The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some times in life, things happen that make you sit down, think about life, cry a bit, and put things in to perspectives.

Tonight, is one of those nights.

Lost a good friend tonight, may God rest his soul.
Thanks for sharing WE....I got nothing to rant about.

Last weekend, Lightningbolt44 and I were playing and I hit a tee shot on a par 3 so fat that I instantly felt pain in my middle and ring finger. It continued through the week but gradually got better so I went and played 18 yesterday. At the end of the round, I had a little pain on the outside of my right elbow but nothing too bad so I did a lot of wedge practice here at the house last night.

This morning I wake up and my right arm is pretty useless. It's comfortable when it is bent but straightening it is painful and trying to take the lid off a jar almost brought me to tears. I guess I won't be playing golf tomorrow when it is in the 70s.

Ouch you may want to get that checked out!

And of course dicks has 1 person that can bend a wedge but he works during the week...arrrgg

And of course dicks has 1 person that can bend a wedge but he works during the week...arrrgg

Mike don't you have any smaller golf shops in the area. We have a few that are one man shops and the service is always much better than the hit or miss of a big box

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Having just returned from Zion, I have to say I've never seen such a run of arse-hat drivers as the locals we encountered in SW Utah. Just flat out d-bags. People who are virtually ready to fight over a parking spot, people who go out of their way to say something when nothing needs to be said, people who stick their nose in your business. There was one guy that I was about to have words with then I realized we were in the middle of nowhere, he was a local and I didn't have any protection with me.

Ohio "the heart of it all"

NOT :eek:

nenerygu.jpg

Having just returned from Zion, I have to say I've never seen such a run of arse-hat drivers as the locals we encountered in SW Utah. Just flat out d-bags. People who are virtually ready to fight over a parking spot, people who go out of their way to say something when nothing needs to be said, people who stick their nose in your business. There was one guy that I was about to have words with then I realized we were in the middle of nowhere, he was a local and I didn't have any protection with me.

Having lived in Utah from 2011-2013...I can personally attest to the terrible drivers. Super fast and super aggressive, with no regard to weather or traffic conditions.

Rain all day and I have been on the couch with some sort of flu! Ugh this sucks

Having lived in Utah from 2011-2013...I can personally attest to the terrible drivers. Super fast and super aggressive, with no regard to weather or traffic conditions.
I had a couple of instances where we came to a parking spot at the same time. I gave up the spot. The other person would park then get out of the car to yell at me about how it was their spot. The guy where I didn't say anything ... he drove past me in the opposite direction (on an open road) then drove back to me to question what I was doing then cussed at me in front of the kids. He was not a cop, just some arsehole with an opinion. WTF?

I had a couple of instances where we came to a parking spot at the same time. I gave up the spot. The other person would park then get out of the car to yell at me about how it was their spot. The guy where I didn't say anything ... he drove past me in the opposite direction (on an open road) then drove back to me to question what I was doing then cussed at me in front of the kids. He was not a cop, just some arsehole with an opinion. WTF?

and that is why I don't miss Southern Utah. I had far too many instances like that.

Played my first 2 rounds yesterday and Friday and I seem to have acquired the yips with my wedges...

Had to cancel my round with T0AD today due to feeling bad with my allergy flare up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Had to cancel my round with T0AD today due to feeling bad with my allergy flare up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I hate when that happens! Feel better soon John.

Definately Philosohpy

Well, it's pretty windy and slow and one of the members pissed me off shortly after arriving. More on that later.

Leaving THP Events, never as much fun as heading to THP Events.

Quoted for 100% truth!

But the smile remembering this weekend is bringing me home!

Had a blast! Go figure!

Dead on..just extends the poat thp event blues

More on that later.

Rant continued from yesterday: A-Hole Club Members

The course I played yesterday has always been considered one of the nicer ones in the area, but I'll get to that, too. They sent out an email saying that after 12PM Saturday and Sunday, anyone could come out and play for $16 w/ cart.
Knowing this is like 55% off, I jumped on it. I tossed in a bucket of balls to make it an even Twenty and out the door I went. I'm on the range doing some MAJ impressions and stretching a bit when I overhead a local member complaining about the deal I, and several others, got that day.

