Odyssey V-Line Tank Cruiser - THP Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
This one has come in for a THP Homepage review, at 38" with a full counterbalance setup and adjustable weight kit with options for both the head and the butt of the putter it is clear that Odyssey is looking to put the science behind the counterbalance putter.

About the V-Line Cruiser:

The Tank Cruiser V-Line Putter is a perimeter-weighted mallet with a double-bend shaft and a modified Hi-Def alignment system. Adjustable weighting. Weight kit included.

The V-Line Cruiser is RH only, full shaft offset mallet putter, 70* Lie angle, availible in 35" or 38" models, and with the weight kit has a head weight from 365g to 385g.

About the Tank Cruiser Line:
Find Your Balance

Tank Cruiser is bringing out the BIG guns with a new level of fitting options in the most technological counterbalanced putter in golf. You’re getting adjustable weighting in the head (to customize feel) AND at the counterbalance level (to customize stability) from a putter that’s driven by Tour feedback. So you’ll dial in your balance better than ever for your most consistent stroke.

Adjustable Counterbalance Design

Find the balance you like. The adjustable head weights (10g, 15g, 20g) allow you to adjust the head weight to 365g, 375g or 385g. The counterbalance weights (5g, 15g, 30g) let you to dial in your putter balance so that it’s exactly how you want it to feel. Get ready for your most consistent stroke.

Tour Proven White Hot Insert

It’s highly engineered for consistent sound, feel and performance across the striking surface. It’s the #1 Insert on Tour and it’s picked up victories all over the world.

New 15” SuperStroke Grip

A new longer version of the SuperStroke Grip, with Odyssey branding combining the fastest growing grip on Tour with the #1 Putter Brand.

In-Hand Pictures:

DSC_0218-L.jpg

DSC_0189-L.jpg

DSC_0201-L.jpg

DSC_0188-L.jpg

DSC_0194-L.jpg

DSC_0195-L.jpg

DSC_0203-L.jpg

DSC_0209-L.jpg

DSC_0205-L.jpg

DSC_0216-L.jpg

DSC_0210-L.jpg

DSC_0211-L.jpg

DSC_0213-L.jpg

DSC_0212-L.jpg

DSC_0214-L.jpg

DSC_0215-L.jpg

DSC_0219-L.jpg

DSC_0187-L.jpg

DSC_0186-L.jpg

• Staff
Pics should be all fixed now.

Mmm, looks nice!!! Curious as to why they didn't allow the weight of the head to go all the way to 400g and the grip up to 50g like in the Tank...

Whoa...tons of tech and a look that really works for me. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on performance.

• Staff
Mmm, looks nice!!! Curious as to why they didn't allow the weight of the head to go all the way to 400g and the grip up to 50g like in the Tank...

IIRC the Tanks feature a standard grip and not the 15" grip which adds weight in the back end, also the Tank Cruiser line was intended to be in a different weight and balance range than the full Tank line, that I believe is the reason for the 400g head vs the 385g. Plus with this one total adjustability is the big thing where the Tank's are set. They put a lot of R&D into this line, its pretty cool to see that with these they didn't just want to slap weight on the ends and instead wanted something completely tunable for the user.

• Staff
Whoa...tons of tech and a look that really works for me. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on performance.

This insert is just something else for me.

Been rolling it on the Tour Links this morning and have already taken the weights up to their max at both ends, its quite the setup.

This putter looks money! Can't wait to see how this performs!

Really looking forward to your thoughts on this one. In particular the weight adjustments and how you think it affects the balance of the putter.

My Tank has the 15" grip... The adjustability of this is what I was getting at: take it all the way up to the Tank levels, or not. Instead of being stuck at 400g/50g, can have a little less, but can also have that amount too. I like the idea of it for sure! I love a counter weighted putter! Anyway, I like this V-Line a lot!!! Great looking head!

Is the balance point of this within 6" of the head? Sabella mentioned at the Grandaddy that the difference between other OEM counter balanced putters and Odyssey is that Odyssey keeps the balance point at the same distance from the head as a standard putter... Curious if that's also the case here after you mentioned balance...

The look reminds me a lot of the black SC GoLo

Oh my. I want that in a bad way. That sets up just about as nice as an putter I have ever seen

That looks great. I really love that odyssey SS.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and how the V-line sets up for you.

My Tank has the 15" grip... The adjustability of this is what I was getting at: take it all the way up to the Tank levels, or not. Instead of being stuck at 400g/50g, can have a little less, but can also have that amount too. I like the idea of it for sure! I love a counter weighted putter! Anyway, I like this V-Line a lot!!! Great looking head!

Is the balance point of this within 6" of the head? Sabella mentioned at the Grandaddy that the difference between other OEM counter balanced putters and Odyssey is that Odyssey keeps the balance point at the same distance from the head as a standard putter... Curious if that's also the case here after you mentioned balance...

Your Tank does, but your Tank isn't exactly an off the rack one :alien:

The balance point will vary depending on what weights are in it, so if the 30g weight is in the butt of the putter but the lightest weights (10g ea) are in the head then it will shift a bit towards the grip and so on, really lets the user dial in where they are most comfortable with it being. Heck you can even put no weight in the butt end of the putter with the kit leaving just the weight of the grip as the counter rather than the 15g or 30g weights. Fantastic idea for sure.

Oh my. I want that in a bad way. That sets up just about as nice as an putter I have ever seen

I will openly admit, I saw mallet HC and instantly hoped #7, but that went away quite quickly after setting this up at address. My first experience with the V-Line head.

Oh, my.

I'm seriously pondering that putter. I like the look of the v-line head, and the superstroke grip is a very nice addition as well. The adjustable CB is a remarkable addition to this line of putters.

I like the insert as well. As much as I want to love the MXM face (and I really do want to love it), I think I'm ultimately an insert guy.

Very interested to hear your thoughts on how this one performs, James. I'm particularly interested in the long distance control.

Very interesting for sure...I haven't really tried a counter balance putter, but I rolled OITW's Counter Balanced Spider last week and was very intrigued...I might have to take a look at one of these.

Very interesting for sure...I haven't really tried a counter balance putter, but I rolled OITW's Counter Balanced Spider last week and was very intrigued...I might have to take a look at one of these.

Tim, you need to look at the #7 version, you should use nothing but a #7, lethal you are with it.

Tim, you need to look at the #7 version, you should use nothing but a #7, lethal you are with it.

The fee times I've played with Tim he rolled my MXM7 and was rolling it well. #7 might be the answer Tim.

I'm not normally a fan of inserts, but the look of this has me intrigued. Not to mention this CB business.....seems a big lush is happening with that too. I don't need another putter....however you never know unless you try it.

The fee times I've played with Tim he rolled my MXM7 and was rolling it well. #7 might be the answer Tim.

2 MC's ago TBT broke hearts with one. Should've never left it, haha

I'm not normally a fan of inserts, but the look of this has me intrigued. Not to mention this CB business.....seems a big lush is happening with that too. I don't need another putter....however you never know unless you try it.

Everyone needs more putters, the world would be a happier place with more putters. :alien:

Looks incredible James, I can't wait to see how it performs for you!

Everyone needs more putters, the world would be a happier place with more putters. :alien:
Hahaha. But of course! Enabler is only one of your many positive traits

Love all the tech put into this one. This looks like a head shape I would enjoy but do wish it had a line on that front edge for alignment.

More important than a line though is how this thing rolls, I'm all in on CB's and while I wish it was a straight shaft I still want to roll it.

I would absolutely love to roll this thing. While the Cruiser #1 looked great, I'm a mallet putter all the way.

Back