2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

Good point Kevin. Every Trip experience I've followed on here THP'ers and the staff do a great job of updating.

However it shouldn't be so much that it distracts the participants from taking it all in. After all for most it will be a once in a lifetime chance.

The recaps afterward are awesome.

When the golf started, I put my phone away. JB and GG did well with keeping pictures and some on-course updates coming, but I had no intention of living the experience through a lense.

When the golf started, I put my phone away. JB and GG did well with keeping pictures and some on-course updates coming, but I had no intention of living the experience through a lense.

Its the same reason we do not allow cell phones on the course at the Morgan Cup by participants.

I thought the coverage by JB and GG was great, and I was on line for every minute of it. I agree the participants need to be concentrating on the match and bringing that trophy home to THP!

2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

I can't disagree with most of what has been said against video on course but I still think video of the fittings could be done in a manner that doesn't distract the participants and still lets the rest of us look in on a process we will most likely never experience.

I can't disagree with most of what has been said against video on course but I still think video of the fittings could be done in a manner that doesn't distract the participants and still let's the rest of us look in on a process we will most likely never experience.

Absolutely.

I agree, the on course focus needs to be there, but I loved watching the videos and photos of the bus rides back and forth and the after golf festivities.

You guys all did an amazing job last year, it made me feel like I was right there with you, and the photos from Morgan and Josh during the event were awesome, especially the hospitality stations!

I can't disagree with most of what has been said against video on course but I still think video of the fittings could be done in a manner that doesn't distract the participants and still lets the rest of us look in on a process we will most likely never experience.

Keep in mind that sometimes equipment that is seen at the Grandaddy is pre-release and THP has a policy in honoring embargo dates. So in that case, this would not work, however I believe this past year, most had been previewed.

Same here.

I tried to take a few photos of the course here and there, and I occasionally made a status post. But, I was really trying to soak everything in while I was there.

I'm in no position to critique anything here. This will be incredible no matter what. I only hope I get to participate. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Keep in mind that sometimes equipment that is seen at the Grandaddy is pre-release and THP has a policy in honoring embargo dates. So in that case, this would not work, however I believe this past year, most had been previewed.

I would be happy to assist in editing it out :).

Its the same reason we do not allow cell phones on the course at the Morgan Cup by participants.

So IPads are out of the question then j/k

So, this was on my mind all day yesterday as I practiced and played.

We saw clear as day just how special it really is the first go-round, it truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Its crazy to wrap my head around, but I can't wait to see who I'll be wrapping my head around it with, thats for sure.

We saw clear as day just how special it really is the first go-round, it truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Its crazy to wrap my head around, but I can't wait to see who I'll be wrapping my head around it with, thats for sure.

I think you at Callaway HQ would be worth the price of admission

I think you at Callaway HQ would be worth the price of admission

Still one of my favorite memories at ECPC was early in the tour while we were looking around the club making room and Harry was putting a grip on one of his clubs. I saw a BB 3W with some tape and other tinkering (remember, this was pre-release). I asked Harry if I could pick it up (expecting him to politely say, "Keep your filthy Internet hands off of our stuff"). Instead, Harry just said, "Sure, do whatever you want."

That was the moment that the lightbulb went off in my mind that this was not going to be a polite, look-but-don't-touch tour. A definite "aha" moment at the ECPC.

So... When are we going back?

Once you see your team starting to take shape, I have no doubt the bonds you all will create even before you get there will be incredible.

In about 4 weeks. Oh wait.

If you see a tank cruiser Versa two-ball laying around, I think that is the one that the ZooCrew was going to let me demo before the MC.

Of course, everyone will look at you like you're crazy and tell you that they do not, in fact, have anything waiting for me. The words "restraining order" and "ten mile radius" may also be used.

Those guys are such jokesters...

(Seriously, though, have a lot of breakfast sliders for me while you're out there. All of them.)

Not heading to the Hideaway buddy. Just to Callaway Golf

But I thought breakfast sliders were a west coast thing. Are they only a Hideaway thing?

If so, the event can't be moved. Breakfast sliders are a must.

Opportunities like this were less than imaginable before THP. It was stuff you heard about in passing but never got to truly hear or even experience first hand. The time, effort and generosity of everyone involved is incredible and appreciated, even from me watching from afar. So excited for the opportunity to try and get into the Dos!! 'California Dreaming' for sure....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Its funny the things I learned when going through through all the Granddaddy thread goodness during the event

Did I know a course like the Hideaway existed? Nope. Its hard to envision, when all we have here are pasture courses where service is terrible. The lush grass, perfect greens, and the level of customer care. Just in awe of all of it.

Was Breakfast Slider anywhere in my vocabulary? Sure wasn't.

Are glass doors really that difficult to notice/avoid?

That and so much more.... I can't even imagine what I might learn while following this year's event!

I'm bumping this because I'm EXTREMELY EXCITED about this event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I thought breakfast sliders were a west coast thing. Are they only a Hideaway thing?

If so, the event can't be moved. Breakfast sliders are a must.

Not a WC thing

Not a WC thing

Somebody needs to change this.

Also, The Dos must be at Hideaway now. Can't imagine the Grandaddy being without breakfast sliders.

Back