What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
42 today on a tough little track, slope of 140. Putting hurt me pretty bad, but I drove the ball really well. I feel like I've really progressed so far. I feel a sub 40 round is right on the horizon

That's this game we all love partner. Tomorrow has a brighter shine to it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure does Bill! I'll have it figured out teammate, don't you worry :thumb:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Ugh. 51 on a morning 9 today. Couldn't get off the tee to save my life. Had to head to the range afterwards and flesh it out - think I got it figured though, which is the positive. Also had a chip in...for bogey, but still. More practice tomorrow.

Hang in there! I still have days like that every once in awhile

Hang in there! I still have days like that every once in awhile

Don't we all? Haha. DJ shot an 82 at the Masters, I don't feel too bad

Poo, poo and more poo
facepalm_zps7f9b8763.gif

What a daft game this is sometimes, got off to a good start even though I forgot my S2, possibly one of the best one's since my move and thought, 'here we go'!

I then messed up the par 5, not for the 1st time, this 4th hole is really becoming my nemesis! Started to pull things back and was 15 points with a blob on the front 9 and thought, I can pull this back, I'm hitting it OK...

Then I just had some awful bad luck, bunker ball positions were right into the front face or against the back lip with no opportunity of getting the club behind the ball, OK I shouldn't be in them but give us a fair chance to get out, please!

Probably the best I've driven the ball ever all the way around 18 holes but my course management on my 2nd shots were atrocious, I lost count how many times I had very delicate chips over greenside bunkers with no green to work with which saved me some blobs but also cost me some also
banghead_zpsf5e3464c.gif

Really haven't got to grips with this new club & course yet, there's a few fairways where the ball bounces towards hazards or runs off to places which block your 2nd or 3rd approach shot so club choice is critical and I haven't sussed it yet, but I will!

0.1 it is then

I shot 42/46 - 88. 4/18 gir, 5/13 fir and 27 putts! I was rolling the ball beautifully today, 9 1-putts and no 3 putts! I played pretty well overall, but lost the driver towards the end which hurt me on a couple of holes. The 18th in particular, I put one OB off the tee, so I'm 3 off the tee on a par 5...not good. Then I proceed to put 2 balls in the water trying to hit the island green. The only highlight of that hole was the 12 foot bender I made to save an 11 lol!

I shot 42/46 - 88. 4/18 gir, 5/13 fir and 27 putts! I was rolling the ball beautifully today, 9 1-putts and no 3 putts! I played pretty well overall, but lost the driver towards the end which hurt me on a couple of holes. The 18th in particular, I put one OB off the tee, so I'm 3 off the tee on a par 5...not good. Then I proceed to put 2 balls in the water trying to hit the island green. The only highlight of that hole was the 12 foot bender I made to save an 11 lol!

3w off the tee can be your best friend. Still solid score and great putting!

77. With 35 putts. Felt great to be out though. Finally this weather is showing signs of hope

89 43/46 it was a tough day for the home team. Limped in with a double on 18 to top off a frustrating back 9.
Think I found some Easter eggs in the rough I was playing out of today lol.
Happy Easter yall hit'em good.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

93 with 35 putts and SIX lost balls. Iron and wedge play was decent, but too many putts and still all over the place on the tee--regardless of what club is in my hand.

81 at Battleground in Deer Park. 2 birdies, par 4 1st and par 5 16th, 42/39, greens were horrible, rock hard not holding had to play short and bounce on.

39/38 - 77

89 today and I had NOTHING. Came away frustrated and disappointed. Its been a tough two weeks.

JM

89 today and I had NOTHING. Came away frustrated and disappointed. Its been a tough two weeks.

JM

Just keep working at it man. We all get frustrated but I am sure by the time we play on Wednesday before the MC you will have the game in tip top shape.

JM

Keep your head up and keep working. It will pay off bro!

42/44 for an 86. Took another big number on a par 5. No birdies today. 7 fairways and 6 greens along with 33 putts. Course was in rough shape as it just opened yesterday.

Suddenly got a 2 way miss with the driver....frustrating.

43/45 = 88

5/13 FW
4 GIR
34 putts

93 with 35 putts and SIX lost balls. Iron and wedge play was decent, but too many putts and still all over the place on the tee--regardless of what club is in my hand.

Keep grinding.

42-41/83
0 birdies
9 pars
7 bogeys
2 doubles
32 putts
6 FIR
7 GIR

What a challenging day. I had to fight for everything I got. Had no feel for my swing except for my short irons and wedges. My new home course is long and difficult, with 2 of the par 5's measuring over 600yds and playing into 30mph winds. prob 2/3's of the holes played into the wind, which really added to the challenge. I lost prob 20yds on my irons and 40-50 on drives. Made everything play soooo long, which was aggravated by the fact that I didnt hit one single drive on the sweetspot. I didnt make any putts of note and was misreading almost every one. I have to say that these greens are immaculate for this time of year. Pro said they're rolling at about a 10 and I believe him. They roll so freaking well with tricky, subtle breaks despite many undulations. They hold too even though a 6i in barely makes a mark. I even spun 4 wedges back off the green. The first 9 had me leaving chips well short because of the green speed, but started attacking pins on the back because they bounced and checked up perfectly. I'm gonna have a lot of fun learning this course, but man, is it a butt kicker.

Just keep working at it man. We all get frustrated but I am sure by the time we play on Wednesday before the MC you will have the game in tip top shape.

Im confident it will come, but it was a tough pill to swallow today. Good weather too. I just felt a great round coming and got smacked for it!

Keep your head up and keep working. It will pay off bro!

I know bro. It sure did for you today! Great round.

JM

Shot 49/43 yesterday. 5 3-putts. Didn't hit the ball for crap. Used a putter I wasn't really comfortable with and it showed. I was able to hole out from 70 after putting my tee shot in the water. My pitching was awesome though. Some good things, but I felt like 85 or lower should have been more like it.

Got me thinking about maybe my irons aren't right for my game....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back