Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother in law put one in the water at TPC of Tampa Bay, then hit teed one up and hit it into the hole for a smooth par a couple years ago.

I have a good friend who had that same thing happen to him. He has never had a HIO.

Mine was yesterday. Long par 5, hit a great drive down the right middle of the fairway with 204 left to the pin. It's an uphill shot and a little down wind. I decided a 5i would be a perfect club because it was front pin and if you go long your dead because of what's behind the green and the slope of the green. (I've been playing poorly all day and just figured my swing out the hole before) I took a nice confident swing at it, started just right of the pin with a slight draw and looked perfect. I couldn't see exactly where it hit because of the slope but I knew if it was the right distance it was going to be perfect. The ball hit about 5 feet left of the pin and with the slope ended about 3 feet behind. Slippery putt back down the hill be made it for a great Eagle....too bad I only had three holes left.

Eagle on par 4 from 109 took pw into the wind with a hill backstop, backed it up into the hole. Playing with Big Time, he was good luck, tied my PB at this course!

Eagle on par 4 from 109 took pw into the wind with a hill backstop, backed it up into the hole. Playing with Big Time, he was good luck, tied my PB at this course!

Congrats on the hole out and PB!

Hole #7 at RVR is my best friend. Seriously, if I could only play every hole as consistently well as I do that one. After popping a 1h off the tee to the left side of the fairway, I was left with 85yds to the pin over a massive bunker and I walked up to find this...

uploadfromtaptalk1396659971613.jpg

I was also really proud of a 122yd 9i to 13ft out of a fairway bunker. Fairway traps have always been a thorn in my side. That was fun.

It was awesome. Now you see it, now you don't. Made a 20 footer for birdie was about all I had as my best. A whole bunch of pars before and after that which isn't all bad.

Par 3, 156 yards and put 7 iron six feet past the hole. Felt great! Missed putt LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2e6atuzu.jpg

145 yard par 3, 3/4 52* (bent to 50*), pin tucked in a far corner of a weirdly shaped small green. Bunker in front and behind. I hit my ball and think it is good. The base of the flag is not visible from the tee. I walk up to the green and my ball had landed 3 feet behind the hole and ended up spinning back to 2 feet in front. First round with the DG Spinners on my wedges. Boom de la boom.

Tapping from my IPhone

Made a 60 foot putt for birdie on number one.

Just did this on par 3 13th from 110. Another birdie.

From this past Sunday's round (3/31), my best shot was on #6. It's a straight, uphill par 4 that's blind from the tee. Center cut from the silver tees on this hole is a small, pinched area that sits in a "saddle", basically the low area between two hills. I tee up, go through my pre-shot routine, and proceed to absolutely crush my tee shot. A high butter cut into the teeth of about a 12-15 mph breeze that held its line perfectly put me on the number for my average 7-iron. I pured said 7-iron to 7' left of the cup, pin-high, for birdie. Made the putt for my second tweeter of the front nine!

Best shot for today probably was my 50* wedge on #2 to about two feet. Peppered a 3w out to the middle, threw a dart, and made a putt. Great stuff.

Best shot for today probably was my 50* wedge on #2 to about two feet. Peppered a 3w out to the middle, threw a dart, and made a putt. Great stuff.
I just started gaming a 50 this year.... It's my favorite wedge in the bag!

17th, par 3 from 140. Also the closest to the pin hole for the tournament. Made birdie.

My best shot of the round was the 2 deep from the fairway from 264 slightly uphill with a crossing wind to 20'. Left the eagle putt short tap in birdie

Best shot of my round was on #9 I was 101 yds out bladed a 58* wedge through the green side bunker to within 4 ft (one putted for bird, first of the year)

Using Tapatalk

I totally blew my tee shot to the right. This hole is narrow, and very steep uphill, elevation is about 70 yards. 370 yards long, with 70 yard elevation...HCP 1. I put my drive about 230 yards behind an old green. Between my ball and the green is a thick bunch of trees, like full grown trees. No holes, two option play back towards the tee, or go over. I had maybe 140-150 left, uphill, but I needed to get the ball high. Iron 7, watched it fly, over the trees with a decent direction. Didn't see the landing, but I was sure it wasn't bad.

It ended up maybe 8 yards from the green, 15 from the flag, chipped to 5 inches from the cup, putted par and was happy as a clam. This hole is hard, bogey can be considered a good result, for anyone.

u3agunav.jpg

Par 3 205, playing closer to 190 with the wind at our back and from the left. Hit a beautiful baby draw that held the pin against the wind. Ball bounced in the middle of the green and released right past the pin to 8 feet. Missed the birdie putt mainly due to a huge gust of wind that blew the ball off line

Par 5 9th at Eagle Pointe missed fairway left but had opening to the green from 224 pulled out the Adams pro hybrid one hop onto the green and 12 feet for eagle which went long but tapped in the birdie.

Missed the third par 3 green a little short, had an uphill chip with very little green till the flag. Popped a little 58 degree wedge up to the fringe and it released into the cup for a bird! :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Hit the 5h into the breeze to 6 feet and dropped the putt.

111 out put a 59* wedge to 6in for a kick in birdie!

Bad day, best shot was a crazy 30 foot putt to save a double. Every thing else was kind of bleh.

Also my shot of the year so far: Hole 17, 145 yard par 3. Hit a chunky pull with a 7 iron way left, almost to the fair way of 16. Chunked a PW to about 40 yards, still way down the hill away from the green. Hit a PW that landed on the fringe, and according to the commentary, I was going to like it, it's rolling to the hole, it's in! Par the hard way.

Never saw it after the bounce off the fringe.

My drive on the 9th cut into the wind and landed in the 1st fairway. With 116 to go into the wind I hit a beauty of a gap wedge that hit just past the flag, hopped back into the pin bounced 6in away for a tap in birdie.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back