A-hole: "I can't believe they're letting all these people play for just cart fees! I have to pay cart fees on top of my membership, so these guys are just basically playing for free. What are they doing?"
Guy #1: "Well, I guess they saw that they needed to get people out here and lowered the price a bit."
A-hole: "But now I'm paying over 120/month plus that 16 bucks, so they're stealing my 120 dollars!"
Guy #2: "At least there are people here spending money."

Guy 1 and 2 get it. A-hole doesn't see the big picture. And guess what Mr. Hole....you're semi-private club didn't look so hot today, a situation I found quite surprising, honestly. The greens were pretty good, but the grass hasn't come back from dormant at all and most of it has been beaten to death by cart traffic and is very thin. Mr. Hole should hope they get it together and get the fairways in shape or they're going to pray they can get people to come out and play there. Even the city and USAF base courses look better right now, and that's certainly something this place isn't used to; falling into 3rd or 4th place in the city.

Snooty members at a moderately priced semi-private club should think before they speak or they'll quickly turn into 'just another course' that people might come play. Maybe he should focus his energies on management and why they have to offer cut rates to get people out there.

This time of year, the prices are unreasonable to play in the morning so it's afternoon or bust. My wife and I had an engagement party to attend this saturday, thus the afternoon round had to be scraped. I have to work next weekend, so it'll be 20 days I've gone without a round :(

And..... this is why, I will never join a club. Self important, stupid people annoy me and I golf to enjoy myself, not be looked down upon or see and hear others get **** on. As a caddy in my youth I saw plenty of that. Kids I went to school with were not "Allowed" to even look at me when I saw them. F*** semi and private golf clubs and the blue bloods that are "Members." You can say hello to my member.

Rant continued from yesterday: A-Hole Club Members

The course I played yesterday has always been considered one of the nicer ones in the area, but I'll get to that, too. They sent out an email saying that after 12PM Saturday and Sunday, anyone could come out and play for $16 w/ cart.
Knowing this is like 55% off, I jumped on it. I tossed in a bucket of balls to make it an even Twenty and out the door I went. I'm on the range doing some MAJ impressions and stretching a bit when I overhead a local member complaining about the deal I, and several others, got that day.

A-hole: "I can't believe they're letting all these people play for just cart fees! I have to pay cart fees on top of my membership, so these guys are just basically playing for free. What are they doing?"
Guy #1: "Well, I guess they saw that they needed to get people out here and lowered the price a bit."
A-hole: "But now I'm paying over 120/month plus that 16 bucks, so they're stealing my 120 dollars!"
Guy #2: "At least there are people here spending money."

Guy 1 and 2 get it. A-hole doesn't see the big picture. And guess what Mr. Hole....you're semi-private club didn't look so hot today, a situation I found quite surprising, honestly. The greens were pretty good, but the grass hasn't come back from dormant at all and most of it has been beaten to death by cart traffic and is very thin. Mr. Hole should hope they get it together and get the fairways in shape or they're going to pray they can get people to come out and play there. Even the city and USAF base courses look better right now, and that's certainly something this place isn't used to; falling into 3rd or 4th place in the city.

Snooty members at a moderately priced semi-private club should think before they speak or they'll quickly turn into 'just another course' that people might come play. Maybe he should focus his energies on management and why they have to offer cut rates to get people out there.

Picking a new laptop. It really bothers me that I have to spend $1000+ every 2-3 years for a new computer!

Wait, you are getting another one? Or is this just you lamenting the purchase from last week?

And..... this is why, I will never join a club. Self important, stupid people annoy me and I golf to enjoy myself, not be looked down upon or see and hear others get **** on. As a caddy in my youth I saw plenty of that. Kids I went to school with were not "Allowed" to even look at me when I saw them. F*** semi and private golf clubs and the blue bloods that are "Members." You can say hello to my member.

Whoaaaa! Not all clubs are even remotely like this. Certainly some members believe certain things, but to get that boiled up over an entire group of people that like to play golf as a membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back