Tiger Woods To Miss Masters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Breaking...Just as the title says.

Wow it must really be serious for him to miss it. Wonder what kind of ratings impact we see.

Ugh. I really hope this is an April Fool's joke. But, I know it's not.

His back must be really bothering him. I wonder what the treatment options are? If he has a herniated disc and needs surgery, this season is basically a wash.

I kinds expected this. I think Freddie was right we may not see him until the Players.

Can someone mod this guy and show him there is a Tiger thread? :alien:

Not sure it changes the results much, but a big bummer for Tiger, ANGC and CBS.

Wow it must really be serious for him to miss it. Wonder what kind of ratings impact we see.

If you go to tigerwoods.com there is an article there which mentions that he had a procedure on his back on Monday. Looking like he will be out of commission until this summer.

Wow! Not a lot to say. I'm sure he's devastated.

The back has to be KILLING him to miss the Masters.

Tiger Woods announced Tuesday that he has undergone a successful microdiscectomy for a pinched nerve that has been hurting him for several months.

http://www.tigerwoods.com/news/2014...ful-microdiscectomy/?tcid=tw_article_70599322

Tiger Woods announced Tuesday that he has undergone a successful microdiscectomy for a pinched nerve that has been hurting him for several months.

The surgery was performed Monday in Park City, Utah, by neurosurgeon Dr. Charles Rich.

The procedure was successful, but Woods will be unable to play in the Masters Tournament, instead requiring rest and rehabilitation for the next several weeks.

"After attempting to get ready for the Masters, and failing to make the necessary progress, I decided, in consultation with my doctors, to have this procedure done," Woods said.

"I'd like to express my disappointment to the Augusta National membership, staff, volunteers and patrons that I will not be at the Masters," Tiger added. "It's a week that's very special to me. It also looks like I'll be forced to miss several upcoming tournaments to focus on my rehabilitation and getting healthy.

"I'd also like to thank the fans for their support and concern. It's very kind and greatly appreciated. This is frustrating, but it's something my doctors advised me to do for my immediate and long-term health."

Woods will begin intensive rehabilitation and soft-tissue treatment within a week. Healing and recovery times differ for each individual based on many physiological factors, but Woods could begin chipping and putting, after assessment by his doctors, in three weeks.

The goal is for Tiger to resume playing sometime this summer. The repetitive motion from golf can cause this injury, and Woods could have sustained further damage if he had continued to play. There should be no long-lasting effects from the surgery, and it should not impact the longevity of his career.

"It's tough right now, but I'm absolutely optimistic about the future," Woods said. "There are a couple [of] records by two outstanding individuals and players that I hope one day to break. As I've said many times, Sam and Jack reached their milestones over an entire career. I plan to have a lot of years left in mine."

I thought I saw some rumors floating around about this earlier today. So will this effect the hype for the Master's?

Does that surgically remove a Foley?
#TooSoon

Who will people call in and snitch on now?

Give up 1 but be able to play in 3 later in the year. Well, hopefully 3. At least 2. I liked his chances at Pinehurst too based on the two top 3 showings he's had there.

Give up 1 but be able to play in 3 later in the year. Well, hopefully 3. At least 2. I liked his chances at Pinehurst too based on the two top 3 showings he's had there.

I wouldn't make that presumption. US Open is only two months away. Open Championship is only three months. I wouldn't count on either right now.

Does that surgically remove a Foley?
#TooSoon

seems so....microdiscectomy: the removal of an annoying odd looking swing coach, who stands like a tool & helps players regress

Too bad, no "Tiger-Tracker" (sarcasm)

not quite as rough as missing #theking due to injury, but I do feel bad for him.

Not a Tiger fan at all, but don't want to see him fail at Jack's record due to injury...and I think he makes the field better. That being said, I won't enjoy the Masters even an ounce less without him...it's the play, not the players for me.

I had figured that once he talked about it as a real possibility that it was likely he'd miss the Masters. Whether you like him or not, a Tiger Woods at the top of his game is fun to watch, so here's hoping this works and he's back later this year.

Wow. Guess he was actually hurt

Bummer. Was really hoping to follow him for a few holes this year.

Wow. Guess he was actually hurt

Go figure huh? If I remember right we can go through the pages and find some people saying it was for attention? Or only after he hit a bad shot lol those were awesome

Back