The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, you are getting another one? Or is this just you lamenting the purchase from last week?

I am returning the Lenovo and getting something else, but to get what I want it's going to cost me even more. Just annoying that I seem to need a new computer every 2-3 years because I am pretty much on mine 24/7 and having to spend over a grand each time. It's just annoying.

Rant continued from yesterday: A-Hole Club Members

The course I played yesterday has always been considered one of the nicer ones in the area, but I'll get to that, too. They sent out an email saying that after 12PM Saturday and Sunday, anyone could come out and play for $16 w/ cart.
Knowing this is like 55% off, I jumped on it. I tossed in a bucket of balls to make it an even Twenty and out the door I went. I'm on the range doing some MAJ impressions and stretching a bit when I overhead a local member complaining about the deal I, and several others, got that day.

A-hole: "I can't believe they're letting all these people play for just cart fees! I have to pay cart fees on top of my membership, so these guys are just basically playing for free. What are they doing?"
Guy #1: "Well, I guess they saw that they needed to get people out here and lowered the price a bit."
A-hole: "But now I'm paying over 120/month plus that 16 bucks, so they're stealing my 120 dollars!"
Guy #2: "At least there are people here spending money."

Guy 1 and 2 get it. A-hole doesn't see the big picture. And guess what Mr. Hole....you're semi-private club didn't look so hot today, a situation I found quite surprising, honestly. The greens were pretty good, but the grass hasn't come back from dormant at all and most of it has been beaten to death by cart traffic and is very thin. Mr. Hole should hope they get it together and get the fairways in shape or they're going to pray they can get people to come out and play there. Even the city and USAF base courses look better right now, and that's certainly something this place isn't used to; falling into 3rd or 4th place in the city.

Snooty members at a moderately priced semi-private club should think before they speak or they'll quickly turn into 'just another course' that people might come play. Maybe he should focus his energies on management and why they have to offer cut rates to get people out there.

maybe i missed it & before i comment.... was this a private club or "semi" private club?

I am returning the Lenovo and getting something else, but to get what I want it's going to cost me even more. Just annoying that I seem to need a new computer every 2-3 years because I am pretty much on mine 24/7 and having to spend over a grand each time. It's just annoying.

I hear you. Spending money (at least for me) is never fun unless its on golf stuff. Haha Especially sucks knowing that in a few years you need to spend it again.

It's a minor rant, but not the way to start a Monday... Check engine light came on, so sitting in the dealership, waiting for the news. At least I'm still under warranty, no matter what happens.

Semi Private
It's basically just a course inside an older, established neighborhood full of houses in the 275k+ range. Seven or so years ago, it was very nice and boasted some super high quality greens. There were some internal struggles with management and the course members, much like those I described, and a few years ago it got so bad they sold off 9 holes (used to be 27) and they eventually changed management entirely. It seemed the 'members', or those living there and enjoying the benefits of having their own course, didn't much like the outside element of the public coming in and playing. Several years ago, they offered the military (the course literally is directly over the back fence of the base) a sweet three month membership. Trust me, we took full advantage of it, but I think they made a lot of money. The old-timers went nuts and complained so hard the manager quit and some others just got fed up over time. That is what led to the management change. If that one dude yesterday was any indication, they are headed in that direction again and I don't think they'll get a third chance to save this place. If I didn't have a couple friends living in there, I'd laugh when the course goes Tango Uniform and goes away and their property values plummet.

Well, it's official....

I have golfers elbow. The doctor said rest, ice and heat for at least 2 weeks and if the pain is gone, I need to wear a compression band to play.

This blows.

I understand what you are saying Toad, but look at it from the other side. It sounds like people paid top dollar to live in an exclusive golf community. Once money changed hands and they were committed and maybe even owned a home, the deal changed. I'd be PO'd and resent that too. Not because I'd be looking down my nose at anyone but because I'd feel like I was cheated and lied to.

It's basically just a course inside an older, established neighborhood full of houses in the 275k+ range. Seven or so years ago, it was very nice and boasted some super high quality greens. There were some internal struggles with management and the course members, much like those I described, and a few years ago it got so bad they sold off 9 holes (used to be 27) and they eventually changed management entirely. It seemed the 'members', or those living there and enjoying the benefits of having their own course, didn't much like the outside element of the public coming in and playing. Several years ago, they offered the military (the course literally is directly over the back fence of the base) a sweet three month membership. Trust me, we took full advantage of it, but I think they made a lot of money. The old-timers went nuts and complained so hard the manager quit and some others just got fed up over time. That is what led to the management change. If that one dude yesterday was any indication, they are headed in that direction again and I don't think they'll get a third chance to save this place. If I didn't have a couple friends living in there, I'd laugh when the course goes Tango Uniform and goes away and their property values plummet.

if it's semi private that guy has no gripe at all.

My semi-rant of the day...well I am back in Ohio and I just want the warm weather back. My daughter wants to go outside to swim...she sees the sun and said...daddy its warm. Lets go swimming.

Oh plus I want to golf!!!

