Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he had 2 years $44M left, so in essence Detroit owes him $292/10

That makes sense, I didn't know how much he had left on his deal. Now the only thing Angels fans and Tigers fans have in common is the love for Torii Hunter and the fear of what the future may hold.

That makes sense, I didn't know how much he had left on his deal. Now the only thing Angels fans and Tigers fans have in common is the love for Torii Hunter and the fear of what the future may hold.

Part of me thinks the Scherzer deal wont get done now, just seems like a lot of coin

A lot of people point to the Pujols situation and say this is a bad move for Detroit because of it. Now while I don't necessarily believe that this was a good extension for Detroit, there are a couple things in Cabrera's favor that Pujols had/has going against him. Cabrera won't be switching leagues nor will he be switching teams. Two huge factors (imo) that lead to Pujols extremely underperforming for his contract

A lot of people point to the Pujols situation and say this is a bad move for Detroit because of it. Now while I don't necessarily believe that this was a good extension for Detroit, there are a couple things in Cabrera's favor that Pujols had/has going against him. Cabrera won't be switching leagues nor will he be switching teams. Two huge factors (imo) that lead to Pujols extremely underperforming for his contract

yeah but hes fat and if hes really 30 he wont be playing everyday at the end. So I think 3-4 years of that will be him sitting at home somewhere

These deals are great...for the other teams. The Angels and Tigers are going to have 20M or 30M of dead money on their balance sheets in a handful of years. Everyone else will get to use a comparable amount of money on players that actually perform.

yeah but hes fat and if hes really 30 he wont be playing everyday at the end. So I think 3-4 years of that will be him sitting at home somewhere

Like I said I don't agree with the deal and glad a team in the central blew their money like that. But I don't think it's fair to look at Pujols and just automatically think Cabrera is gonna hit .240 this year

Like I said I don't agree with the deal and glad a team in the central blew their money like that. But I don't think it's fair to look at Pujols and just automatically think Cabrera is gonna hit .240 this year
Not this year. Pujols was already on the downturn, so the situations are different. But I'd bet a cold one that Cabrera is rather pedestrian within 5 years, which makes the entire last half (at least) of the contract stupid.

Just saw the contract. I will never understand baseball contracts.

Those are just stupid contracts. I don't care how talented a person is, NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON is worth paying $200+ million dollars to PLAY A GAME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are just stupid contracts. I don't care how talented a person is, NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON is worth paying $200+ million dollars to PLAY A GAME.

Well, its divided over 9 years right? 162 games per year, divided by...aw nevermind.. He aint worth it.

It is scary to think what Trout is going to get

It's no Josh Hamilton contract though.....is he still playing??

If the Rangers dont get healthy the Los Angeles Josh Hamiltons are going to win more games than them

Don't be coy, you know you love Hambone. He even had a quality spring.

Don't be coy, you know you love Hambone. He even had a quality spring.

Wasn't he hurt most of it? I'm like the bitter girlfriend that got dumped without notice. I'll have a special place in my heart for Hambone (WS HR in his Roy Hobbs moment) but wish nothing but failure on him now. He's making it kind of easy this far.

Just saw on Twitter that trout and the angels agreed to a 6 year deal. Details will be announced tomorrow.

$145 million

Coincidence coming out the same day as the guy he has finished second to in MVP voting inks a deal for double that? I think not.

Hamilton at $125M, Albert at $240M and now Trout at $145M. They got Trout for a good deal it appears.

Hamilton at $125M, Albert at $240M and now Trout at $145M. They got Trout for a good deal it appears.

Depends, trouts next contract may be even more

Well, its divided over 9 years right? 162 games per year, divided by...aw nevermind.. He aint worth it.

Cabrera will make double the average household bet income for a Detroit family every inning.

Cabrera gets paid that because he can hit .340 with 40 home runs and 125 RIBs. You don't get paid $292m because can't. It's actually simple economics.

Cabrera will make double the average household bet income for a Detroit family every inning.

Cabrera gets paid that because he can hit .340 with 40 home runs and 125 RIBs. You don't get paid $292m because can't. It's actually simple economics.

I don't care about any of that. IMO, there is not a single person on this earth that deserved to make $200 + million to play A GAME. In any sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back