Tiger Woods To Miss Masters

Kind of takes the steam out of everyone saying that he wasn't really injured.

Kind of takes the steam out of everyone saying that he wasn't really injured.

Obviously faking the surgery too, doing it all for the attention and to distract people from April Fools Day. Of all the "nerve."

MEH.......

Hopefully he will be back for the US open

The Masters is shaping up to be pretty interesting. Between Tiger not playing and all the stories about the trees being shredded by ice storms, I have a feeling something awesome will come out of all this bad news.

This is terrible news.

But at least he's not lost his competitive fire. Means he wants to take care of himself win the players again and other majors!

Wow, just read about it, just wow. At least the surgery was successful.

This stinks.

Hate to see it. Love watching him play at Augusta. Either way it's till going to be The Masters and it's my favorite tournament of the year.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not all that bothered by it and more than anything am just glad it came out and was addressed now. Now the focus goes back on the course and the tournament itself, no more questions of will he or won't he. Hope he gets healthy as even though I'm not a fan, I like to watch him hit a golf ball.

It will be interesting to see how ratings fare this year with Tiger essentially out of commission for the majority of the season and Phil kind of fading because of injury as well. When Tiger was MIA a few years ago, Phil was still there to keep the interest for the general public up. And I don't mean ratings with just the Masters, but all of the other tourneys as well.

So who brings the average Joe viewer in now? Rory? Adam Scott? Dustin? Dunno, but a Tiger and Phil less tour is something the PGA was gonna have to deal with eventually. Just didn't think it would be this soon.

Disappointing to say the least that he won't be playing. And I'm sad to say, that even though he's not playing, the focus will still be on Tiger not playing.

Edit: Removed joke and inserted something to add to the thread :act-up:

Last edited:
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not all that bothered by it and more than anything am just glad it came out and was addressed now. Now the focus goes back on the course and the tournament itself, no more questions of will he or won't he. Hope he gets healthy as even though I'm not a fan, I like to watch him hit a golf ball.

I really do like that it's not going to be a "will he or won't he" story leading up to the tournament, and people can focus on the rest of the field. With no announcement, it would overshadow some of the storylines that would otherwise come out leading into the tournament.

Tiger not playing doesn't bother me at all. We will be able to have coverage of other golfers now. I'll watch just as much without him. Tiger wasn't going to win anyway...

I do the same thing when I golf. I hit a bad shot and clutch my knee or back or fall down in agony just so people pay attention to me and not the horrible shot I just hit. I've even gone so far to have unnecessary back surgeries to continue the ruse. :alien:

Edited: My humor doesn't make the thread any better. Sorry

This sucks but ultimately this tournament is still The Masters and there will be plenty to keep our attention. What's the over/under for how many times he will still be shown in coverage on the weekend?

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

There were people in the Tiger thread that said those things. I went back and counted 2-3 people. All of them wrong clearly. These "joke" posts dont make a thread any better FWIW.

In my eyes, it's always about the course and the tournament at Augusta. It's what makes it unique to me. Even when we went last year I was telling Jenn, it's fun to watch the guys play but really you are there to see the course. I've been to a bunch of other majors and it's the only one that gives me that feeling.

I guess now the fun begins on the +/- of how much of the broadcast time is devoted to him not being there.

In my eyes, it's always about the course and the tournament at Augusta. It's what makes it unique to me. Even when we went last year I was telling Jenn, it's fun to watch the guys play but really you are there to see the course. I've been to a bunch of other majors and it's the only one that gives me that feeling.

Its why I love the event, I think the news coming out now though was the best thing for everyone for sure, because you know it was going to get drilled to death by the media in the leadup.

And thanks for reminding me about my tickets. :banghead:

I had this exact same surgery some 6-7 years ago.

I remember that pain of having a disc pinching a nerve. Excruciating everytime I got in/out of a car.

Glad he got it fixed, hopefully he can return without pain.

Its why I love the event, I think the news coming out now though was the best thing for everyone for sure, because you know it was going to get drilled to death by the media in the leadup.

And thanks for reminding me about my tickets. :banghead:

definitely. I'm glad the news came out this week, before the start of the tournament out in Houston.
And thanks again! You gave me the coolest feeling, walking out on a Tuesday and knowing I would be going back the next day

Would have like to see Tiger in person at my first tour event but no biggie. At least I don't have to decide on whether or not to put him in my fantasy lineup.

I had this exact same surgery some 6-7 years ago.

I remember that pain of having a disc pinching a nerve. Excruciating everytime I got in/out of a car.

Glad he got it fixed, hopefully he can return without pain.

I know everyone heels differently, but how long did it take you to feel better?

Back