soccer team I help coach had a parent from the other team last weekend come up to one of ours and accused us of "cherry picking" during the game.

I had the same reaction as most of you that will read that. What is cherry picking in soccer mean?

First off there are no goalies in this age group yet however most teams will keep a "defender" back in the goal for defense. So what we do is leave a striker around midfield when the ball is in our half of the field and we are protecting our goal. We then try and have one of the girls gain control and pass the ball up to the striker so that she can get the ball down and try and score. Classic soccer101.

Apparently, after the 7-4 win we had, a parent took exception to our strategy and called it "cherry" picking to one of our kiddos parents.

I love sore losers.

Just found out that the girls 8 year old soccer team I help coach had a parent from the other team last weekend come up to one of ours and accused us of "cherry picking" during the game.

I had the same reaction as most of you that will read that. What is cherry picking in soccer mean?

First off there are no goalies in this age group yet however most teams will keep a "defender" back in the goal for defense. So what we do is leave a striker around midfield when the ball is in our half of the field and we are protecting our goal. We then try and have one of the girls gain control and pass the ball up to the striker so that she can get the ball down and try and score. Classic soccer101.

Apparently, after the 7-4 win we had, a parent took exception to our strategy and called it "cherry" picking to one of our kiddos parents.

I love sore losers.

Wow so sound strategy is now cheating. Have to love parents and I bet this person is a parent who really has no clue about the game and just can't stand their kid not winning.

I love sore losers.

It is amazing to me how competative some of these parents are. I'm not in the camp that thinkgs everyone should get a ribbion and all that, but if you're using strategy that they can't compete with that is their fault not yours. This year I have decided to just sit with the moms for flag football and relax.

Wow so sound strategy is now cheating. Have to love parents and I bet this person is a parent who really has no clue about the game and just can't stand their kid not winning.

Next year they start playing with goalies and offside. So for a split second when we learned of this yesterday we pondered the fact that maybe the striker is playing offsides even though it's not called at this level. Then I thought about the fact that there are no goalies and that the team was playing someone back in the goal who is not considered a goalie. No offsides.

I hear baseball is a lot worse. I told the other coaches to be flattered with the comment. We must have been doing something right then. Silly people.

Print an 80" by 48" poster only to find one letter missing in one word that snuck by proofreading. Spell check didn't catch it because it was an actual word - "asses". Problem is, the word I intended is "assess". Big difference between the meaning of those two. Time to reprint the stupid poster.

Print an 80" by 48" poster only to find one letter missing in one word that snuck by proofreading. Spell check didn't catch it because it was an actual word - "asses". Problem is, the word I intended is "assess". Big difference between the meaning of those two. Time to reprint the stupid poster.

I'm sorry but I have to admit I laughed at this... a lot...

My fiancee's friend was engaged to be married to a guy who was killed in a hit and run accident on Saturday. They found the driver, and it sounds like the guy who died was trying to stop the driver from driving home drunk. It's sad that it sounds like trying to do the right thing cost him his life, and the driver has prior DUIs to boot.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/03...PH&utm_source=topvph_news&utm_campaign=539793

In a city where you can fall into a cab with little effort, it's a shame that this happens. Day off of work for us Friday to go to the funeral. Obviously not a happy day off.

My fiancee's friend was engaged to be married to a guy who was killed in a hit and run accident on Saturday. They found the driver, and it sounds like the guy who died was trying to stop the driver from driving home drunk. It's sad that it sounds like trying to do the right thing cost him his life, and the driver has prior DUIs to boot.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/03...PH&utm_source=topvph_news&utm_campaign=539793

In a city where you can fall into a cab with little effort, it's a shame that this happens. Day off of work for us Friday to go to the funeral. Obviously not a happy day off.

That's terrible. I'm sorry for everyone involved.

Cancer, plain and simple it can kiss my ass. Received a bad call Sunday and it flat blows. Why is it always good people who get sh*t on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back