New Game Golf system

Review for this one is wrapped up. Of course, it's all glowing and positive since that's all we do here. Where's that stupid alien face when you need it?

HAHA, cant wait to see this one

HAHA, cant wait to see this one

Ha! I just loathe the ignorant at times. Must be hungry from my light lunch.

It's actually a pretty awesome idea with a ton of potential. Some improvements to be made as well.

Man that really sucks Doug

They are taking care of replacing them for me at no charge. Just missing one club by using the extras. All good. Wish they would hurry up with the editing options. Putter off green doesn't help that much, Need total access, lol

Why is that?

Well jeez man. Play it or sell it before it's obsolete lol!

LOL...I know, I need to make a decision.

It's fun to have, but there are some downsides to think about (since you haven't opened it).

Sort of painstaking going back and editing a round.
You pretty much have to edit a round every time.
Stats tracked are pretty weak right now imo.
The social aspect is not really a yes/no option.

It's fun to have, but there are some downsides to think about (since you haven't opened it).

Sort of painstaking going back and editing a round.
You pretty much have to edit a round every time.
Stats tracked are pretty weak right now imo.
The social aspect is not really a yes/no option.

Whats up with the need for edits?

Still loving mine and don't see myself getting rid of it ever. Took me 3 rounds to get use to using it on every shot but now its second nature. Seeing your true averages is just awesome and the percentages for GIR and FIR are great. Last round I didn't have to edit one thing. Someone mentioned using one of the extra tags for a misc club and that is just genius. I like to use my 9i and 8i for bump and runs around the green so using the misc tag doesn't mess up the averages. Its also good for punching out from behind a tree with a 6i.

I have found it is difficult to tag correctly 100% of the time. My last round I only had to edit a couple of shots. I didn't find it as painstaking as maybe Ryan did. Took me ten minutes at most.

-If you forget to touch the tag to the tracking device, which does happen.
-Adding penalties.
-Fixing situations where you were really close to the edge of the fairway and it recorded it as a FIR (or FAIR) incorrectly.

That said, it is still cool. I will keep using it for the analysis, but I think they have some work to do.

That said, it is still cool. I will keep using it for the analysis, but I think they have some work to do.

I agree. Some work needs to be done, and I am hoping it happens

-Adding penalties.
-Fixing situations where you were really close to the edge of the fairway and it recorded it as a FIR (or FAIR) incorrectly.

So FAIR and GAIR arent instantly recorded? Thats tough for pin point precision players such as you and I

So FAIR and GAIR arent instantly recorded? Thats tough for pin point precision players such as you and I

It's a fine detail that must take some work to pinpoint lol.

-Adding penalties.

1) Don't forget
2) Don't hit it into the water or OB
3) Hit the middle of the fairways and greens

Problem solved. :alien:

I am actually surprised by how accurate it is on shots near the edge of FWs and Greens. Only a few I've had to tweak.

I am pretty good at remembering full swings but have trouble remembering to tag on putts for some reason.

I did get my replacement 9i tag in the mail yesterday. Took a month after I contacted them, but I did get it. Free. I imagine they don't have a lot of extra stock at the moment.

Got to try the spare tag for punch shots, etc.

I see your decision was made Natedogg.

No use hanging on to it if you won't use it for sure.

Game Golf

Game Golf

So I ended up getting the GameGolf system last week as a 30th birthday present from the wife. She thought it was cool and actually sat down with me after my round to see how it all played out.

I like the system. I did forget a few tags and played a terrible round at a new course but other than that it was cool to see the stats automatically calculated. I have an extra tag that I created for penalty shots so I can just tag that if I go out of bounds or into a hazard. I should definitely create a tag for shots that aren't my regular shots. I played a few bump and runs with my PW and 7i so that affected my distance averages. I did have some decent drives that measured exactly what my S4 approach showed, 283 yards was the longest I measured.

Overall, it is a fun concept. It will hopefully really help me dial in my distances for my clubs which I think is a great benefit. Seeing the round helps me recognize my trouble spots and gives me areas to focus on for improvement. It is gonna take a while before I dial in any of my iron distances but I plan on using it in all my rounds so it is just a matter of time.

No use hanging on to it if you won't use it for sure.

I started pondering Nate's FS until I saw the Hawkatron comments.

I'm sure it's still a great system, and Nate is offering a heck of a price. But, I just don't have time to mess around with those computers.

I started pondering Nate's FS until I saw the Hawkatron comments.

I'm sure it's still a great system, and Nate is offering a heck of a price. But, I just don't have time to mess around with those computers.

I think it's one of those personal things and depends how much time you have to invest on something. To me, spending 10-20 minutes reconciling my scorecard with the online program is a little unattractive. To others, no big deal. Like I said though, for now I'm going to try to keep using it.

I think it's one of those personal things and depends how much time you have to invest on something. To me, spending 10-20 minutes reconciling my scorecard with the online program is a little unattractive. To others, no big deal. Like I said though, for now I'm going to try to keep using it.

I agree and have said the editing portion can be a pain when I first started using it. Especially with the limited options one is given with changing items. We aren't pros, open up the editing so that we can get a clearer picture.

It does have a lot of potential, but the after hours auditing is the most frustrating step with the limitations in place currently.

Tagging usually doesn't bother me, except on the green. It just seems to vibrate more and I think everyone on the green can hear it. Probably in my head, but don't need anything more in there.

Back