#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Usually you 180 -200 yard club is the best play. Left center is a nice angle to attack the long narrow green
International Hole #4, a shorter Par 4. Big waste bunker to the right of the green.

CGInternational4_zpsd71a088a.jpg

Was gonna say about 200 yards would be my play on that hole - brain waves with Freddie!

Just been catching up on the THP happenings of the day after driving down the Oregon coast today, and love the work and rounds that I see planned in here! I will be taking my second JB challenge this weekend, playing my uncle's country club down in Redding, CA - conditions will be totally different from what I'm used to up in Washington, so it will be a good measure of how I will be able to adapt to different conditions in Florida. And I'm gonna be working my butt off once I return in the practice area to put the finishing touches on my game for the event!!

Little added pressure on the first tee with Harry and Chad watching.

The first tee at any THP event has pressure. But, yes, that would cause the old sphincter to tighten a little more.

#ImStillWithHarry

Got in another "JB Challenge" round today. Went to a course I've only played once before. Played tees that stretched me at 6,497 yards. Shot 39/42 for 81. Was really a solid round but continued to have issues with blowup holes. Had 2 birdies, 11 pars, 1 bogey, 2 doubles, 2 triples. Had 4 penalty strokes in the round. I need to work on the mental side of handling a bad shot like a penalty stroke. I think I press myself on the rest of the hole instead of just playing like I was on previous holes.

Positives from the round - solid putting (30 putts with one 3-putt). Solid tee shots with Driver hitting 12 fairways. 50% scrambling.

Have a lesson tomorrow which I'm very excited about. Looking forward to getting swing and mental tips from my teacher and tightening up my game for #theking.

Jeez Barry, The thought of you with lessons is scary. Glad you're not in the Morgan Cup. But, would love to be your team mate in this.

#ImStillWithHarry

Looks like I'm actually going to get to play golf outside tomorrow. The cow pasture out in Palmer, Alaska is open now, all 9 holes. Grass, no. Layers of clothing, yes. Finally real golf, not in a box, not on a screen. I've actually never played this course, so that is going to be cool. There should be a few holes opened on another local course later this week, so outdoor prep is on.

THP #theking #imwithchad
adyse2yt.jpg

The course nearest me is opening up their grass range today. YEEEEES!!! My poor J40's can't take much more of these rock hard, sandy, imploded 30 year old range mats.

#GoTime

The first tee at any THP event has pressure. But, yes, that would cause the old sphincter to tighten a little more.

#ImStillWithHarry

Yes it does for some. I like to think of it as one golf shot. Nothing more nothing less. Stick the tee in the ground and do what you have prepared for weeks prior.

I plan on piping my drive right down the middle and getting after it. #imwithchad

Panda Tip: I'd spend as mush time on the putting green that you can stand when you arrive. All of the green roll true about a 9 or 10 and all have subtle breaks.

Panda Tip: I'd spend as mush time on the putting green that you can stand when you arrive. All of the green roll true about a 9 or 10 and all have subtle breaks.

Are these greens champion bermuda? That's what my home course has and dude they'll break off the planet right at the hole! :bulgy-eyes: You think the ball is going in or stopping close and then it curls off and ends up eight feet below the hole or worse.

Yes it does for some. I like to think of it as one golf shot. Nothing more nothing less. Stick the tee in the ground and do what you have prepared for weeks prior.

I plan on piping my drive right down the middle and getting after it. #imwithchad

I hope I get the chance to do just that! We'll find out this afternoon.

#ImStillwithHarry

I hope I get the chance to do just that! We'll find out this afternoon.

#ImStillwithHarry

I'm pulling for you to make it Ken, I know how much you wanted entry into this one. Good luck!
I wanted it too but have since committed to another tournament, so I could not back out on my partner.

Just found out I will be participating in my clubs opening tournament on Saturday. It's a bramble format I believe (not positiive on that), but it will be nice to have a competition round in under my belt before taking down the hanging chad's

The course nearest me is opening up their grass range today. YEEEEES!!! My poor J40's can't take much more of these rock hard, sandy, imploded 30 year old range mats.

#GoTime

Nice!! Hoping Padden will be doing the same soon, range mats suck.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Lesson early this morning went great. Really encouraging. Gave me two small things to work on that should improve my distance and consistency. Slight change in position of my left hand grip to stronger. A drill to improve my stability and keep my weight centered over legs (was getting the middle part of my body, think from belly button to knees, to far too the right during my bsckswing).

Going to hit the range this evening to groove my feels and play 9 holes.

Lesson early this morning went great. Really encouraging. Gave me two small things to work on that should improve my distance and consistency. Slight change in position of my left hand grip to stronger. A drill to improve my stability and keep my weight centered over legs (was getting the middle part of my body, think from belly button to knees, to far too the right during my bsckswing).

Going to hit the range this evening to groove my feels and play 9 holes.

Sounds promising Barry! Keep it going...

Lesson today my instructor and I came up with a game plan for every week till the king. He was really impressed with where I was at confidence is building!

me8yzy5u.jpg
Ahh... feels good to be out here doin' work!

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Hit a lot of balls today. Lesson, drive home, do some work, then back to the range this evening for about an hour, then 9 holes. I saw some immediate improvement early in the round, towards the end of the round saw some of the old habits. Shot a 42. More work tomorrow!

Hit a lot of balls today. Lesson, drive home, do some work, then back to the range this evening for about an hour, then 9 holes. I saw some immediate improvement early in the round, towards the end of the round saw some of the old habits. Shot a 42. More work tomorrow!
What are you working on Barry?

What are you working on Barry?

1. Stronger left hand in grip (that's pretty easy). 2. Keeping my weight from going to far too the right on my hipturn/backswing. 3. Getting wrist turn through impact with right hand on top in follow through.

Instructor is happy with everything else in my swing.

Just got in from playing a quick 9 chasing the darkness. I have to say is was pleased with areas of my game that normally aren't great (mid irons) and less than impressed with my Greenside work today. I shot a 45 with 2 pars, and two double bogeys. My putting really saved my behind from any big numbers with 0 3-putts. Felt great to get out there in nicer weather (high 40's) and see improvements from where I was last year.

I also ran into the assistant pro and scheduled a lesson for later next week.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Shane! Welcome to the adventure, you will be a great addiction. See you in less then a month

nice to see the winning team putting in so much work! i hope my putting stays this hot i wanna drain some bombs and ruin some dreams.

International #5: Par 3

CGInternational5_zpsabf3a06a.jpg

Back