Tour Edge Exotics CB-Proh Driving Iron Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Very solid review Jman, were I younger I would give this a try, I remember liking my long irons better than woods back in the day. TEE seems to always be offering some great products.

Another quality offering by Tour Edge. This is definitely something I would want to have in the bag on courses where I would be hitting a long iron off the tee and just needed to find a fairway. Also, this looks versatile enough to be used from the deck.

Great review Jman, this is something that probably wouldn't suit my game, but it sounds like the driving iron is making a comeback and there is a market out there for it.

Good review Jman. I hit this Saturday at a demo. It is pretty easy to hit and sounded pretty good too. I agree that this could be a great option for those who are on the fence between long irons and hybrids.

Great thoughts here James. At first glance, this club looked scary but once I saw the thicker top line and a head a bit beefy it changed my thoughts a bit.

It was a performer for you and also glad to see that it could be played off the deck....fantastic for lower running punch shots, etc.

Very cool. I could see a 3 or 4 iron like this making it's way into my bag soon and this iron looks very nice too. Would you say that this 4i would be easier or harder to elevate than a typical GI 4i Jman?

Loved the review James. Looks like a very good offering from TEE. A lot of tech packed into that little iron, which I'm sure can put the ball out there a long ways. Nice to see that it is pretty forgiving too.

Great review James. Nice to see you found this very getable off the turf. With this style club, it's always a concern. But I like that trailing edge relief that designed into it.

Great review Jman, I think the target for a club like this is getting smaller and smaller every year but there are still players that prefer a long iron/driving iron to a hybrid. Sounds like those who do should definitely check this one out!

Very cool. I could see a 3 or 4 iron like this making it's way into my bag soon and this iron looks very nice too. Would you say that this 4i would be easier or harder to elevate than a typical GI 4i Jman?

Eh, it was about the same as my i25 4i to be honest elevation wise, it was longer though.

Great review Jman, I think the target for a club like this is getting smaller and smaller every year but there are still players that prefer a long iron/driving iron to a hybrid. Sounds like those who do should definitely check this one out!

I agree Jake, its a niche market in every sense of the word, especially with hybrids getting as accepted and just flat out good as they have been. Smart move to make it part of a set or separate though rather than throwing it out there as a one off club, might soften the blow for them a bit. I personally just don't see the reason for driving irons anymore, and I was a big time supporter/addict/fanboy of them for a while too, for MY game, there is more to be gained from a hybrid.

I loved my driving iron/hybrid iron when I started playing, this looks like it might need to be high on my ponder list. I'm curious how it might work on longer par 3s and short par 4s that I want to be strategic with my tee shot.

I loved my driving iron/hybrid iron when I started playing, this looks like it might need to be high on my ponder list. I'm curious how it might work on longer par 3s and short par 4s that I want to be strategic with my tee shot.

Honestly, I think most should just go hybrid. A lot of these is going to come back to swing-speed to get the most out of them, just like a long iron. Yes, its more forgiving and has more launch, but one still has to have that consistency to take advantage of it IMO.

Great review
these as many others seem to have that Rocketballz iron look to them which were very easy to hit also nice to see the cost is reasonable

Would you say this club would be similar to the old Mizuno Fli-Hi's? I used to have an 18* Fli-hi that I loved.

Great review by the way!

Great review
these as many others seem to have that Rocketballz iron look to them which were very easy to hit also nice to see the cost is reasonable

The price point is indeed nice. That stands out a ton IMO.

Would you say this club would be similar to the old Mizuno Fli-Hi's? I used to have an 18* Fli-hi that I loved.

For me, very similar from the old Fli-Hi's I have hit. Both in appearance at address in a lot of ways and general performance. Which is a good thing for many I would venture.

I like it man, great review as usual buddy. For a minute I felt like you were talking directly to me lol.

Nice review James. I have to say I'd love to hit this thing at some point - I have always been a fan of long irons, although I have come to my senses on my ability to hit them well haha.

Also, a really nice thing about this vs. a hybrid - the price point is much nicer at $99. That alone could persuade me to take a look for mid iron replacement.

Honestly, I think most should just go hybrid. A lot of these is going to come back to swing-speed to get the most out of them, just like a long iron. Yes, its more forgiving and has more launch, but one still has to have that consistency to take advantage of it IMO.

That makes a ton of sense. I do like the simplicity of the look at address. Do you think it seems more or less appealing than a hybrid? Or does it all come down to personal preference?

That makes a ton of sense. I do like the simplicity of the look at address. Do you think it seems more or less appealing than a hybrid? Or does it all come down to personal preference?

Def personal preference. Its all about what ones eye likes the most there.

I like it man, great review as usual buddy. For a minute I felt like you were talking directly to me lol.

Me too. And that price point is veeerrrryyyy attractive..

Great review Jman.
I used to hit a 2 iron and hit it pretty well. With the introduction of the hybrids a few years ago, I put aside the 2 iron and never looked back.
If I get a chance to hit one of these, maybe my mind would change.
Thanks again for a very informative review.

Really like this look of this. Thanks for the review! I have a hole at my regular course which is very straight, but very very narrow and fall from left to right. If you are right, you roll down 20ft below the level of the fairway/green. I'd love to have this in the bag just for that hole to drive and ensure I was well left and had more control. Currently hit a 4 on there just because thats all I have. Interesting... budget kills me though haha

A little bump for this one. I've been gaming the 2 for a while now and it has become my go-to option off the tee. I played 9 yesterday after work and only hit the 2 off the tee as the front 9 doesn't set up well for driver for me. I found the middle of 6/7 fairways and just off on the other. Off the tee, it's a monster. Off the deck, I'm not hitting it as high or as soft as my 5w, but for what I get off the tee, it's a trade off worth making for me. More and more guys seem to be looking at the driving irons, and while this one won't garner the attention of some of the others, it's worth looking into especially at the prices you can find them at.

Another bump.

I am getting the 24* to replace the 4i in my current set. I typically don't do this, but I am pretty much getting this sight unseen. Is the 4i slightly less beefy looking than the 2i?

Back