Masters Practice Round

Reservoir Dog

Reaction score
Handicap
This is my first post and I'm sure this has been asked before but I need advice and info. I was lucky enough to win four tickets to the practice round and Par 3 Tournament at The Masters in April. Me and three buddies are driving from central Texas to Georgia because we want to stop and play somewhere along the way. Here is where all the questions start. First any recommendations on exceptional (affordable) courses along I-20 in Georgia or South Carolina? Second, recommendations on lodging remotely close to Augusta? Everything I've looked at in or around Augusta is booked or the prices are severely hiked.
Next line of questioning. On Wednesday, what time will we be allowed to park in the lot? I'm so excited I'd spend the night in the pickup if they would let me park there overnight. What time do they open the gates to the course? Where is the best place to put your chair at the par 3 course if your looking for autographs? I'm not a dealer but I love getting autographs just to display. How early does the par 3 course fill up? Any other tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance.

First, welcome to THP!

I know zip about courses to play so I can't help you there.

As far as parking, remember that it is complimentary. Get there when it opens at 8 and you won't have issues. You may put your chair anywhere and that will be your spot! You can park a max of two chairs anywhere you'd like, so if you're there for Wednesday I'd park one where you'd like and enjoy the view!

Welcome to THP!

Never been even though it's on my bucket list. Not sure it's really helpful either but Rick Reilly did this article for last years Masters (I feel like anytime anyone says this Jim Nantz should just appear and say "A tradition unlike any other").

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/mastersreilly2013/guide-day-augusta

I hope you and your buddies enjoy the experience.

Anybody else going to a practice round this year? Looks like me and some buddies will be there Tues/Weds.

I'll be there Monday, weather permitting. Weather forecasts for Augusta on Monday are calling for rain and thunderstorms so I'm hoping it changes over the weekend.

I'll be there Monday, weather permitting. Weather forecasts for Augusta on Monday are calling for rain and thunderstorms so I'm hoping it changes over the weekend.

I'll be there Monday as well. Rain or shine as long as we are allowed in. What happens if rain is so bad they don't let you in?

I'll be there Monday too. I'm with Sparksjr, as long as the gates are open, I will be there.

Same with me. If they open the gates, I'm there. I'm not driving 14 hours just to sleep in a hotel.

I'm going tuesday. It says cameras are allowed but cellphones are not. Is taking your cellphone in to take pictures allowed? I don't have a camera and I wanted to take pictures really bad.

No cell phones period from my past experience. You'll def want photos so I'd borrow one or buy one before making the trip. You are in for a real treat!

I'll be there on Monday. It'll be nasty but I'm just going to bring an umbrella haha. Me and a buddy are driving up to our hotel that's an hour away in swainsboro. Better than getting up 4 hours early and driving to be there when the gates open. I for one am kind of glad "patrons" aren't allowed to bring their phones in. It's a vacation for me and I don't want work to be bothering me. Haha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

latest weather shows heaviest rain in the afternoon. bring an umbrella and dont be late!

Settled down in Aiken SC. 5:30 alarm set and ready to roll. Let's do this!

Just found out a few hours ago that T0AD and I will be attending tomorrow as well. Actually have 2 extra tickets for tomorrow as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just got into the Holiday Inn in Lexington, SC. Left my parents house at 3:30pm on Saturday afternoon, went to Boston for the Red Sox game, and from there drove about 8-9 hours to The Crossings GC in Virginia for a round (102 for the first of the year). Left there and just finished off the last 6 hours of the drive.

Drove through a couple of small patches of rain, but nothing as of right now in Lexington. Any chance ANGC postpones the Monday practice day if the weather is bad?

Weather is fine in Aiken SC right now. All reports are off and on light rain til afternoon then the heavy stuff rolls in.

I'm ready to roll! Going THP silent.

Leaving from Savanah in a few minutes. Very cool and no rain. Hope it stays that way.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Getting ready to roll from Lexington. Will probably be on the road around 7am. Man I slept like a baby for the few hours of sleep I got last night.

Have fun today everyone. ITS MASTERS WEEK!

Using Tapatalk

Heading east on I 20, will be there when the gates open. Misting rain right now.

Beyond envious of you guys lucky enough to be there.

Well the exit off 20 is a parking lot......
But I'm still going inside Augusta National!!!!

I hope the weather holds off for you all. It's nasty here today but hopefully it will pass soon?☔

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back