Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here it's been awfully windy here the past couple of days....where you're at as well?

Yeah, but today it's nice and calm, and quite warm. I might duck out early to hit some balls...

We get about an inch or 2 of snow every third day lately.... I don't think the course is ever going to open. This is the first time I can remember not having a really nice stretch of weather in February. Even during the worst winters I can think of we had a week or more of temps in the 60's and even 70's. This year, we get into the 40's for a couple of days, then it drops back to the 20's and 30's and spits a little more snow at us.

Got an inch yesterday evening... today and tomorrow in the 40's, then snow again on Sunday... 40's Monday and Tuesday, then snow again on Wednesday. :banghead:

Our handicap season is supposed to start on the 15th of March.... the handicap will be that there is still snow on the ground. :rolleyes:

Average temperature here in late February is mid-40s. The snow just picked up again. The plows haven't been able to keep up with this last storm.

I'm with you Fourputt. Our last snow brought 4 or 5 inches just as we were seeing some grass. This week is forcast for some nice 40 degree days with one colder day in the middle, snow included, hehe.

Average temperature here in late February is mid-40s. The snow just picked up again. The plows haven't been able to keep up with this last storm.

Sorry to hear it Claire. Liz read in the paper here that our city, county and most of the State agencies are so far over budget on snow removal this year they don't know what their going to do, :banghead:. Maybe we need disaster funding, lol.

Sorry to hear it Claire. Liz read in the paper here that our city, county and most of the State agencies are so far over budget on snow removal this year they don't know what their going to do, :banghead:. Maybe we need disaster funding, lol.

Yup. My guess is they all step up parking enforcement and speed limit violations this spring. Raise revenues without raising taxes.

I just got a call from a customer who wants me to meet him to play around noon. As much as I hate to play in 65*, sunny weather, I am going to have to go do it. Man, I hate this job. All I do is work, work, work. I probably won't get finished til after 4PM. Jeez.

I just got a call from a customer who wants me to meet him to play around noon. As much as I hate to play in 65*, sunny weather, I am going to have to go do it. Man, I hate this job. All I do is work, work, work. I probably won't get finished til after 4PM. Jeez.

Can you read my thoughts?? :D

I am going to give the practice greens a go today. Have a new putter, a Penta, a e6+, and a Volvik to fool around with. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, and this self induced cabin fever is going to be pushed to the wayside. 63* and sunny for today, with light winds they say. :D

Just got out to run some errands and wow! Sunny and much nicer/warmer than I expected. I can actually see some grass in the yard. If we miss the snow this next few days we may actually be able to golf in a week, yay!

Just got out to run some errands and wow! Sunny and much nicer/warmer than I expected. I can actually see some grass in the yard. If we miss the snow this next few days we may actually be able to golf in a week, yay!

i'll keep my fingers crossed for ya duey. i know you have to be itching to get out there, especially with all that new gear you picked up.

i'll keep my fingers crossed for ya duey. i know you have to be itching to get out there, especially with all that new gear you picked up.

Thanks tc. Yes, I've had all the "weather" I can handle. Thers a mini river running down the street in front of my house from the melting snow, it's great, lol. I have to decide who's going to fit me to these irons quickly, the warmth may be short lived.

Thanks tc. Yes, I've had all the "weather" I can handle. Thers a mini river running down the street in front of my house from the melting snow, it's great, lol. I have to decide who's going to fit me to these irons quickly, the warmth may be short lived.

i really don't know how you do it man. i am so over winter here and it's nothing compared to what you've gone through. it's time to invest in an in home simulator or something.

I'm playing on the sim today. I think outdoor golf is going to come as a shock when I finally get back out there. I'm getting used to having a waitress bring me lunch and drinks and watching golf on TV in between shots.

I'm playing on the sim today. I think outdoor golf is going to come as a shock when I finally get back out there. I'm getting used to having a waitress bring me lunch and drinks and watching golf on TV in between shots.
Wow! You live right. :)

Rain today with periods of thunder and lightning!

I'm just curious about how much they charge for a cart there.... :confused2:

:laughing:

I just looked outside and it is raining! Bummer. Its supposed to stop by noon, but I have an engagement I have to attend so this afternoon is out. Too bad. I really wanted to play today.

Overcast and colder today and tomorrow, but 40's in the forcast much of next week. I'll cross my fingers and hope, but by Thursday we could have a range open here! I can actually see a little grass along my side walk, yeah!

Overcast and colder today and tomorrow, but 40's in the forcast much of next week. I'll cross my fingers and hope, but by Thursday we could have a range open here! I can actually see a little grass along my side walk, yeah!

Same weather here except that there isn't as much snow on the ground. Still too much left in the shade and north facing slopes for the courses to open though. The range at my home course isn't even open today because they haven't been able to pick balls. With snow on the ground, they have to pick by hand, and that means closing the range and getting all the range kids out with buckets. So far I've managed to avoid participating in that ritual. :D

Oh... and 2-4" of snow expected tonight.... :banghead: Then 50's starting on Tuesday.... maybe, just maybe, there might be golf sometime in my future... :rolleyes:

Same weather here except that there isn't as much snow on the ground. Still too much left in the shade and north facing slopes for the courses to open though. The range at my home course isn't even open today because they haven't been able to pick balls. With snow on the ground, they have to pick by hand, and that means closing the range and getting all the range kids out with buckets. So far I've managed to avoid participating in that ritual. :D

Oh... and 2-4" of snow expected tonight.... :banghead: Then 50's starting on Tuesday.... maybe, just maybe, there might be golf sometime in my future... :rolleyes:

Lol, 5o's sound pretty nice. You must be a bit south. 40's are our high days expected and 38* again by Friday. Were seeing a few flakes right now, but should be short lived. Seem's crazy to think I need to drive to Colorado to find warmer weather, lol. At this point I'd almost do it. I just heard that one of the courses won't allow anyone on the range until April first, regardless of the weather :banghead:. I hope their not all like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back