The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here heard from my realtor? We put an offer in Last Monday and havent heard anything.

Has anyone here heard from my realtor? We put an offer in Last Monday and havent heard anything.

Holy shnikees. That just ain't right. Well, right enough to know you should be dumping that loser.

You're not dealing with a short sale or foreclosure, are you?

Holy shnikees. That just ain't right. Well, right enough to know you should be dumping that loser.
I hate her so much

I think it's time you fire her and find someone who actually gives a damn.
If we didnt want the house we are trying to get so badly I would have told her to hit the bricks. If we dont get the house, she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Fired.

You're not dealing with a short sale or foreclosure, are you?
Nope. Just a regular sale. Allegedly we are still waiting on the seller to get the mortgage payoff amount. Which is what it is. But what irritates me is that she doesnt EVER reach out to us and say anything. Never responds to emails, texts or phone calls. We are first time home buyers, its her job to walk us through the process.

Nope. Just a regular sale. Allegedly we are still waiting on the seller to get the mortgage payoff amount. Which is what it is. But what irritates me is that she doesnt EVER reach out to us and say anything. Never responds to emails, texts or phone calls. We are first time home buyers, its her job to walk us through the process.

Man, she sounds like a winner. Call her boss?

Man, she sounds like a winner. Call her boss?

I thought about it, but whats that going to really do? Piss her off? It's not going to make her respond to us. Just going to sit tight. If the deal goes through, great. If not, she is gone.

I thought about it, but whats that going to really do? Piss her off? It's not going to make her respond to us. Just going to sit tight. If the deal goes through, great. If not, she is gone.

It just sucks that you have pretty much no say in how she gets compensated if the deal does go through. She'll get hers even if you aren't happy.

Dev,
I dealt with a realtor earlier this year who sounds like yours. Run the other way as fast as possible. There are plenty of competent realtors out there. You're making a major life decision and you don't want any BS.

Dev,
I dealt with a realtor earlier this year who sounds like yours. Run the other way as fast as possible. There are plenty of competent realtors out there. You're making a major life decision and you don't want any BS.

Trust me. I want to but it's too late in the process if we actually want this house. Which sucks but if we get the house then so be it, I guess.

Me and the fiance are trying to come up with a recessional song for when we walk out of the wedding ceremony. We want it to be a bit upbeat and not a slow love song. We have EVERY other song picked, but for some reason... we cannot pinpoint what we want.

I am an AVID Bob Marley fan... is it outlandish to walk out to "Is This Love"?

Beautiful day by U2 is what you're looking for.

I have friends that are realtors, and this is not directed at them.
But REALTORS ARE THE FREAKING WORST!!!!!
The absolute worst.
I will hopefully never have to deal with one again and will ONLY do things on my own. I have someone that manages our money and an attorney. They can assist with decisions when necessary. Realtor.com > Realtors

I was actually thinking g of becoming a real estate agent, with all of the horror stories out there, I figured it can't be that hard to distinguish yourself with excellent communication and customer service.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Something doesn't sound quite right. There is no way it takes a week to find out your loan payoff amount. My wife and I refinanced our house in a matter of hours (72 hours to be exact*, and that included an onsite appraisal) and rolled into that was finding out our current loan payoff. Crap, anyone with half a brain can figure that amount up on their own with basic math skills and access to their loan documents via online access.

I would guess that the current owner is fishing for a deal that favors him more. I know you really want this house, but honestly ... I'd set a deadline with your offer. Let them call your bluff. I'd also go to your current realtor's boss. While it may piss her off, she is financially motivated to close the deal regardless of whether she is annoyed or not. If it goes through, you have your house. If it doesn't, she's gone anyways ... you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain IMO.

*Basically everything that was required on our end of the deal. The bank took a bit longer but everything they needed from us (including the current loan payoff) was done in less than a business week on our end.

Something doesn't sound quite right. There is no way it takes a week to find out your loan payoff amount. My wife and I refinanced our house in a matter of hours (72 hours to be exact) and rolled into that was finding out our current loan payoff. Crap, anyone with half a brain can figure that amount up on their own with a basic math skills and access to their loan documents via online access.

