The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes ideas come from nothing and go from seed to plant rather quickly.
Other times they are thought about, and have a raw outline, but then an idea pops off of that and it quickly becomes something very cool.
Its one of those mornings...#FranchiseRewritten

This is why this place is the best golf forum PERIOD! When the man himself is dreaming up ideas like a mad scientist with golf visions of greatness that's all I need to keep representing that 'GREEN & WHITE"!!!! THP FTW!

You guys are too kind. We have put together some fun things and will always continue to evolve. I am a believer in evolving to the better and always changing. Stagnancy is dead. The idea of mimicking someone else and hope it works for you does not fly for me. It apparently works for others, but not me. So instead of being the background, we will always be the forefront and some things will work, others will not, but at the end of the day, nobody will ever be able to say we were not trendsetters and did not change the status quo.

I am not saying this to be the Rah Rah look at us type of thing. Just something on my mind. I could go on and on, but will probably save it for a THP Radio Show or something. The old way of doing business digitally is dead, or should I say should be dead. Bring on the new era, the one that people are proud to be a part of, the one that people love to want to work with (readers and partners alike) and the one that might be the most work, but will give the most satisfaction.

For those that enjoy this place, it will never change from those ideals. Sure we could sit back and do less and say "well it works for them, so here we are now pay me", but being someone/something else is not us. Unique is always the goal. Creativity brings unique. And the process that puts the two together is what makes it all work.

2014 was(is) the evolution of THP to where it is headed.
Love it!!! I feel like running through a brick wall right now.

This is exactly what sets THP apart from all the other website (not just golf websites) out there. First it was the community we had that set us apart, and then it was the outings and soon after that the Morgan Cup and now there is more events like the Grandaddy, The King, The Gauntlet, I could go on and on...Invitationals, etc. Things that other places just can't do, not even outings. Yet look at us. I love hearing this stuff JB, I'm on board 100% of the way too pal. This place effin rocks....simple as that.

Solid gold showing up in the banter thread. JB, you've built an amazing community, but the fact that you strive for better speaks volumes about you and is a real indication that THP will continue to be successful and continue to grow. Way to go, and thank you for all of your hard work that benefits all of us.

Just something on my mind. I could go on and on, but will probably save it for a THP Radio Show or something. The old way of doing business digitally is dead, or should I say should be dead. Bring on the new era, the one that people are proud to be a part of, the one that people love to want to work with (readers and partners alike) and the one that might be the most work, but will give the most satisfaction.
I will look for this - I have some some things I'm curious about in this realm of digital engagement.

Pondering my 30th birthday gift

Citizen watch or protype IX #9HT

You guys are too kind. We have put together some fun things and will always continue to evolve. I am a believer in evolving to the better and always changing. Stagnancy is dead. The idea of mimicking someone else and hope it works for you does not fly for me. It apparently works for others, but not me. So instead of being the background, we will always be the forefront and some things will work, others will not, but at the end of the day, nobody will ever be able to say we were not trendsetters and did not change the status quo.

I am not saying this to be the Rah Rah look at us type of thing. Just something on my mind. I could go on and on, but will probably save it for a THP Radio Show or something. The old way of doing business digitally is dead, or should I say should be dead. Bring on the new era, the one that people are proud to be a part of, the one that people love to want to work with (readers and partners alike) and the one that might be the most work, but will give the most satisfaction.

For those that enjoy this place, it will never change from those ideals. Sure we could sit back and do less and say "well it works for them, so here we are now pay me", but being someone/something else is not us. Unique is always the goal. Creativity brings unique. And the process that puts the two together is what makes it all work.

2014 was(is) the evolution of THP to where it is headed.

Never stagnant, never boring, and always innovative FOR THE PEOPLE.

THAT is what I adore the most about THP, you do things that others would never dare try to do or say that is utterly impossible.

#FranchiseRewritten is alive and kicking, and I know in my heart none of us have seen ANYTHING yet.

I don't have anything quite as amazing as the greatness JB dropped this morning, which by the way is freaking awesome, but had a little fun this afternoon. I changed my wife's cracked iPhone 5 screen today. First time and was actually pretty easy. Only took 20-25 minutes.

I don't have anything quite as amazing as the greatness JB dropped this morning, which by the way is freaking awesome, but had a little fun this afternoon. I changed my wife's cracked iPhone 5 screen today. First time and was actually pretty easy. Only took 20-25 minutes.
Easy?

I need to fix my wifes iPad, but dont feel like doing it.

Easy?

I need to fix my wifes iPad, but dont feel like doing it.

Yeah it was pretty easy. I need to do the glass on my iPad as well. Just haven't got the parts for it yet.

So I have a list of "x" hospitals across the US and they have number of beds listed. Obviously they range from 0-1200+. I'm trying to find a way to filter those numbers in ranges, say 200-299, 300-399, etc. I'm using If/And statements right now but that means I have to make all new columns for each category and it just makes it messy.

Pivot table?
This would be my suggestion. Hopefully you were able to figure it out.

First thing I tried. Didn't work as needed.
Without having a data set in front of me...once you have the hospitals as the row labels and the bed numbers as the column labels, can you use a "Between" Value Filter? That might show only the values between the two parameters you enter, but you could build a second tab and copy/paste doing it that way.

I also think there is a way to group by bed numbers, but again, it's been a while since I played with it.

So I have a list of "x" hospitals across the US and they have number of beds listed. Obviously they range from 0-1200+. I'm trying to find a way to filter those numbers in ranges, say 200-299, 300-399, etc. I'm using If/And statements right now but that means I have to make all new columns for each category and it just makes it messy.

Darren, are you still trying to solve this one? I've got a few ideas, PM me if you're still working on it.

Darren, are you still trying to solve this one? I've got a few ideas, PM me if you're still working on it.

I worked out a solution. Presented it today so it's all done. Thanks though!!

I have been laughing for a good 5 minutes at this:

BYcNxYXIYAAuagm.jpg:large

So my plate is pretty full right now but I got it manageable at the moment and am trying to get as much golf in as possible at the same time(practice&play).

On a different note I'm working OT for 24hrs and have a load of golf stuff at home that was delivered this week.

Finally get out to a course
And we are behind 2 women playing their first round of the year..I've lost track of the topped shots but we are only on number 2

And a 4some in front of them we should have back 9 done by sunday

Finally get out to a course
And we are behind 2 women playing their first round of the year..I've lost track of the topped shots but we are only on number 2

And a 4some in front of them we should have back 9 done by sunday

Got stuck behind a group of high school kids on monday. Almost 3 hours for 9 holes. Finished in the dark. Usually takes me an hour and 15 minutes tops to play 9 during the week.

Got stuck behind a group of high school kids on monday. Almost 3 hours for 9 holes. Finished in the dark. Usually takes me an hour and 15 minutes tops to play 9 during the week.

Yeah I already called the pro shop and told them to have my rain check ready

Yeah I already called the pro shop and told them to have my rain check ready

Maybe your just prepping to be behind slower players for the MC.... No I am not implying you ATL

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Haha I think the 3 some in front of them may be slower.

Reminds me why I hate munis

Looked at Facebook tonight to find out that the guy who shot all the cars in Kansas City is from where I live, and I went to school with his brother who is a great guy. I noticed he had a strange message earlier today, but it just crazy to think this was the same guy I knew in high school.

Looked at Facebook tonight to find out that the guy who shot all the cars in Kansas City is from where I live, and I went to school with his brother who is a great guy. I noticed he had a strange message earlier today, but it just crazy to think this was the same guy I knew in high school.

That's crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back