Ultimate Club Testing - Hopkins Wedges - Bradenton/Sarasota

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Over the last few weeks there has been talk about a mini event so to speak, involving 8 THPers, Hopkins Wedges, live testing and more. Here are the details of the get together and we are looking for THPers to come down and join in on the fun.

When & Where
May 17th
Bradenton, FL
Course TBA

Equipment Being Tested
Hopkins wedges
We have 8 wedges in 2 different grinds and each participant will receive a brand new wedge.
At the end of the day, you get to keep your newly tested equipment.

Itinerary
Saturday Morning - Range time. Short game area with launch monitor for wedge play, spin tests and more.
Saturday Late Morning - Round of golf w/ new wedge in play.
Saturday evening - Dinner at local restaurant.

Signing Up
THP Ultimate Club Testing is available for 2014 Albatross Club Members only.
If you are not a member, you can sign up here.
You must have a smart phone for updates on Tapatalk in a live update thread.

Signup will be tomorrow at 9am EST. The first 8 that get in will be able to receive wedges and join in on the fun. Instructions on how to sign up will be posted at exactly 9am tomorrow in this thread (updated 1st post)

We will work hard to keep the course cost low for all of those that want to come. Outside of your golf and food, there are no costs for you.

Update
Signup Is Now Open
Send an email to admin@thehackersparadise.com
Include this info
Your full name
Your THP Screen Name
What brand wedges you play
What loft wedges you play

Participants
Mward
Troyefl
Pudge
Jim54
Ag2979
War Eagle
Wake
Greg Kulbick

2emudyre.jpg

u7e9eqe6.jpg

Last edited:
Working on my calendar and schedule today. Hopefully I can make this one work. It will be a fun road trip.

That's going to be an awesome event! I wish I was down in Florida that weekend.

Looking at the schedule this morning. Would be a treat to make it back to Florida for another weekend with THP fun!

wonder if my wife would let me extend the Cali trip lol

Sweet! Tomorrow morning it is!

• Admin
No No No. Im not changing that flight we booked.

Oh I know, it was a joke since Im gone here and there in May quite a bit

This is gonna be really cool

So nice looking. I have been pondering one of these for a while. I can't tell you how many I've built on the website only to back out.

Tomorrow at nine a.m. Hmmm. I can probably still make my tee time for this weekend's tournament. Have to see if I can make this work.

Those who are available to enter are in for a treat and will get some great wedges.

I like the itinerary, Hope to be one of the 8. The first club testing was a lot of fun.

JB, Charge the GoPro

I like the itinerary, Hope to be one of the 8. The first club testing was a lot of fun.

JB, Charge the GoPro

It will be ready to go.

JB do you ever use the launch monitor for wedge testing?

So awesome. Love seeing Hopkins getting in on the THP action!

Such a cool event, I can't wait to follow along.

Short game area with launch monitor for wedge play, spin tests and more.

Thanks JB.

I have not paid attention to LM data and wedges. Maybe I should

Short game area with launch monitor for wedge play, spin tests and more.
I do not believe he was talking about this specific event, I believe he was talking about in general when JB has the LM at the range.

Thanks JB.

I have not paid attention to LM data and wedges. Maybe I should

I know he was talking about using the monitor on the "JB Short Game" thread to discuss the spin he received from different golf balls.

Which leads me to this thought. Since the ball matters when it comes to spin, wouldn't range balls throw off those results

Which leads me to this thought. Since the ball matters when it comes to spin, wouldn't range balls throw off those results

I dont recall mentioning the use of range balls.

I dont recall mentioning the use of range balls.

I like this. That should really help in your testing.

No so long as you are using the same balls with each club. You will at least get club vs club comparison. And by the sounds of it, people might get to use their own balls in the short-game area.

Back