SeeMore SPi Cyber Coach

I honestly don't know. Pat O'Brien is a brilliant instructor. I think it would depend on how much work needs to be done.

Ok, I guess im talking my wife into both!! I winder if Pat is a cyber coach!!

I need the weather to get better in MN asap. I am going to put some thoughts together for my coach for when I start back up, but several things that we had been working on towards the end of the season last year really clicked today. The good news is my set-up and posture have become automatic after a lot of work over the winter. I did not go backwards and that is huge. During the rounds I played this weekend I spent far too long standing over the ball. I need to trust my line, set-up, look at my spot, look down at the ball, and pull the trigger. When I did that today at the practice green I drained far more putts. I felt the confidence today that I had last year and it puts a huge smile on my face.

April is here and it is time to take a look at the plan I started and evaluate where I am. More snow today but as soon as the courses up here are open it will be time to jump back in with my coach Ben and get back on track:

Here is the original plan Ben put together for me:

In the next few weeks we need to look at creating your putting menu.

I think there are 4 areas that make for good putting. We need drills for each of these areas and we call this your putting menu: 

1) Putting Technique 

2) Putting Feel 

3) Green Reading 

4) Mental Game

1) I played a couple rounds the weekend before last and my technique was pretty good. It is still something I spend at least a few minutes of the day on to make sure I have it down.
2) My routine is good but I need to speed it up a little. I can still feel a bit frozen over the ball at times. I think I need to trust my first read and try to be a little more athletic over the ball. This is something I will discuss with Ben and have a few videos shot before my lessons start so he can get a visual of my routine and provide more input.
3) This has always felt like a bit of a struggle for me. The weather turned bad right as I was getting into some of these drills last fall and I can't wait to get back out there and work on them again. This will be a huge focus as I get back into it.
4) I may be looking forward to this the most. Not sure what Ben has up his sleeve but I am interested to find out.

How much time are you spending over the ball E? Is it longer for shorter or longer putts?

Early in the season, I get pretty quick on the short ones -- I like to assume that any extra time I take is only going to make things awful hahaha!

How much time are you spending over the ball E? Is it longer for shorter or longer putts?

Early in the season, I get pretty quick on the short ones -- I like to assume that any extra time I take is only going to make things awful hahaha!

Hard for me to tell actually. I think it was worse on longer putts but JB or War might be able to jump in with a rough estimate. I just know I felt far too tense. The results were not terrible but I was not sinking very many. I spent an hour or so on the practice green the day I left Florida and I would just step in and hit. It felt much more natural and I drained several 12-20 footers.

Hard for me to tell actually. I think it was worse on longer putts but JB or War might be able to jump in with a rough estimate. I just know I felt far too tense. The results were not terrible but I was not sinking very many. I spent an hour or so on the practice green the day I left Florida and I would just step in and hit. It felt much more natural and I drained several 12-20 footers.

Seems easier and easier to freeze up and lock into place when you're taking time to hit the ball (at least for me anyways). Sounds like you're on the right path with that practice session though!

Bump for CJ. This is a good start.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

The first step is to shoot some videos to get an idea of where I am at currently. I am anxious to see if any bad habits have found there way into my set-up and get them corrected. I should have some feedback on those videos this week and will post them at that time. In the meantime Ben has me tracking my putting stats with the following card:

50fa7e9e-91db-4d4e-8174-f5d672da78e9_zps71187496.jpg

d84f8c2e-17b4-48f0-a6b2-f014200539bc_zps3a9de940.jpg

How to use the card:
On every hole mark down the length of the first putt, then check off the boxes that apply to the 1st putt on every hole.
Low - if the putt missed on the low side
High - if the putt missed on the high side
In - if the 1st putt was holed
DC - if the putt was dead center but came up short
Short - if the putt came up short
Long - if the putt was missed long
Perfect - if the putt was at but not more then 2ft pass the hole

The PDF is set up so you can print on both sides and the front and back line up. The size should fit in any yardage book cover.

I'm quoting this because I will use these until the end of time now.

I'm quoting this because I will use these until the end of time now.

Oh, thanks for doing that James. Cookie finally explained all if the squares to me on the plane back and I'll be using this too now!!! I need to print these off and start using.

Oh, thanks for doing that James. Cookie finally explained all if the squares to me on the plane back and I'll be using this too now!!! I need to print these off and start using.

The feedback I got from this was insane, I like that Erik was using it, but I never fully understood it myself. But seeing my misses and how/where I'm missing is massive. Puts more focus on my pace (hole to two feet past) and staying high side to give the putt a chance if the pace is on. Love it.

The feedback I got from this was insane, I like that Erik was using it, but I never fully understood it myself. But seeing my misses and how/where I'm missing is massive. Puts more focus on my pace (hole to two feet past) and staying high side to give the putt a chance if the pace is on. Love it.

Ben was explaining how he can use these in teaching his lessons and makes total sense.

Love that this is starting to sink in for some guys. If I knew Ben was going to be there I would not have missed the SeeMore event.

That tracking sheet is sweet, printed out 50 copies yesterday morning.

And Ben rocks, enjoyed thoroughly having him with our group for 9 holes....taking my putting to another level without question.

That tracking sheet is sweet, printed out 50 copies yesterday morning.

And Ben rocks, enjoyed thoroughly having him with our group for 9 holes....taking my putting to another level without question.

That's basically cheating having him for 9 holes

That's basically cheating having him for 9 holes

Haha, I kept asking questions and he kept answering. He loves interacting with us on course and teaching everything from tee to green.

Haha, I kept asking questions and he kept answering. He loves interacting with us on course and teaching everything from tee to green.

So awesome for you guys. Quite Jelly

I can't wait to use the card

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where was the card posted? I saw it last night but cannot find it now

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

26 putts today....some of this stuff is starting to click!!!

26 putts today....some of this stuff is starting to click!!!

Awesome Nate. Took mine out today and had 28. For me that is good.

Love the method!

JM

Anyone else currently still doing this and interacting with their coach? Any of the SeeMore/THP outing guys end up trying it out?

Those that are, currently working on something in particular?

Anyone else currently still doing this and interacting with their coach? Any of the SeeMore/THP outing guys end up trying it out?

I am still going strong. Green reading and pace are the two thing I am focusing on. I also send Ben a video every now and again to confirm my posture and set-up. This week I will hit it hard as we head towards Morgan Cup week.

I'm signing up this week like we talked about this weekend.

I am still going strong. Green reading and pace are the two thing I am focusing on. I also send Ben a video every now and again to confirm my posture and set-up. This week I will hit it hard as we head towards Morgan Cup week.

I've traded a few emails with Ben Pellicani and he's actually willing (and somewhat intrigued) to work with me and my sidesaddle putting stroke.

I expect we'll get something set up shortly.

Can't wait to see what he can offer me....

Back