What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
42/38 today for a solid 80. Had 3 double bogies and other than that played well including 2 birdies.

Well got out today on this nice 68° day and played 18 with Parshooter36. We ended up playing Red Tail Golf Course in Decatur Illinois. Was just a beautiful day and the course was in great shape. Got to say I haven't played that fast of greens yet this year which didn't bother me because I only putted 16 times on the front. Ended up trying the claw grip today and had some amazing putts as I imagine Andy can tell you about that.

You definitely had the claw grip working for you early in the round, keep it up!

First postable round of the year for this guy. Shot 77 at home course. 6 bogeys 1 birdie and 11 pars. Swing was feeling good and the short game was working very well. Gave a few strokes away with poor reads on the greens.

Lots of Albatross work in this thread! Awesome guys!

42/37 - 79

Yep. Getting there.

Work that's what it felt like when I was wacking the ball out of the ditch and out of the thorn bushes. Brad if I can just eliminate those blow up holes I would be golden man. Used the claw grip today with putting and had some awesome putting. I think after messing up on the 9th kinda messed my head up some. Ill keep at it though.
Lots of Albatross work in this thread! Awesome guys!

84 today. Had 3 bad holes. 2 doubles and a 9. Rebounded nicely after the 9 as it was on hole 13 and I played 14-17 at 1 under. Unfortunately I doubled 18 thanks to a 3 putt. 31 putts on the day overall. Game is still a bit rusty, but I certainly saw some improvements out there today. Playing again tomorrow, it will be nice to be able to see what back to back rounds can yield for me.
Sounds like you're OFF the 45 train....

#DoWorkDot....oh wait a sec

It's okay. You'll be hearing it a bunch on 7/27. Might as well get used to it. Heh.

Nice rounds being posted in this thread.

Just joined the THP after "guesting" for about a month. You guys rock! Addicting even. Played my 1st round of golf in over 4 years today. Shot a 111 (52/59). It wasn't pretty, but I had a few of those that make you want to keep coming back.
Dropped 8 shots off of last weeks score. 45/58 Pretty happy with the front.

85. 42/43.

Had 15 bogies, 3 pars. Had holes where I walked off saying, "I can't believe I got a bogey!" and holes where I walked off saying, "I can't believe I got an effing bogey!".

Last edited:
I hear ya there man, i shot 11 bogies today and it should have been like 6-7 bogies. Those darn couple of inches next to the cup makes a huge difference for the tap ins.
85. 42/43.

Had 15 bogies, 3 pars. Had holes where I walked off saying, "I can't believe I cot a bogey!" and holes where I walked off saying, "I can't believe I got an effing bogey!".

49/56 = 105

Best round ever! Knew I was playing well on the front 9 and was excited to break 50 for the first time ever! Had a three jack and two penalties on the front nine so I could have played even better. Also had one snow man, but that was my only "other" to go with 1 par, 4 bogeys, and 3 doubles. The back nine, eh ... was a different story, but it was steadily raining. Made two par's and three double bogeys to go along with a 6 and three snowmen. Four penalties on the back hurt, as did the 4 three jacks.

So why am I so darn happy? If I clean up my game, I not only break 100, I destroy it. I think I finally got my grip sorted out and my stroke felt smooth today. Another thing to be excited about was I hit 9/14 FIR and finished with 36 total putts. I really need to get used to this Odyssey #7 as I burned quite a few holes today (including one from 40' out). It also looks like I've gotten a bit more length, as several holes saw me overshoot the green with clubs that I have hit at that range before.

So, finally got over one hurdle (a sub-50 half) and now need to put it all together and I'll be sub-100.

And I finally have a handicap! Granted it's 36.1 but it's below the 36.4 maximum!

Last edited:
49/56 = 105

Best round ever! Knew I was playing well on the front 9 and was excited to break 50 for the first time ever! Had a three jack and two penalties on the front nine so I could have played even better. Also had one snow man, but that was my only "other" to go with 1 par, 4 bogeys, and 3 doubles. The back nine, eh ... was a different story, but it was steadily raining. Made two par's and three double bogeys to go along with a 6 and three snowmen. Four penalties on the back hurt, as did the 4 three jacks.

