Do you golf all year round?

RobRaine180

Reaction score
Handicap
Over here in the UK the weather is rubbish over winter so i don't tend to play much. In fact I've not set foot on a course since September 2013. Was all set to go out sometime this week, went over to the range on Monday and since then its hardly stopped raining.

Living in Orlando, fl allows me to play everyday if I wish

Pretty close. There are maybe 4-5 weeks I don't get out. If its 40*, I'm out there. Even played a couple of 36 degree rounds this year.

I managed to get in 2 rounds each month this winter. Does that count as year round?

I managed to get in 2 rounds each month this winter. Does that count as year round?

Yeah wouldnt see why not. Would be awesome to live where the weather is great all year round.

Living in Orlando and I can pretty much play any day I wish. Minus the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Season is from 6 months to 8 months. Rain, snow whatever, we play.

Living in Orlando and I can pretty much play any day I wish. Minus the rain.

I live in the north east of England. we get lots of rain all year round haha

Pretty much year round here in Georgia. 50* Fahrenheit is my typical threshold, though I've played a few times this year in the mid 40's as the weather has been colder than normal.

I last played outside in NY in November. My first outdoor golf of 2014 was the Hilton Head Invitational and the Lake Charles Invitational is my second. I'd say there's still another few weeks or so before courses in my area are open.

52 weeks a year in sunny Tucson. We really did not have a winter this year. Played 180 times.

Play outside about 6-7 months, 8 if we get lucky, which we aren't this year. The odd months I'm playing on a simulator once er twice a week and a dome trip once er twice a month.

Normally we can play every month yes, but it gets dicey Jan/Feb. but this winter was absolutely awful....and continues to be very wet.

I wish, sometimes only 6 months here.

I wish as well. Alaska is definitely not a year round place. I keep up in the winter at a golf dome and simulators. Summers are incredible here though, nothing like a 7:00 pm tee time and being able to play 18.

Not far from you but we've been very lucky this year, only missed one weekend over Christmas period. Other than that, no layoffs at all.

Some brutal weather but on the course is always better than not on the course.
Greens staff also did a great job keeping us on real greens.

We were under a good covering off snow this time last year, so definitely just luck with the milder winter.

No. All courses close and we re more focused on playing the snow then anyway

Pretty much can get a bit soggy and cool in the winter but still able to play

Here is southwest Ohio I've played in every month of the year. Usually play regularly up until Thanksgiving but thos last few weeks can be chilly and you are losing balls under leaves quit often.

I like to start playing about the first of March but this year has been difficult. The weather has been wildly inconsistent and uncooperative with the days I've been able to play.

Looks like Monday will be good. Hope to head to the course straight from work.

I did for 2 year s in SW ohio. ..not even close this year all though thanks to thp trips it was close

South Florida = Golf whenever you want

Living in Mass I can usually get play 8 maybe 9 months a year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty much year round except for this winter . Worst season
I've ever seen ?

Back