Tiger Woods To Miss Masters

i know this sucks for the game but i think its good he needs to get Healthy again its getting old with him getting hurt so often i want him playing at a top level again its more fun watching him battle it out at his top level.

Does it?

I don't know what's worse, Tiger being in the spotlight hobbling, playing okay golf, or him not being on television at all for a while.

There are plenty of exciting young players coming up right now. I personally look forward to the focus turning to them while Tiger is sidelined.

Does it?

I don't know what's worse, Tiger not being in the spotlight hobbling, playing okay golf, or him not being on television at all for a while.

There are plenty of exciting young players coming up right now. I personally look forward to the focus turning to them while Tiger is sidelined.

This has nothing to do with TW missing, I just think we are going to see a young first timer when this year. I don't see of the pre-Masters favorites winning

Certainly the most wide open field in a long time. So many really good golfers. Who will be great for a long weekend?

Does it?

I don't know what's worse, Tiger being in the spotlight hobbling, playing okay golf, or him not being on television at all for a while.

This was kind of my thought as well. I'm a HUGE a tiger fan, but even I could see younger talent was losing exposure. I think this will be big for Augusta bc he's never missed and only a week away. The next three majors it will be a mention and that's it. I really hope some if the young golfers sieze the spotlight at these majors and get is talking. (I'm looking at you Fowler)

There's not much exciting about watching someone shoot 76 and win a golf tournament though. I have to watch that once a year at the US Open, but at least the course setup is the reason for the higher scores.

So... HGH forum testing. Pros and cons. Thoughts? :alien:

This has nothing to do with TW missing, I just think we are going to see a young first timer when this year. I don't see of the pre-Masters favorites winning

I'm not sure I follow. Removing Tiger from the 'air time' equation doesn't allow for better focus on other players performing?

That's all I was saying.

There's not much exciting about watching someone shoot 76 and win a golf tournament though. I have to watch that once a year at the US Open, but at least the course setup is the reason for the higher scores.

To be fair, there is not much exciting about watching someone shoot 76 and not win either...

So... HGH forum testing. Pros and cons. Thoughts? :alien:

I'm not arguing with that at all dude, but you're looking for dominant Tiger, not hobbled Tiger. I'd pay to watch dominant Tiger any day.

BREAKING: Not to be outdone by Tiger, Phil Mickelson has announced that he will also miss the Masters due to surgery. Mickelson stated that he is flying to Germany yesterday to move forward with an experimental surgery to cure his arthritis. In an interview, Mickelson stated "What they're going to do is take this like, purple goo and inject it directly into my spine. They will then put me inside an astronaut training vehicle and spin me around at like, a bazillion g's. Then they'll quickly reverse the direction. Like, it's kind of a washing machine. But that is how the purple goo will spread throughout my body. I'll be ready for golf the week after the Masters."

When confronted with this news, Tiger responded, "Whatever. Next month I'm going to have my hands surgically removed and replaced with the infamous cowboy Jesse James's hands. His reputation as being a quick draw shows he had fast hands, and it should add AT LEAST 10 yards to my drives. So Phil can just suck on that." Clearly, the rivalry between these two behemoth's is very much alive, and escalating to unprecedented levels.

-------

Happy April Fool's Day everyone. :joy:

~Rock

To be fair, there is not much exciting about watching someone shoot 76 and not win either...

I agree too. Someone shooting 76 really isn't something I want to see. Either a shootout or someone holding the chasers off makes for good tv.

I'm not arguing with that at all dude, but you're looking for dominant Tiger, not hobbled Tiger. I'd pay to watch dominant Tiger any day.

Agree with this too. I'd pay for anyone dominant or getting into contention more often than not. It just makes for excitement.

Hopefully he's able to come back strong. Much as it pains me to say it sometimes, his presence is still a net-positive for the game.

I really hate t hear this but I can't say i'm surprised. Hopefully he comes back in time for the Open championship and plays well.

Tiger Woods To Miss Masters

This made me think....

TWs pursuit of the record doesn't drive my interest in golf, but it does seem a little empty without that pursuit in the air.

Would be a shame if he ever goes out for a lengthy bit.

Dominant Tiger is very good for the game I would pay to watch him any day it is always good one of the greatest rising on one of the greatest stages but the past few times he has looked like the guy who waited a year to long to hang them up

Feel bad for Tiger. Will still be the amazing tournament it always has been. Can't wait!

It is still the Master's and I think the event is bigger than any one person. While I'm no fan, I wouldn't wish injury on anyone, but it will still be a great event as always without him in the field.

Its a tough break for Tiger to miss the Masters. However, it's still the masters, a major, and it will be awesome!

This sucks that he has to miss the Masters, I am a fan of watching him play this game. On the other hand the tournament is bigger than him and really signals the beginning of Spring for many of us! That means more GOLF!!!! So pumped

But what a story his comeback will be next year. Imagine if he's in the hunt next year. Would make for more excitement than the always exciting Masters has seen since Nicklaus in 1984.

Does anyone know what the ramifications of this surgery are? any limited movement issues or anything?

Such a bummer to hear this. The Masters won't be the same without him in it this year. Hope he recovers quickly and can come back at some point this season.

Does anyone know what the ramifications of this surgery are? any limited movement issues or anything?

I'm pretty sure I read a stat where 90% of professional athletes who have had this surgery have returned to their top form after the surgery.

I don't know what happened to the other 10% as the article didn't say.

Here is the article I read that from (it's about halfway through the article):

http://espn.go.com/golf/masters14/story/_/id/10709313/tiger-woods-back-surgery-pulls-masters

Couldn't believe what I read on twitter today. It's crazy to think his back is hurt that bad. I wish him the best in his surgery and recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Definitely will not be the same. One of the best parts of golf (fan or not) is to watch where he will end up on the board.

Back