So why am I so darn happy? If I clean up my game, I not only break 100, I destroy it. I think I finally got my grip sorted out and my stroke felt smooth today. Another thing to be excited about was I hit 9/17 FIR and finished with 36 total putts. I really need to get used to this Odyssey #7 as I burned quite a few holes today (including one from 40' out). It also looks like I've gotten a bit more length, as several holes saw me overshoot the green with clubs that I have hit at that range before.

So, finally got over one hurdle (a sub-50 half) and now need to put it all together and I'll be sub-100.

And I finally have a handicap! Granted it's 36.1 but it's below the 36.4 maximum!

Congrats. You seem to be well on your way to some good improvement

42/37 - 79

Yep. Getting there.

You just have to tell that front none to cooperate better. Nice round dude

Congrats. You seem to be well on your way to some good improvement
I think the lessons are really starting to kick in. Now that I'm hitting fairways off the tee, it's relaxing me to play a good second shot. Mistakes cost me today (2 water balls, 2 unplayable lies, 2 OB's), and I just need more quality time with the #7. Played aggressive with the chipping today and it worked out for me. I think my days of timid shots are over ... I can live with playing aggressive and costing myself a stroke or two, as opposed to wimping it and costing myself a stroke or two.

Since July 4th, 2013 I have shaved 41 strokes off my score, so progress is definitely being made!

85. 42/43.

Had 15 bogies, 3 pars. Had holes where I walked off saying, "I can't believe I got a bogey!" and holes where I walked off saying, "I can't believe I got an effing bogey!".

I take it back. I parred #1 with a long putt. So 84 (41/43).

Last edited:
A craptastic 99 at Rossmoor Golf Club. Only four fairways but all but two were outside the first cut. Another gpod thong was my discovery of the e7 ball. It was recommended by the bfit and I was getting great distance today with it. Over 40 putts again also. After the holiday I plan on calling an SPI instructor for some lessons.

I had a +10 78 yesterday at a course I haven't played at for over a year and then went out today to my home course and also shot a +10 82, two disappointing scores but consistent with the +10 haha.

39/39 for a +6 78.
1 birdie
7 bogeys
7 1-putts
4 3-putts

It was feast or famine with the putter today as the greens were aerated on Monday. For the most part they rolled pretty well.

Driver was incredible but had a slight case of the pulls with my irons. Put myself in position to score off the tee but for the most part I couldn't capitalize.

43/40 from 6569 yards. Home course. Two penalties.

37° when I teed off and 50° when I got done. Too old for that crap. It needs to warm up.

Wanted to commit to the changes for a round and pretty successful at that. Got better as I went on.

Had a 105 today, the strange thing is that I came away with a lot of positives, one of those days when I hit well but didn't score well.
I know 105 would horrify a lot on here, I'm not pleased with the score, but I am pleased with how I hit shots.

Couldn't get going on the front, was a bit slow with sometimes 3 groups on tees waiting.
11 thru 17 was very good for me, only a couple of loose shots. Hit some good drives, very pleased with 3w off the deck, and a couple of lobs went really well.
Most encouraging was my putting, lots of 2 putts but when there were, the second was usually in gimme range. This is a big change from the last few weeks where I've been leaving 20 footers 12 feet short or 8 feet past! (I need to get a superstroke for the cleveland putter.)

Had a 105 today, the strange thing is that I came away with a lot of positives, one of those days when I hit well but didn't score well.
I know 105 would horrify a lot on here, I'm not pleased with the score, but I am pleased with how I hit shots.

Couldn't get going on the front, was a bit slow with sometimes 3 groups on tees waiting.
11 thru 17 was very good for me, only a couple of loose shots. Hit some good drives, very pleased with 3w off the deck, and a couple of lobs went really well.
Most encouraging was my putting, lots of 2 putts but when there were, the second was usually in gimme range. This is a big change from the last few weeks where I've been leaving 20 footers 12 feet short or 8 feet past! (I need to get a superstroke for the cleveland putter.)

That is actually the most important part of a day on the course to me as far as my game goes. I always look forward to being with good friends enjoying fellowship and the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back