I added some clear coat on the anthracite grey, I think I should leave it matte, what do you think?

scotty.jpg

Looks great man, I'd leave it like that IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First attempt, we'll see how it holds up.

I'm digging the clear coat a lot Castor. Stick with it!

Is just did all the paint fills, now they are still matte, I also re did the face I posted earlier for smoother outcome...I'll post comparison pics later, I kind of like the matte :) but the clear coat looks more professional.

You guys have done some great work. Its amazing how something so little can change the appearance so much. Looking great.

I added some clear coat on the anthracite grey, I think I should leave it matte, what do you think?

I think with the finish on the rest of the putter, matt would suit it better. If it was highly polished, 100% go with the gloss but as it sits, I reckon matt.

I think with the finish on the rest of the putter, matt would suit it better. If it was highly polished, 100% go with the gloss but as it sits, I reckon matt.

Yes...but I think I need to put some coating on it...the matte paint is so delicate that dents, fingerprints and scratches show too easily, there's already a dent, and I've barely moved it from the table to another room...

Question for you paint fill guys.

I'm looking at a Scotty Big Sur on ebay that is in excellent condition except for one thing. The seller couldn't see the black on black line, so he colored it in with white fingernail polish & did an absolutely horrible job.

Can I get the fingernail polish off without messing up the base finish?

Question for you paint fill guys.

I'm looking at a Scotty Big Sur on ebay that is in excellent condition except for one thing. The seller couldn't see the black on black line, so he colored it in with white fingernail polish & did an absolutely horrible job.

Can I get the fingernail polish off without messing up the base finish?

I would say yes, but the depending on the finish you have to careful how brutal your removing technique is...there's some heavy chemicals that you can use, that could damage the finish, but they also might not. One way is to apply solvent or something carefully on just the needed place (line) and the carefully remove the fingernail polish...if needed, scrape it off with q-tip dipped in acetone and a needle or something else sharp and small.

Shakey, I once un-did the fill on a putter sight line and the white underneath remained. I just used very light dabs of acetone on a blue shop rag and wiped it out gently.

It's still matte only, I'll decide on the coating later.

I suppose the paint is soft for a while, and I was thinking, if enough paint would be applied, could I stamp (metal stamps) something on the paint and the cover it with clear coat? I'll try it, but has anyone else done it?

db7ap.jpg

That looks awesome dude, seriously, thats a pretty putter.

While the paint is still soft you prob could stamp on top of it and even fill the stamped part :D

Thanks :) there's a spot that's uneven, and it bugs the heck out of me...not OCD like, but still :) I just don't want to do it all over again, yet. :D

First paintfill experience. .. customized the vokeys i gave my fiancé
vuqejequ.jpg

20140408_114417_zpsvhypwypx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140408_114429_zpsxccutx0c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140408_114507_zps5dtx1zbr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Love my M2 now so I gave my Cleveland a little makeover for the wife, she doesn't play often but she is gonna love putting with this when she does.

Wow, great information in this thread. However I did not see the answer I am looking for. I have a couple of new Cleveland 588 Rotex wedges in the black pearl finish and am wanting to paint fill the engraving on them. I tried using Acetone on a towel and rubbing to remove the factory paint, nothing. So I tried sub-merging the entire head in acetone for about 15 minutes, nothing. Gave it one more shot, this time for about 45 minutes, and nothing. For the life of me I cannot get this factory paint off. Anyone have ideas or knowledge of something new to try? I did a test run on an old Vokey wedge and the paint came off pretty easy. I'm guessing because these are new that the paint is really on there. There has to be a way though.

I have a couple of new Cleveland 588 Rotex wedges in the black pearl finish and am wanting to paint fill the engraving on them.

I've stripped my RTXs about a dozen times, I use the stripper gel you get from diy stores, current brand I'm using is called NitroMors but most palces have their own version.
Slap it on with a brush, top up after 30 mins, brush away with an old nylon toothbrush about an hour after that.
Not sure how it would affect the black finish tho so go with caution!

Factory paint is usually a pain to get off with just acetone. I have used paint stripper (not thinner) from Home Depot with great success. I use a paintbrush, paint it on the numbers, paint basically wipes off after 10-15 minutes. You may need a pick to get in the tighter areas. However, I'm not sure if it would do anything to the finish. I have some black finish wedges coming in, so I am kind of hoping someone has something as well.

I've stripped my RTXs about a dozen times, I use the stripper gel you get from diy stores, current brand I'm using is called NitroMors but most palces have their own version.
Slap it on with a brush, top up after 30 mins, brush away with an old nylon toothbrush about an hour after that.
Not sure how it would affect the black finish tho so go with caution!

I am looking forward to seeing what you will have done when we get to play at Rockliffe.....mine won't have changed, but they are still holding up well despite the abuse they have taken at the range and course

I really need to do my irons as the white line up line and black numbers are starting to come off, Just been looking on the bay for some paint :D

Currently stripped bare! Next job is multi coat and with playing regularly, haven't had a chance.
Not plating this weekend so maybe will have something next week...

Chris, do you put a clear coat on after colour?

Back