Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering a complete change of my wedges. Got a fitting tomorrow. Also the Cobra Bio Cell + fairway wood and a Odyssey tank versa... Lot's of ponders even more money :-D

Trying hard to hold off buying the Cleveland 588 3w before I get one at the MC--I swear I was just demoing it to test what I wanted for MC, but it keeps calling me while I sleep...

Adjusting to a new pay schedule sucks. So many ponders I want to fulfill, and not having the money there for it is holding me back.

Altitudes, Shoes, Clothes. Luckily there is a big golf sale at a local course on my next payday!

I really did it this time. Was checking out the Apex 4i to test the Recoil shaft, for possibly putting in my 712U driving iron. The shaft felt great, but need to ponder if it would translate well into the 712U. My guess is yes(?). I currently have an xp95 in now, so it'd be about 30 grams lighter, and graphite.

But....totally forgot how sweet the Apex feel. It sure was an easy 4i to hit, straight and long.

Apex with Recoils. This would be an expensive switch and I like my current iron set a lot. Still, time to mull it over.

At this point, I may get the Recoil for the 712U and things don't work out, I'll try to get my hands on an Apex 3i for it.

Late night pondering with Spring and Sp00n!

Any wedges on the hot list for you Sp00n?

Vokey sm5s in raw black looks nice. But I will go with what feels good/looks good.

Tank thread has me pondering 2Ball putters again.

Also pondering pulling the B. Asha to try it in the X2 Hot. Anyone know how dangerous is it to pull an adapter without a shaft puller?

Last edited:
Pondering a new shaft for my 3w. I don't think stiff flex is helping me any. The diamana ilima is great in my driver but it feels to boardy in my 3w. Something with a bit more torque maybe? Regular flex?

#Endlessponders

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Late night pondering with Spring and Sp00n!

How's the TR treating you Spring?
Any wedges on the hot list for you Sp00n?

Me and Karsten TR have an odd relationship. I'm either a foot short or two feet long. Just can't find my groove with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pondering a new shaft for my 3w. I don't think stiff flex is helping me any. The diamana ilima is great in my driver but it feels to boardy in my 3w. Something with a bit more torque maybe? Regular flex?

#Endlessponders

White Tie

AP1's 5-PW with C-Taper Lites.

I hate liking all of these Titleist products.

White Tie

Always wanted to try a white tie in a FW, expensive ponder though!

I am pretty comfortable right now. Only real ponder has more to do with lofts and set make-up vs. an clubs. I do need to find a shaft to throw in a Bio Cell 6 iron to mess with however.

Anyone know how dangerous is it to pull an adapter without a shaft puller?

I would certainly steer clear of that option if at all possible. If you don't have a puller, the cost of having someone pull it for you and then taking the process from there yourself is much less than risking ruining a shaft you might want to use later.

I want a Baffler XL 3w. Need to test something.

I'm heading to a Callaway demo day at a local course next Saturday, so I will get a chance to see some outside results with the whole 2014 line. That will diminish my pondering quite a bit until my fitting.

I'm heading to a Callaway demo day at a local course next Saturday, so I will get a chance to see some outside results with the whole 2014 line. That will diminish my pondering quite a bit until my fitting.

Nice. Looking forward to seeing what you find.

I'm pondering what to do with the top of my bag for the MC. Alpha will definitely be there. I may try to tinker with the shaft a little. I'll get everything on a LM this time out.

When the Alpha is working, it is pretty darn accurate. But, I'm pondering an X2Hot 2Deep for caledonia. I'm just wondering if it will be a wasted club in the bag.

Now that the weather is turning and I can hit some clubs outdoors, I need to lock down a 3W!

Kind of a big gap at the moment going from driver to Hybrid

Nice. Looking forward to seeing what you find.

I'm pondering what to do with the top of my bag for the MC. Alpha will definitely be there. I may try to tinker with the shaft a little. I'll get everything on a LM this time out.

When the Alpha is working, it is pretty darn accurate. But, I'm pondering an X2Hot 2Deep for caledonia. I'm just wondering if it will be a wasted club in the bag.

As well as you hit a 3w, I don't see the point personally. Not from the yardages we'll likely be playing.

Now that the weather is turning and I can hit some clubs outdoors, I need to lock down a 3W!

What's on the list?

I'm really wanting this bag....might have to make a trip to GG today.

That's a good point Ryan.

Although, interestingly I was hitting the Alpha well enough yesterday (at least towards the end of the round) to not pull 3W on shorter Par 4s. The alpha is really, really solid.

What's on the list?

Bertha
Bio Cell
X2Hot

Ive hit the first 2 but indoors so paid no attention to anything I saw.

I'm a huge fan of the BB 3W. If you like a shallower face, it's really nice. Easy to hit and long.

I'm pondering KBS Tour 90 or PX95 shafts. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back