I would guess that the current owner is fishing for a deal that favors him more. I know you really want this house, but honestly ... I'd set a deadline with your offer. Let them call your bluff. I'd also go to your current realtor's boss. While it may piss her off, she is financially motivated to close the deal regardless of whether she is annoyed or not. If it goes through, you have your house. If it doesn't, she's gone anyways ... you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain IMO.

I would love to do anything but when your realtor doesnt respond, it makes it kind of hard. Not even an email to update us. Nothing.

I would love to do anything but when your realtor doesnt respond, it makes it kind of hard. Not even an email to update us. Nothing.

Do you have a signed buyers agent agreement with them? If not, then I don't think you are obligated to use them at all. You can just as easily call up any other realtor and use them. Of course, if they are also the listing agent, then you are screwed.

Is she a one woman show? If not, go to her boss. If she is, leave her a voice mail telling her that if she doesn't call you back in a couple of hours you're rescinding your offer on the house, and moving to a new realtor who gives a darn who will find something for you with the care and assistance you deserve. I bet you she calls you back in under 10 minutes. Of course she will offer you a lot of excuses, but at least you'll have made contact.

I hate to play the bad guy, but with realtors they need to know they are working for you. When I purchased my first house I told the realtor the price range I was looking for. Wanted a comfortable house with a comfortable payment. I did not want to be house poor. The first five houses she showed me were all 50-100K over my target price. After the fifth, I told her I loved the houses but if she showed me one more that was over my target range I was "going to throw her out on her ass". She got the message and the third house she showed me after our episode was the one I purchased.

This deal will affect you and your family long after your realtor leaves the picture. You are allowed to be an a**hole - within reason - if you are not getting the results you expect and need. Just my two ducats.

Do you have a signed buyers agent agreement with them? If not, then I don't think you are obligated to use them at all. You can just as easily call up any other realtor and use them. Of course, if they are also the listing agent, then you are screwed.

It's not the listing agent but if we already submitted a contract on the house and we switch to a different realtor, she can still get a commission and make big stink over everything. I just want it over with.

I have friends that are realtors, and this is not directed at them.
But REALTORS ARE THE FREAKING WORST!!!!!
The absolute worst.
I will hopefully never have to deal with one again and will ONLY do things on my own. I have someone that manages our money and an attorney. They can assist with decisions when necessary. Realtor.com > Realtors

I work with some dummies, I'm not offended. You can tell who chases the dollar vs who is out there to help people. It's frustrating for sure.

I don't believe he's under a BBA but there's some procuring cause in there due to her showing it, writing and submitting etc. It wouldn't be completely impossible to drop her with no issues but you never know. Some agents get grumpy about that stuff and some just let it go.

I agree with going to the broker. Nothing causes a panic attack like getting a phone call from your broker under any circumstances.

Don't eat Mexican food at a theme park...worst idea ever

Tap Tap Taparoo

Working on my taxes. Did even better this year than two years ago guessing it right to where I don't give the government a big tax-free loan. (Less than 10 bucks a week on the refund) That's not the rant.

The rant is that Jacqui worked a quarter of the year at one of our courses in Missouri, so I had to buy the Missouri State program from H&R Block for $43 including tax in order to get back the $40 overpayment she paid. Would have been better off not even filing and letting them keep it!

Of course I never would have known had I not filed!

My rant is on #9 green there were two teenagers, boy and girl, practicing putting as I pulled up to my tee shot. I waved at them and gave them the "move" signal. They then stepped to the edge of the green and yelled " go ahead". So I went ahead. And I hit it short. Aggravated because I hit it fat because there were two kids standing on the edge of the green (like I need anymore distractions). Apparently they were walking the front nine and have never played golf before. So I politely told them that they were on the golf course and you can't practice putting or anything at all these misc flags you see blowing in the wind. I said , give me your scorecard and I showed them hole by hole which flag to aim for. I should have talked to them before I hit my approach.

Here's my rant: Don't talk to your ball, it's ridiculous. And for the love of everything sane in this world, don't you DARE talk to my ball.

Here's my rant: Don't talk to your ball, it's ridiculous. And for the love of everything sane in this world, don't you DARE talk to my ball.
I talk to my ball all the time. I love it when it listens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back