Picking a new laptop. It really bothers me that I have to spend $1000+ every 2-3 years for a new computer!

Get a Mac! :D I have been running the same one for 5yrs and still have zero issues with it.

If I were you I'd pick up a Mac mini and hook it to a 32" or bigger tv to use as a monitor.

My semi-rant of the day...well I am back in Ohio and I just want the warm weather back. My daughter wants to go outside to swim...she sees the sun and said...daddy its warm. Lets go swimming.

I'm golfing this afternoon!

Get a Mac! :D I have been running the same one for 5yrs and still have zero issues with it.

If I were you I'd pick up a Mac mini and hook it to a 32" or bigger tv to use as a monitor.

Never going to happen.
And my 17" Mac Book Pro is sitting next to me closed because my Samsung is not only faster, but half the cost.

The temps are suppose to be up today, but my wife is in NY. So unless I take the kids out...no golf for me today. :arrogant:
I'm golfing this afternoon!

I understand what you are saying Toad, but look at it from the other side. It sounds like people paid top dollar to live in an exclusive golf community. Once money changed hands and they were committed and maybe even owned a home, the deal changed. I'd be PO'd and resent that too. Not because I'd be looking down my nose at anyone but because I'd feel like I was cheated and lied to.
I got ya. Really.

Maybe they should be more pissed at how the place started falling apart in 2007. The place was really nice.
There really are a lot of folks living in there that bought in on day one, and expected, I guess, to enjoy that which they were offered then for all eternity. Not an unfair assumption on their part.
Today's golf economy just doesn't make that feasible in a town of 60,000 and a military base with transient type folks coming and going every few years. It's not like this is a vacation destination and they could maintain the course on last century's dollars forever. If they raise the rates for the public, there are other options, if they keep them low enough to draw in some business, they piss off the old blue blood retirees. It's lose/lose if they don't keep an open mind to it all.

I was going to say I just refreshed my old Toshiba Satellite and it's running like it did on day one. Amazing what a wipe and reinstall will do for ya. I was about to ditch it entirely and just go tablet.

Never going to happen.
And my 17" Mac Book Pro is sitting next to me closed because my Samsung is not only faster, but half the cost.
I have a Toshiba that I got for a song and is the best laptop (Mac or PC) that I have ever owned. Would not consider changing it out, unless it came with a very expensive endorsement fee ... payable off the books. ;)

The wife and I were thinking about, with our next home, moving into a development that has a golf course. The one we were looking at is literally a mile away and the course winds its way through several neighborhoods. It's a course I like to play, they just sunk 3 million in renovations to the club house and course, and it has a pool that the wife would like to take advantage of when the kiddo gets old enough to use it (saving us the cost of owning one of our own).

The first problem that cropped up though was this weekend when we were playing ... the darn place looked like an ashtray. Cigarette butts everywhere. On every green, on every tee box, on every fairway. Used butts in the carts. As someone who is very adverse to cigarette's, even looking at them is enough to turn my stomach. Made for a unpleasurable day of golf. Want to write the course and say something, but not sure how to word it.

My capt Donne has dubbed this place right. It is basically Hoth. Its freaking March 31st and we had a blizzard hit last night. 3-4 feet of snow. People cannot get out of their houses. I know I said I can do 2 years but this not having a course open in the end of march is a bunch of crap. I cant wait to go home and play Wed-Sunday!

The Official Rant of the Day

I have to remake some moldings cause I screwed the first ones up! Arrrrrrrrrr not cool 1 hr wasted and may delay me getting to the course later.

Never going to happen.

I don't have the 17" as it's too much for me to lug around between home and work. The 13" with cable to connect it up to the TV when I need a bigger screen is fantastic.

The temps are suppose to be up today, but my wife is in NY. So unless I take the kids out...no golf for me today. :arrogant:

Teach them young!

u around this weekend?

upper 40's and after 3 days of rain coming im sure the courses will be in phenominal shape lol

I dont care at this point, I'll play in the mud

Me and the fiance are trying to come up with a recessional song for when we walk out of the wedding ceremony. We want it to be a bit upbeat and not a slow love song. We have EVERY other song picked, but for some reason... we cannot pinpoint what we want.

I am an AVID Bob Marley fan... is it outlandish to walk out to "Is This Love"?

Me and the fiance are trying to come up with a recessional song for when we walk out of the wedding ceremony. We want it to be a bit upbeat and not a slow love song. We have EVERY other song picked, but for some reason... we cannot pinpoint what we want.

I am an AVID Bob Marley fan... is it outlandish to walk out to "Is This Love"?

We had who let the dogs out but that was only because her friend who I am not fond of's last name is Beagle.

Just spilled soup all down my pants.

Luckily I had golf shorts in the car. Ugh.

Just spilled soup all down my pants.

Luckily I had golf shorts in the car. Ugh.

Lol I actually did the same thing recently. To make it worse the soup was extremely hot so I had to make a decision and either dump the soup all over the floor, or sit there and let it scold my under carriage. Awful situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back