Mismatched Clothing Brands

Elty McMillan

Reaction score
Handicap
18ish
So this is more just out of curiosity, and I'm sure I'm in the minority, but does anyone else hate having mismatched brands? I'm not talking clubs, just clothing. I can not for the life of me wear Nike and Adidas or Callaway and Taylormade at the same time. Anyone else have this pet peeve? Or am I being dumb and just need to get over it? Haha

Nah, doesn't really bother me as long as there aren't hugo logos on each article. But I have a buddy who really cannot stand it.

We're all different, nothing wrong at all with it bothering you.

I have a few shirts that are other brands but I prefer Adidas

I have lots of golf apparel and I can tell you I have never even thought about it.
It goes further with my shoes, which is surprising since I have every brand that I could wear, yet never even think of matching it.
I start the other way and decide which THP hat I will be wearing and then match the rest accordingly.

I have lots of golf apparel and I can tell you I have never even thought about it.
It goes further with my shoes, which is surprising since I have every brand that I could wear, yet never even think of matching it.
I start the other way and decide which THP hat I will be wearing and then match the rest accordingly.

This is exactly the way I am. Never really thought about it.

Doesn't bother me. Most of my stuff is mismatched.

I find I don't like pants/shorts from the companies that I really like their shirts. I rarely have a brand matched outfit (not out of preference, more I base it on color matching).

As someone who spends as much extra money as I can on rounds, my wardrobe gets the bargains. As long as it looks decent, I could care less what brand it is. Could be the Ben Hogan brand from Wal Mart or a Nike shirt from the clearance rack. I'm not lucky enough to be picky

I just go far clothes that match and look good, brands don't bother me much at all. One of my buddies won't mismatch brands ever, either all adidas or all nike usually

Ideally I would like yo match. But for me it comes down to cost for clothes. I frequently ponder about a golf wardrobe full of the same brand but then reality sets in and I purchase what's on sale at the time. Lately I've been leaning towards a couple brands though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have never cared. I wear what I like for the day. If They happen to match that day, awesome. But I usually don't think about it.

Doesn't bother me at all

Doesn't bother me, I just focus on color & style working.

As long as they look good together I don't care about the brands.
I never have been accused of being a clothes horse though.

Doesn't bother me, and I don't care about it either. I'm fashion challenged, so I'm lucky if my colors match, let alone brands.

I just want the colors to match. After that, couldn't care in the least

were not on tour ..... i get whatever is on sale that i like most the time. i think most people wouldnt even notice.

I used to have OCD about matching, but now if colors go well I'm good.

Nope, I won't do it. I will not wear an Ashworth shirt, with Nike shorts, and Adidas shoes. Just not going to happen. I have a few things that I consider neutral and they can go with anything, but other than that, all brands match. Luckily I've had this problem for a while so most of wardrobe is designed around it. Even with street clothes I go by the same rules. I wouldn't walk out of the house wearing Adidas sweatpants and Nike shoes.

As OCD as I am, it's never bothered me. I usually wore Polo shirts and Nike shorts/shoes. Now it's Alial Fital shirts, Nike shorts and either Nike or FootJoy shoes. I don't wear Adidas, so that mix matching with Nike wouldn't occur.

Nope, I won't do it. I will not wear an Ashworth shirt, with Nike shorts, and Adidas shoes. Just not going to happen. I have a few things that I consider neutral and they can go with anything, but other than that, all brands match. Luckily I've had this problem for a while so most of wardrobe is designed around it. Even with street clothes I go by the same rules. I wouldn't walk out of the house wearing Adidas sweatpants and Nike shoes.

Same here! I've had this problem for a while as well so my wardrobe is all one brand haha

I don't pay top dollar for any of my golf clothes. I certainly don't want to shell out $80 for the new Adidas shorts, $60 for a shirt and then hat/shoes to match.

I wear whatever matches, I don't sweat the brand.

no issue for me, in fact if I was wearing all of one brand I think I would feel weird. I have brands that fit me better (not many clothing lines design for bowling balls with nubs) so I tend to where more of those brands, but I still have several different options in the old closet.

Now, if I was sponsored by a label, that would be something else.

I wear Ecco shoes most of the time, so it's hard to find clothes to match them. I am a mess. Titleist hat, Ecco shoes, Nike shorts and whatever shirt I happen to put on that day.

It never occurred to me that my shorts and shirts should match. I buy and wear what fits and probably never during a round have had my shorts and shirt match.

Nah, doesn't really bother me as long as there aren't hugo logos on each article. But I have a buddy who really cannot stand it.

We're all different, nothing wrong at all with it bothering you.

This is really the only way I would hesitate mixing brands, I don't think I have ever worn a single brand for all of my clothing ever anyway.

Back