Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a huge fan of the BB 3W. If you like a shallower face, it's really nice. Easy to hit and long.

Yeah I think having a shallow face would help eliminate my fear of hitting it off the deck from time to time...right now thats a big no no

I'm pondering KBS Tour 90 or PX95 shafts. What do you guys think?

What are you currently playing and what are you trying to achieve?

I think the Tour 90's feel quite a bit better than the PX95's. One set is flighted (95's). Both should deliver higher ball flight than most other steel shafts.

Tour 90s are where its at. Trying to get a better launch?

Hopkins with green and yellow grips, ferrules, paint fill and white shafts. Just wish the chrome heads were available with heel toe grind.

I think the Tour 90's feel quite a bit better than the PX95's. One set is flighted (95's). Both should deliver higher ball flight than most other steel shafts.

Agreed 100% here, the 90's feel fantastic.

Hopkins with green and yellow grips, ferrules, paint fill and white shafts. Just wish the chrome heads were available with heel toe grind.

It is, but it depends on the loft.

The KBS shafts in my new TM CB Tour Preferred irons are excellent. I was skeptical since I've played Project X for so long but I'm in love with the feel of these.

The KBS shafts in my new TM CB Tour Preferred irons are excellent. I was skeptical since I've played Project X for so long but I'm in love with the feel of these.

Night and day, huh?

KBS was the first to show that there really could be "feel" in a steel shaft other than the rebar feel that so many put off. Great iron shaft line.

Been pondering some SM5 wedges lately, especially that 60° K grind.

MXM rossie. I love the head design. I think I am becoming a putter ho.

588 mycustomwedge with a free heel/toe grind.

#wpf

For some reason I want a 13 degree 3 deep. With playing a 4 wood and 2 hybrids I think I can pretty much just eliminate the 5 iron from the bag. I know it would be good off the tee at my home course, but really unsure where else I would use it.

Now that the weather is turning and I can hit some clubs outdoors, I need to lock down a 3W!

Kind of a big gap at the moment going from driver to Hybrid

Mike if I remember correctly you had the Xhot Pro 3W, what did you not like about it that you are making a change?

Sorry, I'm lame. What is #wpf?

ddec, I got nothing there. 3Deep did zero for me.

#wpf= wedge ponder Friday

Visiting my local Titleist Advanced fitting center and trying all the different SM5 grind options. Titleist has really stepped up on their wedge fitting program at their Advanced fitting centers. Really considering going that route when I get wedge fit.

ddec, I got nothing there. 3Deep did zero for me.

I'm sure it wouldn't do much for me either. I'm certainly not the target demo for it. But the thought has been in my mind for a couple weeks now.

For some reason I want a 13 degree 3 deep. With playing a 4 wood and 2 hybrids I think I can pretty much just eliminate the 5 iron from the bag. I know it would be good off the tee at my home course, but really unsure where else I would use it.
This is an interesting ponder. You're really solid off the tee with your driver as far as I can tell, just looking for a second option?

I forgot that I hit your x hot 4 wood pretty good the other night. Is that not an option off the tee?

I'm sure it wouldn't do much for me either. I'm certainly not the target demo for it. But the thought has been in my mind for a couple weeks now.

Very surprising to me. As someone that is plays similar distance that I do, and is pretty straight off the tee like you are, what would the benefit be for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back