What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
40/43 83 (+11). 3 fairways, 10 greens 36 putts. Bumpy greens, still hadn't healed from being aerated two weeks ago

Out of town seeing some friends and golfed a course I've only played twice before, with the last time over a year ago, and had about a 20 mph wind. Ended up with a 46 with 16 putts and no 3 putts. 7 and 8 were killers with a double and a quad, but very pleased with the rest, especially my driver which was straight and decently long all day.

40/43 83 (+11). 3 fairways, 10 greens 36 putts. Bumpy greens, still hadn't healed from being aerated two weeks ago

On smoother greens, you would have been in the 70's, buddy. Nice shooting.

Hears how Im looking with my Irons.. think I need to spend the doh and get fitted?
ezy8edus.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

haha yep! You're a big ole dude and that stick looks like a toy. :D

Hehe when I was playing jn High school I didnt quite hit my growth spurt...was 5'5"ish then now 6'3" lol.... but I love these clubs. Torn between spending the money on being fitted.....or just getting a new set of Cobras.... not sure...

What did you shoot today?

Shot a 77 today at Darkhorse
37/40 with 3 three putts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84 today. Had 3 bad holes. 2 doubles and a 9. Rebounded nicely after the 9 as it was on hole 13 and I played 14-17 at 1 under. Unfortunately I doubled 18 thanks to a 3 putt. 31 putts on the day overall. Game is still a bit rusty, but I certainly saw some improvements out there today. Playing again tomorrow, it will be nice to be able to see what back to back rounds can yield for me.

49. First time out after a long winter. Course was in terrible shape and incredibly water logged. Good practice for league though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hears how Im looking with my Irons.. think I need to spend the doh and get fitted?
ezy8edus.jpg

Holy crap, yes lol. I have a buddy that Im trying to convince to get fit. He's 6'5" and uses a standard length set. He looks like Michele Wie when she putts.

Im just undecided on wether to spend the money and get fitted or save the money and get a better set or mire or less a newer set lol... but still would need.to be fitted.lol

Im just undecided on wether to spend the money and get fitted or save the money and get a better set or mire or less a newer set lol... but still would need.to be fitted.lol

Yeah a fitting will make the new purchase process MUCH easier.

Shot a nice lil 83 42/41 musta been those new grips lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

42/38=80, 12/14 FWs, 8/18 GIRs, used 34 putts with 1 three putt. Went out at 7:30 to beat the rain today, doubled the first hole and bogeyed the next 2 to be 4 over after 3, so I am more than happy with my score after that slow start.

Only played 9 thanks to slow play
shot 44

Tee game was garbage and irons were junk.

Short game was solid, also had 3 1 putts and a few other close ones. Was just missing right edge still think I'm lined up right a bit.

42/38=80, 12/14 FWs, 8/18 GIRs, used 34 putts with 1 three putt. Went out at 7:30 to beat the rain today, doubled the first hole and bogeyed the next 2 to be 4 over after 3, so I am more than happy with my score after that slow start.

Good job in the soupy stuff buddy!

Heck it has been messy up here all day so I didn't even head to the course. Tomorrow is suppose to be rainy so I got Sunday - Tuesday to finish prepping for the King. I gonna be spending a great deal of time with the smart sole s wedge to bond with before Florida. Barry, Josh, & myself are heading out Wednesday for Orlando! :blob: :bomb:

Heck it has been messy up here all day so I didn't even head to the course. Tomorrow is suppose to be rainy so I got Sunday - Tuesday to finish prepping for the King. I gonna be spending a great deal of time with the smart sole s wedge to bond with before Florida. Barry, Josh, & myself are heading out Wednesday for Orlando! :blob: :bomb:

My whole weekend is gonna be rainy but I'll be out anyways...not too much of a choice when you live in Washington haha

Got out for 9 today. Irons are still eluding me after some great outings in Dallas. Hit some very, very promising shots that went exactly where I wanted them to go but any kind of wind just kills my shots from 4 hybrid down. Maybe a new swing is needed

I was thinking about Monday or Tuesday getting together with you for final prep for each of our tournaments, I head to Jekyll early Thursday morning. Let me know.

edit - I was home a good hour before the rain hit here so there was no soupy stuff here then, just wind and cold, not too bad compared to now, it has been raining steadily since 10:30.

First Round out for the season at Bethpage State park, on the Red course. I shot a 91. I need to shake all the rust off

Went after work because it was beautiful out. Shot a 48/43 for a 91. Not bad for 3rd time out but would like to be about 10 shots better. Only hit 3 fairways and 4 green so something to work on.

Yea, I'm tappin' it

Last edited:
Well got out today on this nice 68° day and played 18 with Parshooter36. We ended up playing Red Tail Golf Course in Decatur Illinois. Was just a beautiful day and the course was in great shape. Got to say I haven't played that fast of greens yet this year which didn't bother me because I only putted 16 times on the front. Ended up trying the claw grip today and had some amazing putts as I imagine Andy can tell you about that. But today driver was crap the second time I used it so I played the three wood the whole time on the tee box. I gotta tell ya if I dont hit it straight it's just going to give me a baby fade. So that is my new go to club on the tee. I wasn't terrible with the hybrids and irons today. Just had some minor mistakes with them. And short game was a heck lot better. The problem today was the blow up holes, uuuggghhhh. First was the seven, and the reason for that was I freaking 4 putted it. I thought going up hill it would need some more speed but i forgot they were fast today so I just went past it. Then did the same the next one and then missed a short putt. Then the next blow up hole was on a par 5, I wanted to play it short because there was water which I thought was like 200 ended up being longer. But ended up hitting it on the hill and got like 100 yards out of it. didn't make it to the fairway. So I tried hitting it out of the rough with the 5 wood but had to much grass between the ball and face and landed in the ditch with the water. Found my ball and pitched it out so I was good there. So there I was with my 4th hit, well played my 5 wood and ended up pulling it and went in the water. So took two stroke penalty and was shooting 7. Well hit a thin shot went over the green. Well had to hit a pitch onto the green under a tree and almost holed out for 8. Then ended with a putt for the ninth UGGHHH. Then onto the next hole, hit a nice drive but wasn't long enough because I had a tree in the way since it was a dogleg left. So decided to hit like a 50 yard shot to have a great third shot. Well ended up thinning it, went left of the fairway in the woods aka brush/shrubs. Well found my ball and tried playing it. That cost me two strokes getting it out of there. Then the next shot had a down hill lie and was between a creek and bunker. Made it over the water but short of the bunker. Next shot I put it on the back on the green and was like 20 feet out. Did my putt and I was like 8 feet away, then finally I made my third for feaking NINE uuugghhh. But anyways if I wouldn't have had those I would have had a nice round. Overall had a great time with Andy and enjoyed watching his straight drives and great game today. Here's my score card below.
redtail.jpg

42/37 - 79. Not the best front 9 as I birdied the first hole and preceded to double the second. Oh well. Just didn't hit my irons very well but drive the ball well and putted pretty good. A little more work at the range and my game will be in pretty good shape.

42/40= 82 couple of stupid mistakes kept me from breaking 80. Learning from it though!

89...I had a ton of Pars but three doubles and two triples. Was only 4 over on the back

I played a round today with Coers. We had a good time, and near perfect weather, great day for golfing.
I shot a 45/40 - 85 with 36 putts, 9/14 fir, and 9/18 gir.
This was the 1st time I had played this course, so I can't complain too much about an 85, but I did have 3 3-putts and my chipping was bordering on atrocious. I was striking the ball really well though, 50% gir is huge for a bogey golfer like me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back