Top five Seemore Putters if you had to choose? Center shafted or mallet style?

taylorvan22

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking to demo out some SeeMore putters as I've never really rolled with anything other then a Scotty or a Betti.

I'd like to get some feedback. I just recently started rolling center shafted going from a 1.5 neck, and the results are improving, so I'd like to broaden my array or putter options.

What in your experience would be consider top 3 SeeMore putters, (CS or mallet style) to demo out side by side.

Love to hear your take on a 3 putter options for a demo session.

I'm rolling a newport 2.6 and a Betti SS12.

let's hear it!

Last edited:
Big fan of the mfgp and the fgp. I'd say those two in different colors or lengths to get me to my five haha

the mfgp2 might be on your list if you are going mallet. I'd say that's my third.

mFGP and mFGP2 are awesome. I am partial to the M2 and M3 as well.

FGP2/mFGP2
FGP/mFGP
m2/X2

I really love Seemore putters and the SPi method. Because putter are almost interchangeable.

With that said. My top 3 for demoing:

Ptm1
X2
Mfgp2

I tend to gravitate to heel shafted putters but adore the FGP models.

I'm gonna list 1 since you mentioned CS or mallet.

m5x CS

It's CS and mallet, phenomenal putter.

m9, mfgp, or m2

I'm gonna list 1 since you mentioned CS or mallet.

m5x CS

It's CS and mallet, phenomenal putter.

Am Intrigued. I'm starting to see a trend building as well, I'm going to let this thing play out for opening day Master's and see what top 3 putters get mentioned in this thread, and roll with the punches with those 3 for a demo day out at angeles national.

Keep them coming, thanks!

MFGP2, its their most popular mallet shape for a reason. Simple yet effective.

I used to be a heel-shafted guy, but once bought a center-shafted SeeMore and have since owned nothing else.

I love my mFGP, and the PTM3 before it.

This thread makes me smile. So many similar answers but so many different opinions. Which should point to the awesomeness of SPi.

MFGP2, its their most popular mallet shape for a reason. Simple yet effective.
Is it their most popular? I could have sworn it was the FGP style in general with the FGP2 style in second.

Anyways, as far as I'm concerned if you are going to try them the top two need to be the FGP (any style, FGP, PTM, or mFGP) and the FGP2 (any style, FGP2, PTM3, or mFGP2) as they are the "patriarch's" if you will.

After that, its all about what fits your eye, in the end that is the most important thing. For me it would be m1, m7, and then DB4x.

Onecs, ptm3, mfgp2 my opinion. Seriously though you really cant go wrong

Is it their most popular? I could have sworn it was the FGP style in general with the FGP2 style in second.

They posted on facebook last week IIRC that is was the most popular MALLET shape. Thats what I based it off of.

Anyways, as far as I'm concerned if you are going to try them the top two need to be the FGP (any style, FGP, PTM, or mFGP) and the FGP2 (any style, FGP2, PTM3, or mFGP2) as they are the "patriarch's" if you will.

After that, its all about what fits your eye, in the end that is the most important thing. For me it would be m1, m7, and then DB4x.

Mixing in some rst2 is a really smart idea. It really opened my eyes about how to properly use a plumbers neck

They posted on facebook last week IIRC that is was the most popular MALLET shape. Thats what I based it off of.

Well pardon me. Since he said CS or mallet and the FGP is CS I was thinking about both. Whoops, my bad.

Well pardon me. Since he said CS or mallet and the FGP is CS I was thinking about both. Whoops, my bad.

how dare you!

Good point, I forgot they were mutually exclusive. I gave him my top one in my experience, but I havent spent much time with the whistle shaft in the mFGP2 so it probably isnt as good.

I like the Si2. I like the shape and feel of it.

Top five Seemore Putters if you had to choose? Center shafted or mallet style?

I'm very new to the Seemore thing, and I've been totally converted. Each person is different, people like different shapes, different feels, so asking which are the best is a matter of personal opinion. I however rolled a few before settling on the PTM3. I tried the FGP, big FGP and the PCB and of course the PTM3.
All felt gorgeous off the face. Soft yet with a nice audible click even with a soft ball.
I was holing everything with the PCB, but like the FGP, the bladed head felt very small to me. It also looked a little too much like just a lump of metal on the end of a stick to me. That was probably because I wasn't used to the centre shafted head. But as I say, both, especially the PCB performed and felt great.
The big FGP was a large mallet. Easy to line up, again great feeling, was just a little large for me.
The PTM3 is a mid mallet, like the FGP but with a small extension to the back. I freaking love this putter! The centre shaft makes it a piece of cake to square up, the milled face is beautiful and is great for long lag putting. It is a little lighter though than other putters, certainly lighter than the Ping Scottsdale Anser 2 TR that I exchanged the Seemore for, but then the Ping was a heavy putter.
I'm a fan, probably for life!

If I were to game a Seemore, it would be the center shafted m5 in gunmetal.

Oh man, See more overload!! Thanks for all the great suggestions and info guys, you all really know your seemore gear.

I was in a golf shop yesterday waiting for a buddy, and started rolling some seemore. They had an limited inventory so the options were bleek.

I did roll the RST2 and the M5X gun metal and have to say that the M5x so far is the ticket. The feel off the face was soft but still responsive so I could still feel the ball. The line up on the M5X fit my eye better then the RST2.

RST 2 was a little easier to control from 20 feet out (or as long as the golfsmith putting green would allow) as lag was a little easier to maintain.

the M5x was money from 10 feet in, center balance feel and control was very similiar to a del mar.

I'm going to test out the FGP styles, and I'll let you know which one comes home to compete for a place in the bag.

Thanks for all the great input everyone, really helped me out in options and more so, education.

Enjoy the Masters, IMO, think Scott goes back to back!

Whatcha y'all think?

Back