Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

I am starting to think the Project x5.5 are too flexible for me. Started to really think about bettering my game. Thinking maybe steel fibre is best suited for me. Last time to checked my driver speed it was between 110-115 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jays,
with that SS you should look at 6.0-6.5. Anything lower flex would be too whippy and soft for you.

Jays,
with that SS you should look at 6.0-6.5. Anything lower flex would be too whippy and soft for you.

I am thinking that too, the times I can hit my irons well are when I swing slow. Rest of the time is all over the place. I am wanting to try a couple of options before I install.

I am thinking that too, the times I can hit my irons well are when I swing slow. Rest of the time is all over the place. I am wanting to try a couple of options before I install.

My SS is about 106 and 6.0 are just on the edge of my tolerance (softer side) 6.5 my dispersion is better but don't like the feel. Kbs tour 130g for me all day. Although the dg x100 are nice for me too

My SS is about 106 and 6.0 are just on the edge of my tolerance (softer side) 6.5 my dispersion is better but don't like the feel. Kbs tour 130g for me all day. Although the dg x100 are nice for me too

I am thinking of either steel fibre or kbs shafts, from what I've read they are really a good match. I am leaning more towards an extra stiff with a mid kick point. Thanks for all the advice, helping me with this tough pick.

Last edited:
The Project X PXi's are amazing and I will continue to use them in all my future iron sets until they are no longer an option. They are the gold standard by which I judge every other shaft now.

know nothing of the PXi shafts, will have to try and find a demo of them after seeing this kind of statement. I know PX well from a few years ago and they responded well to my aggressive pass at the ball, but these days i have ease things up a bit.

I know it is me and not the clubs, but I have to admit the last few times out have me thinking about trading the DPC's for something more forgiving.

I know it is me and not the clubs, but I have to admit the last few times out have me thinking about trading the DPC's for something more forgiving.

There are definitely more forgiving options out there thats for sure. Apex for starters, Speedblades would be 2 that id be looking at

ArmyGolf and I were talking about this last round. Everytime I have a bad iron round with my CMB's, and he with the DPC's, we have the same thought. And that thought is APEX. If they were a little cheaper, I might act on it, but right now they're just too rich for my blood.

I brought my SpeedBlade 6i with me. I immediately noticed the extra forgiveness and distance, but dang it was hard to give up the DPC's feel. Actually, I was kind of thinking about c0ncept's i25's but the last thing I need right now is to drop coin on new clubs. I signed up for a tune up lesson with my instructor, if he can get me straightened out that will be a lot less expensive than a whole set of sticks :)

I brought my SpeedBlade 6i with me. I immediately noticed the extra forgiveness and distance, but dang it was hard to give up the DPC's feel. Actually, I was kind of thinking about c0ncept's i25's but the last thing I need right now is to drop coin on new clubs. I signed up for a tune up lesson with my instructor, if he can get me straightened out that will be a lot less expensive than a whole set of sticks :)

Apex...best of both worlds

I feel your pain haha. Check out Adams CB3's, not quite as forgiving as something like a SpeedBlade, but way more forgiving than most player's heads, and they feel pretty darn good too. And seeing that you play KBS Tour 90 in your long irons, and the CB3's have 90's stock, sets up pretty good for you I'd say.

One lesson and I'm on my way to being a Bridgestone man again :)

Last edited:
I think this week, or at least when I buy some ferrules and they arrive, I'll be dropping some S300 shafts into my DPC heads.

While I am about 95% certain I'll be gaming either x100 or s300/s400 for this Morgan Cup, I need to know if the DPCs can perform as well and be as responsive as the CB heads. I'm open to a combo set, or a full set of either, just need to get these C-Tapers out and give them a fair shot.

I think I am set with what I am going with. I like the idea of a full set of DPC's however I think I am going combo with the DG-100's. I have a set of CB's with 400 'a in them and like the 100's better.

I think I am set with what I am going with. I like the idea of a full set of DPC's however I think I am going combo with the DG-100's. I have a set of CB's with 400 'a in them and like the 100's better.

Want to expand on that buddy?

If you like the idea of DPCs, why not go with that?

What's different for you between S4 and X1?

To the Bridgestone MC Staffers: I've got an extra J40 DPC 6 iron laying around here, shafted with a KBS C-Taper Lite shaft in stiff flex. If someone wants to test it out for a couple of weeks before they have to put their order in, just let me know, I can ship it out to you.

Want to expand on that buddy?

If you like the idea of DPCs, why not go with that?

What's different for you between S4 and X1?

Well that there came off backasswards Dan. When I was typing up my respond and I typed DPC's instead of CB's. I currently have a set of CB's with DG s400 Tour which seem just a bit heavy for me. I was fit into the CB's but like the added forgiveness on the longer irons.

To the Bridgestone MC Staffers: I've got an extra J40 DPC 6 iron laying around here, shafted with a KBS C-Taper Lite shaft in stiff flex. If someone wants to test it out for a couple of weeks before they have to put their order in, just let me know, I can ship it out to you.

Awesome gesture, Ary. I've already got a 6 iron in PX 6.0, but am going to get a fitting to determine what shafts/flexes are best. Do you think it would help the fitter see the same head on 2 different shafts, or if they're good enough they shouldn't have to see that?

Awesome gesture, Ary. I've already got a 6 iron in PX 6.0, but am going to get a fitting to determine what shafts/flexes are best. Do you think it would help the fitter see the same head on 2 different shafts, or if they're good enough they shouldn't have to see that?

I guess you could go in with the same head to have 1 less variable, but really, you're going to get a different feel from 2 shafts anyways, I don't think a different clubhead makes all that much of a difference. Some may argue otherwise. When it comes to irons, the performance of a lot of iron shafts isn't really all that different when you're talking about launch and spin numbers in terms of the steel shafts; it's much more variable with graphite shafts in drivers/fairways. Use the club you have as a benchmark club, and then go from there. If you have other questions, post them up here or PM me.

I think this week, or at least when I buy some ferrules and they arrive, I'll be dropping some S300 shafts into my DPC heads.

While I am about 95% certain I'll be gaming either x100 or s300/s400 for this Morgan Cup, I need to know if the DPCs can perform as well and be as responsive as the CB heads. I'm open to a combo set, or a full set of either, just need to get these C-Tapers out and give them a fair shot.
I didn't see The DG s400 offered. That is why I didn't go that route

I didn't see The DG s400 offered. That is why I didn't go that route

They are there. In the DGTI.

Dynamic Gold Tour0.355"TS400130
Dynamic Gold Tour0.355"TX100130

Sure is. I didn't even notice the tour issues until Dan pointed them out to me. I HAVE TO STOP SKIMMIMG!

Back